2010 West Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll give him until Monday. Seems a shame though. Adding one piece to the puzzle during a championship run can work. Adding three is a recipe for a first round loss. Cuban will never learn that talent is necessary but not sufficient for a winning team.

Go Dyess!

2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Continuing in the same vein about refereeing, this is from Bill Simmons' "2010 NBA Playoffs Human Power Rankings" column he did this week.

Link: Bill Simmons: 2010 NBA Playoffs Human Power Rankings - ESPN

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Go Dice! I'm rooting for the Spurs now. LA-SAS WCF would be fun to watch, but no way Stern's gonna allow his dream of a Lakers-Lebroniers Finals go to waste.

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I agree Walt, GO SPURS!

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah..we had a Spurs-Cavs finals before that was a ratings sweep disaster....but this time depending Lebrons elbo, it could be a reverse sweep.

It was funny how Genobli looked last night with the duct tape on his nose, that dude will be playing in a cast next week if needed.

6. Walter

It looked like Manu was reattaching his nose after every foul. Pretty funny.

It it turns out to be a Cavs-Spurs rematch, there's no way the Cavs are sweeping the Spurs. As a matter of fact, if the Spurs can make it to the finals, I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all. I doubt they can get past the Lakers though.

It would be pretty dramatic to have a Celtics-Spurs final. Sheed vs Dice. :stirthepot:

7. LA Dre

I just know that Sports Bar I was at in the first half just let out the biggest scream/cheer/yell to shake the whole block after Gasol's put back....nearly half the people in the place (The Yard House) had on Laker gear and we live 50 miles east of LA.....they probably gave out free drinks too after that win...maybe I should have stayed:).... Close but no cigar as those last two offensive plays by the Thunder were not well designed.

The Thunder gave up to many three balls in the second half, but still after that big run to go up by 3, I thought we had a game 7 coming...but nope:yellowprison:

Is it to late for Nick Collison to learn how to block out and grab a rebound?? Dude just allowed Gasol to grab the missed shot and never rotated back for the board/blockout..

Wondering if Durant should have been on Kobe on the last play to try to block the shot instead of letting him get the ball off and available for rebound.?? Oh well...maybe next year for the Thunder....as the nations' cinderella falls to the Kobies...

8. LA Dre

I wonder if the Jazz can beat the Lakers with no Memo, and a beat up Williams and AK 47??

If the Williams is really hurt, the Lakers are signing the Birdman next season..for that screen/block on him with 20 seconds left in the game.....

Maybe this is the year that Jerry Sloan finally gets a ring???? probably not...

9. coynejeremy

Horrible final play for the Thunder. I can't believe they didn't call timeout instead of inbounding to set up that shot.

That Jazz win was bittersweet for Jazz fans around here after seeing Williams' injury in the closing seconds of the series-clinching win.

Two exciting games tonight.

10. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Got to love young teams like the Thunder. As long as they can continue to go upwards, they'll be a problem in this league. And they have Serge IBLOCKA!

Can't see anyone out the West taking the championship this year. The best team is the Lakers and they've looked vulnerable for the last 2 months.

My predicitions for Round 2:

Lakers in 5 or 6.
    Suns and Spurs will have a good series. Jason Richardson is probably the most important player in this series. When he plays well, the Suns win. Most likely the Spurs go on to get curb stomped by LA though.

11. LA Dre

Oh Well, Phil Jackson's Bulls and Lakers teams are now are 45-0 when winning the first game of playoff series and the Lakers are 33-1 at home when when leading after the end of the 3rd qtr in their last 34 playoff games. the Jazz may as well forfeit the three remaining game as let the Lakers go ahead and advance to the conference finals.

That's the second game in a row that they have come up big in crunch time as the opposing teams have allowed Kobe, Gasol and Lamar Kardashian to out hustle them and pull it out despite brief leads with less than 90 seconds left in the game.

I am not sure what hate more, the local Laker announcers or ABC's Mike Breen who seems to get excited over Laker wins...

12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Back in the day when he used to do just Knick games, I loved Breen...since he has gone national, he is all Hollywood and loves the refs to boot.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wes Mathews > Rodney Stuckey

14. dba

One thing about the Lakers - tall is good. The Lakers and the Celtics are probably the only two classically constructed teams in the league, who have both legitimate fours and fives who can play. The Suns are trying, but Lopez is still unproven (and broken), and the Spurs are playing two fours with nary a five in sight.

15. dba

Not looking great for the Spurs. The Suns bench won't play nearly as well on the road, but the Spurs have to win at least one and maybe two in Phoenix and that's looking tough.

16. Walter

I wouldn't count them out just yet. If they defend their home court and send the series back to Phoenix tied 2-2, panic bells will start a-ringing in Arizona.

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I would dearly love to see Steve Nash and the Suns get past the Dastardly Spurs. It's actually painful for me to watch these games. I have to watch them with the sound off and glance at the score as I walk through the house cleaning. My house is very clean now. I am a Spur hater right down to my bones. I could care less that they are a defensive team la de da. I have heard all the reasons why I should like the Spurs because they are so much like us. I hate them. They play dirty, they flop, and somewhere along the way they made a deal with the Devil and sold their souls for all the breaks they get when they do things like hip check Steve Nash out of bounds and the Suns bench gets up and gets suspended.

I tell you I want the Suns to make it past them as much as I've wanted any basketball event since we were relevant. Nothing makes me happier than watching Tim Duncan pout. Watching Ginobili hang his head after all his antics haven't worked. Tony Parker with his confused bewildered losing look. I don't care if they are good basketball players. I don't care if they have the best basketball coach in the business. I hate them they way people hate the NY Yankees. Worse. Because they broke my heart when I was most in love with the Pistons and I'll never ever ever forgive them.

May they lose lose lose lose. May they lose two in a row on their home floor.

GO STEVIE AND GO PHOENIX!

18. coynejeremy

I only felt that way about the Spurs when we were playing them. They are a class organization and I wish them well.

19. Walter

It sounds like you're holding back. That's ok. Just tell us how you really feel. Let it all out.

:)

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't view the Spurs as (as Sheed says) "NBA Darlings".
    ...good old fashioned lunch-bucket team that I tend to root for when they're not playing Detroit.