MSU 2011-2012 Michigan State Spartans Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jun 27, 2011.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

It was Nike pushing their Pro-Combat stuff for one game. Ugly as hell IMO, except for the helmet.

2. max

max All-Star

Isn't that going a little too far? One thing to have them where little Tostido chip emblems for the Fiesta bowl but changing entire uniforms to sell some shoes? How does that bode with the college athletic purists who do not believe the kids are entitled to anything beyond their scholarships.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

I didn't like the helmet either.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I know...I didn't like any of that crap that MSU was wearing. :gun1:

Go back to your traditional unis...

5. Nemo

I still contend that this poster is not a fan...not yet anyways.

Michigan State last season Defeated Wisconsin on the field of battle, yet were denied their place at the Rose Bowl...

Wisconsin went instead because voters forgot their moral compass and excluded MSU...It's still happening now. Instead of celebrating the victory of MSU...the national press is rather...exposing that UM isn't ready for dominance yet.

Surly Spartans look bent on Big Ten contention - College Football - Rivals.com

Anyways...there is a BIGGER game on this team's schedule and it is next week.
    Now tell me...do you think these players have forgotton about the shortcoming of last season.

A true fan would not have forgotton the pain and suffering that this team endured by not getting the BCS nod..at least.

Because of this...they were sent to a LOWER bowl game and subsequently...did not play with the intensity and heart that SHOULD have been there.

I now ask that this fan redeem himself and declare this game...of the utmost importance. And that he cheer them on..."wether they win or lose"...and stay by their side...at least for the rest of the season. I'll be there with you..

I wonder if Sunday morning church is affecting the tone of my posts...

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Denard didn't like them either. He had lots of trouble washing the colors out of his white jersey. You were probably having nightmares all evening about them too. :boink::boink::boink::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

You probably want MSU to go back to their old suckiness against U of M more than you want the old unis. ;)

Honestly, I loved both the helmet and the uniforms. They look much tougher and the players loved them too.

I didn't like my old Spartan jersey. It wasn't a really good one and was much heavier than the replicas from Nike or Reebok. I got rid of it last week. So I went to look at the jerseys and all they had left were mediums. Those were gone too a couple hours later. Probably a run on them after the game.

7. Darth Tater

What??? That article was mainly about Sparty... not U of M. It's always gotta be about U of M isn't it? You guys crack me up.

Sparty isn't worried about any of that.

2008-2011 Paul Bunyan.I don't care that Michigan had it from 1912-2007. Sparty doesn't care that you won every last game by the score of 87-17. One score matters. 28-14. Nobody cares that Michigan once co-owned the Big Ten with Ohio State. Congratulations. Impressive. [STRIKE]Wisconsin[/STRIKE] Sparty is on top now.

As a TV analyst said: U of M may not take Sparty as seriously as OSU and Notre damebut they better start!!! MAYBE I need to start believing too. (I'm thrilled they beat their arch rivals for the 4th year in a row and as the game drew closer I didn't think they would. U of M looked like they had a pretty good squad...and I still think so. But Wisconsin scores 40-60 points a game. Even IF Sparty holds them to 28 they would need the offense to shine. Remote). If they win one of their next two I will wear that avatar as promised. If they win both I will buy a jersey. But party won the big one. I'm good until they play Boise state next year.

8. Nemo

In rivals.com Michigan was listed as a loser, but Spartans were not listed as a winner...Sad that you're still on the fence as far as being a fan of the Spartans.

the MAYBE in your last post says it all.

You're not a fan cause you still picked Michigan to win........

You didn't give your team due diligence.....

You didn't study the players and coaches.....

You just went with Big Blue...Even referring to the Spartans as "little Brothers"...

Shameful....Just Shameful....

I guess I'll just have to be a Spartans fan for the both of us....

Have you decided who is going to win next week yet...or shall I get you a fence to sit on...

9. Darth Tater

Thank you for explaining that to me, fence sitter police. You'll be in a better mood after the game next year...MAYBE. :pound::stirthepot:

10. Nemo

I'm in a good mood now...

I don't mind the Wolverines losing...

Their weaknesses were exposed by a very good Spartan team.

Remember...The Spartans get one more win in the next two weeks...

and I win the bet with you..........:pound:

I bet ON the Spartans...........:)

You bet AGAINST them.........:(

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

12. Nemo

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Michigan is still recovering from the RichRod fiasco. We're respectable this year, but still have sub par athletes on defense that have clearly over achieving (mainly by causing turnovers). Most everybody beat Michigan for the past few years, so no big deal.

I'm just happy we're on the rise and never had any illusions that this was going to be the year.

Still, it was a competitive game that could have gone either way if the refs could see sidelines and hash marks.

14. Darth Tater

:rolleyes:

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

16. Nemo

Thanks...

I'm kinda used to guys running across the field and jumping up to touch a banner.

I hope those guys at Gameday pay MSU more respect this time. I see State winning this one.

Eventually...they're gonna have to pay attention to MSU...........

17. Nemo

Nice post...I've been trying to put my finger on exactly where the Wolverines are as a team. When the media ranked them 13th...I'm glad the coach refused to accept that ranking for his team. I was also happy when he said the coach and players were outplayed...and outcoached for that game.

I never thought we were really good. Now I worry about the rest of the Big Ten schedule. We'll have to see where the coach takes this team this season...and beyond.

18. Darth Tater

Brady Hoke sems like a smart and humble man. He definitely has them going in the right direction. He's the perfect coach for them after Rodriguez.

That game maybe brought U of M back down to Earth, and exposed some weaknesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated the rest of the way. Their schedule is pretty good. The team is spunky, has decent talent, and they have Denard. Regardless, they need to make sure they don't collapse after the MSU game like they have in the past. I don't think Hoke will let that happen.

The MSU game was close, but the better team won. Who knows? That may change by the end of the year (although MSU retains bragging rights) The beat the snot out of Michigan in the trenches and wore them down. Michigan fought hard. The past U of M teams would have given up.

I expect the MSU vs. U of M games to be very close and competitive for years to come. The U of m fans seem to expect the Wolverines to dominate MSU like they did in the old days. Sorry. Ain't happening. Times have changed.

Now is the time to get ready for Wisconsin. They've scored a million points every single game this year.They are going to score quite a few on MSU, regardless of how well the defense plays. However, I do think MSU will slow them down a bit but the MSU offense needs a big game.

19. Nemo

Interesting...the pollsters see Wisconsin as being ranked 4th, with both polls giving Wisconsin this lofty ranking. A lot of the BCS bowl ranking takes into consideration the polls. Interesting to see that Wisconsin is only ranked 6th in the BCS poll. The computer probably noticed what I see. They play MSU next week so you better not place them too high.

Sparty wins Saturday and Darth goes Maize and Blue for the home crowd...:)

20. Darth Tater