U of M 2011-2012 University of Michigan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jun 27, 2011.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wolverines and Lions back to back in the postseason in the Superdome.
  3. G-man

G-man Starter

Spread The Words: Once-Shy Denard Robinson May Be Ready For His Heisman Moment - Jeff Arnold Yahoo Sports

Here was Denard Robinson, a freshman at football-delirious Michigan, with his free-flowing dreadlocks popping out from the back of his helmet and his shoelaces untied.

And here was a problem.

Not a problem with a position change or a coaching change. That would come later. Not a problem with an injury -- like the one this season that was kept secret for months and landed him in the hospital.

No, this problem was quite simple compared to all that: No one could understand a word the guy was saying.
    Robinson was young, unsure of himself, and, according to center David Molk, "a scared little kid who didn't know what to do."
    And this kid wanted to play quarterback? At Michigan? A school known for producing guys that win Super Bowls?

Sure he had the guts. He grew up in a tough section of the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Deerfield Beach, where the realties of life require faith and tenacity. It's not too far from Riviera Beach, where quiet-but-beloved receiver Anthony Carter was raised.

But Anthony Carter could go an entire collegiate career without speaking. Not Robinson. Not if we wanted to win the starter's job.

Yet Robinson, shy by nature and careful with every word spoke nearly as quickly as he ran. His southern drawl -- described by teammates as "Talking Florida" was barely discernable to Molk, who struggled to understand snap counts or checks Robinson made at the line of scrimmage.

Molk knew if this quarterback-center relationship was ever to work -- if Robinson was ever to work -- someone was going to have to slow down.
    "I told him to take out his mouthpiece when he talked," Molk says now, three years later, in a hotel ballroom in New Orleans, where Michigan will play in its first BCS bowl game in five years in Tuesday night’s Sugar Bowl against Virginia Tech.

"I couldn’t understand anything."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye...nard-robinson-may-be-ready-his-heisman-moment
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I have the same problem understanding Cloud when he posts..........
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I told Lame in a text (more later on that) that there will be some cognitive dissonance going on with me tonight.

I don't have anything against any individuals on the team (no dumb A's like Mike the midget" Hart). But you know...the arrogance thing (as i see it) and also the fact that the BCS system is frustrating.

I think Michigan will emerge victorious, fairly easily, against a mediocre Virgina Tech team that, like Michigan, IMO, is there while better teams are not. That is not to say that i don't think Michigan is a pretty good team.

Anyhow, the Big Ten got beat up pretty bad. Only Sparty, Purdue, and Illinois came through so far. So a u of M win makes MSU and the conference look better.

So root against Virgina Tech? I certainly cannot bring myself to root FOR U of m. uggh. The agony. A fellow Sparty said "Could you bring yourself to root for the Dallas Cowboys under any circumstances? It's tough. I have some friends, like fellow forumites, who are U of M fans and i would like them to "get the win". But again...the arrogance.

So on Laimbeer. That guy writes the shortest texts in the world. But then again, I realized today, that his posts are also very brief and to the point. Not to mention the biting sarcasm. His posts are very detailed and lengthy when he breaks down statistics (usually to prove somebody wrong), but otherwise very brief. (Yes, I am expecting, amd maybe even look forward to, a brief sarcastic reply to my text).

By the way, has anyone seen Rascoe? He seems to have wandered off again...
  6. Nemo

Part of the cure is to realize that State no longer is owned by the UM football program.
    Recent events should make you feel much better about how State is going to be viewed.
    My guess is that State will be a Big Ten favorite for next season, if things align for them.
    Wisconsin is losing their starting QB next year and will have to face an angered MSU team.
    I enjoyed all the positive comments about MSU during their victory. Their time has come.
    I expect the UM Bowl game to be close. I feel a win is there, with mistake free football.
    The culture of UM and it's arrogance shouldn't reflect on you, how most UM fans behave.
    Remember....Mike Hart is an assistant coach at Eastern Michigan....His NFL career finished.
    Think of it.........I didn't make you keep your UM Avatar, and I'm an arrogant UM fan...:)
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah Puffer fish, you ARE kind of ignorant arrogant when it comes to U of M football. But it's OK. You can't help it. It comes with the territory. :doener::humble:
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

EPIC defensive battle...

or pure ugliness. I'll pretend that it's just good old D.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wolverines seem to be getting the breaks (penalties, fumbles, deflected balls landing in the center's hands, official challenges, etc.) so far.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like an old fashion Bo Schembechler coached game. Run it twice, get 6 yards and pass it... so far M getting breaks, but unless they can put another TD on the board, this will be a nail biter until the end. Seems like an end around or reverse led by DRob will be the only thing to spring him lose. The defense is going to be run down by the end of the game...
  11. LA Dre

Logan Thomas getting plenty yards on the ground, where as DRob is getting next to nothing...
  12. BillLaimbeer

Going to see a big 2-point PAT coming up here....
  13. Nemo

I stopped watching as I got tired of Michigan giving up on the third and long play while on defense.
    They're playing horrible. I don't recognize the team out on the field. they are playing without emotion.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Wow, Virginia Tech just got screwed out of an amazing TD catch in overtime.
  15. LA Dre

Boy Michigan got all the breaks tonight. Even I wasn't to happy about it, but Hoke trumps the Hokies..
  16. LA Dre

So would you call this a semi controversial win?
  17. BillLaimbeer

Almost all of these games have controversy. LOL. I would be ticked if I was a Hokie fan.

It wasn't always pretty, but the Wolverines prevailed tonight just like the Spartans did yesterday.
  18. Nemo

I don't want the win as a fan of good Michigan football.

This was not a well played game by the team.

The MSU win was much more glorious...................
  19. LA Dre

Just think, Michigan kicking game was so atrocius last year that they went for it on 4th and what ever....Jennings only kicked one FG the whole year, and this year he kicks 3 perfect ones in a bowl game, as well as all of the other games.

Michigan and Michigan state only big 10 teams to win a bowl game today and yesterday....the other four lost. (Purdue and Illinois won their games......last year on 12/27 and 12/31.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I thought that was a good call. Michigan certainly got lucky to win the game though. They caught a lot of breaks, and seemed to just get lucky when it mattered.

David Wilson was a beast. I read some mock drafts with the Lions taking that kid. Seems like a good choice after this game.