U of M 2011-2012 University of Michigan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jun 27, 2011.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The offense could not miss in that first with a good mix of passing by DRob and running by everybody they gave the ball to. Vincent Smith did his best Robinson impersonation throwing, catching and scoring a TD.

Agree that the defense was good, but they didn't really have to do anything extraordinary in stopping the offensively challenged Gophers.

It's safe to say that the Wolves at 5-0 are on the eve of bowl eligible and should go no worst than 8-4 this season and there is no Wisconsin on the schedule to embarrass them.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also the Gophers had to go with a freshman QB. Pretty tough position to be in- big house, no experience, weak protection, down a touchdown before you even touch the ball, etc. That kid must have been freaking out inside.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You've got road challenges against Sparty and Illinois. Maybe at home vs. Nebraska or Ohio State.

At the very worst this team will go 9-3, but they may go undefeated. Get by Sparty and you are 9-0 going into the final three.

Have a nice day.

:hoops:

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Pretty cool year for the big 10 with Mich/MSU/Wisc/Neb/Ill/ all solid. Nice to see OSU come back down to Earth.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

MSU defense put them there....:stirthepot:

6. Nemo

Darth has made a prediction here, [SARCASM]which may[/SARCASM]...or may not come true. :pound:

What is intriguing about this season is that Denard is slowly producing less...and the rest of the players are starting to produce more. We're getting away from being a one man team. This is what Brady Hoke seems to be about. I like what I see so far. Kinda reminding me of the Spartan team...this year and last.

We may win 9 or more games...or come crashing down to earth. Let's hope that Michigan becomes and remains more about team football...........

A successful season with many victories will usually gain momentum for one Heisman candidate anyways...........

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm guessing that he is spinning to Denard as 1) this style reduces chances for injury, and 2) this style increases his chances of getting to the NFL.

8. Nemo

I am hoping that Michigan no longer does spin..........:)

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

No spin version is: "We are using you're athletic ability to make a profit and the only reason we care about your long-term success is to recruit future players to exploit for profit. Now go get em!"

10. Nemo

Possible...I'd like to believe all the money grubbing capitalistic pigs sit in the ADs office...:)

11. Darth Tater

12. Nemo

Since you feel so strongly about Michigan winning this game, then I'll just plan for their demise and be prepared for their loss this weekend. :cold:

How do you feel about the Lions -vs- Da Bears....

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just like a Buckeye alumni to pick against the Wolverines...especially since the Buckeyes program is struggling on and off the field.

This will be the Wolverines first game this season away from the big house so the score could be closer than the last one......but giving up only 10 pts per game on defense is pretty darn good though compared to last year so we shall see if this is a fluke now that they are fully into the league schedule now.

14. Darth Tater

I'm sorry nemo. I am predicting a Lions victory.

15. Darth Tater

Yeah. I think Northwestern is pretty decent, but I think U of m won't have much trouble with them. Northwestern will be lucky to hang with them for the first half.

I always liked to see the Wolverines lose, but I think those days will again be few and far between. I really don't mind them any more. I don't like them but I don't hate them. I don't exactly root for them a little, but I don't revel in their losses either.They've been force fed huge mouthfuls of humble pie lately so without all of that arrogance they are tolerable. It looks like they have a decent squad, a good coach, and about as easy of a schedule as you can get outside of the WAC (Yes, Boise State tops my voodoo list).

16. Darth Tater

17. Nemo

18. Darth Tater

Boise State hasn't played anyone for the last five (5) years and they almost get in the BCS every time. :stirthepot::MusicBigGrin:

Notre dame is decent, although the victory WAS kind of weird. i'm interested to see what kind of team the Wolverines actually DO have this year.

I think they will hammer a fairly decent Northwestern team on the road. if they beat a fairly good Spartan team on the road after that, then with a not very difficult schedule AND a decent (good?) team, AND the U of M brand name...then I think bowl talk will be realistic. However, IF/WHEN you Wolverineers start getting out of hand...just remember...the dark side is not far off...:darthvader::starwars::fight2:

Oh, by the way...I still haven't found Rascoe. :messer: Matter of fact, Coin Jeremy has been scarce too ever since we started our investigation but I'm not giving up searching for clues... I think I will go snoop around the BYU game with San Jose State. It is homecoming and the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime :ranger:Hmmm...:sherlock::sherlock::sherlock: I found a pair of nylon stockings and a half eaten Jumbo Burger near a Wendy's in Windsor, but I know Rascoe would never leave half of a Jumbo burger uneaten plus the stockings were two sizes too small to be his. Still...

19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

20. Darth Tater

You can run but you can't hide...

OK. My prediction (I'm sure it will be accurate as usual)... Northwestern has given up a lot of points to inferior opponents. They can't handle Denard. (I'm probably being much too conservative here).

Michigan 28

Northwestern 14