U of M 2011-2012 University of Michigan Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

So far it's 24-14 at the half...

Unfortunatly, Northwestern is leading....
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Don't sweat it. Michigan overcame a larger deficit vs. Notre Dame.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The play calling seems a little suspect today..and the three picks thrown by DRob have not helped but they have regaind the lead and now need the defense to take over...with almost 18 mins left in the game.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wolverines had it all the way. No sweat.
  5. Nemo

Wow...nice come from behind victory. Nice to see the NW coach go nuclear when his QB ducked and his helmet fell off....:pound: :pound:

Interesting stat...Michigan during the last 36 seasons has always gone to the Rose Bowl whenever they start 6-0...

Before the game...the BCS computer had us ranked 9th in the nation. The first BCS rankings come out after the UM - MSU showdown...

I was at the Northwestern game 10 years ago when we lost the fabled shootout. That game lasted over 4 hours...

I thought this game would be similar to that epic game, until NW decided not to show for the 2nd half...:pound:

Now I'm forced to make a prediction for next weeks clash between UM and MSU...My early look has State winning by 4 points....in a thriller...

Darth...good call. It wasn't as easy as it looked. [STRIKE]We needed the refs for help.[/STRIKE] We used turnovers to our advantage in the 2nd half...:)
  6. LA Dre

Already bowl eligible :) no matter where ever they play this year...
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Michigan seems to be making effective defensive adjustments at halftime this year. The D is the difference between this team and the last few years, even though it is the same athletes.

Giving up 12.5 ppg this year so far compared to more than 35 ppg last year.

In terms of adjusted defense (expected score yielded again an average offensive team, Michigan now ranks 7th in the nation... with MSU effectively tied at 8th). That is an amazing turn around for just having some coaching changes.

And this is what Brady Hoke and Mattison were handed- article form last year:
    They've cause a ton of turnovers so far this year which probably won't be sustainable, but I'm very optimistic that within 4 years when all of their recruits are established, Michigan will once again be known for toughness.
  8. Darth Tater

Predictions for unbeaten teams...I personally, think Michigan will do better...

Rivals.com College Football - Monday with Mike: A look at the unbeatens

BIG TEN
    The teams: Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin
    The buzz: Illinois plays Michigan and Wisconsin, but the Badgers and Wolverines don't meet – at least not in the regular season. Illinois is one of the nation's most intriguing stories, given that its three best players turned pro a year early following last season. QB Nathan Scheelhaase has made strides as a passer, senior WR A.J. Jenkins has become a big-play guy after not doing much of anything earlier in his career and the defense has some playmakers. Illinois (6-0) has played just once on the road, though, and that was against woeful Indiana. The Illini have to play Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin back-to-back-to-back in late October/early November, with the Penn State game on the road. The Illini also have Ohio State this weekend. Michigan's defense has made big strides, but this remains a team whose success depends on QB Denard Robinson. The Wolverines (6-0) play just their second road game of the season this weekend, against Michigan State. The Spartans handed the Wolverines their first loss last season, and you know "little brother" wants to beat up on "big brother" for the fourth season in a row. Michigan also has to travel to Illinois and Iowa and gets Nebraska and Ohio State to finish out the regular season. Wisconsin (5-0) has been even better than expected with QB Russell Wilson, who has provided incredible balance for the offense. The defense isn't elite, but can anyone in the Big Ten take advantage? The Badgers have a tough two-game road trip late this month with Michigan State and Ohio State, then close out the regular season with a road game against Illinois and a home game against Penn State. The Big Ten title game would follow, likely against either Michigan, Michigan State or Nebraska.
    Predicted record for Illinois: 10-2
    Predicted record for Michigan: 9-3
    Predicted record for Wisconsin: 12-0
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pretty sure this is going to be on your epitaph, Dre. :MusicBigGrin:
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Then Nemo's epitaph will read, "The defense was on the field too long."
  11. Darth Tater

12. Nemo

He said, "Michigan is too attractive to pass up"...

I don't see this happenin........

If we somehow get 9 victories...Outback Bowl sounds nice.

If UM goes to the Rose Bowl...I'll be there.............:)

I'm guessing my money is safe..........

Now, if MSU goes...excellent chance of this...Still may go to the game.

I'll see you there, Darth.........:)
  13. LA Dre

I am thinking as long as both Wisconsin and Stanford stay undefeated, the BCS pollsters will play with the numbers and eventually make the Rose Bowl the BCS championship bowl.

At 6-1 and still five games to go, M should get the 9 W's but I am thinking they finish 8-4 and still good enough for the Outback Bowl
  14. Darth Tater

This isn't a knock on MSU but they picked a bad week to play Wisconsin. Sparty ruined their championship hopes last season. Not this time around. Sparty will still be liking themselves after beating U of M. Wisconsin wants revenge on MSU. The Wisconsin offense sure looks awesome so far.

The avatar contest will be decided in two weeks. Not this weekend.
  15. Darth Tater

What 3 additional games do you see them losing? I don't see 4 losses on that schedule...

If Sparty was or real, U of M will lose less than 4 games.. But if Sparty sux and just looked good against a Michigan team that was worse....then they MAYBE lose 4.

Nope, Dre...I just don't see 4 losses. Please point them out. I'll give ou the first one but you name three more...:pound:
  16. Nemo

You're gonna lose this weekend...:pound:
  17. Darth Tater

...May those words go from your lips to God's ears...:)
  18. LA Dre

I hope they win them all, but the games where a possible loss looms is on the road at Illinois and possible home games with the Nebraska and The Ohio State and some of that depends on Robinson's body

The latter because the players will be so geeked that they have legitimate chance of beating the Buckeyes, that some player(s) will create silly penalties and the coaching staff will play it ultra conservative.
    Also heaven forbid Sparty some how or another loses their remaining games:sssh:, the Wolverines could lose 2 more in conference play, finish ahead of MSU and then lose their 4th game of the season in the big 10 championship game:)

Lets Go Blue and finish 11-1
  19. Darth Tater

Yeah, those seem to be the toughest but @ worst I see them @ least winning one of those unless they go straight in the :toilet:

i think you're joking, but I would HOPE MSU wouldn't lost the rest. I'm a pessimist but even I would think they go no worse than 3-3. (Or I am calling them the Philadelphia Spartans).

Wisconsin

@ Nebraska

Minnesota

@ Iowa

Indiana

@ Northwestern

After those first two it seems OK. Hell, they made it through OSU and U of M unscathed.
  20. LA Dre

For U-M...well you got my thoughts on why the 2-3 record as I always use the worst case scenario

So for MSU, I am going with a 4-2 record>>toss up on the first 2 and winning the last 4.

No NBA basketball so we got to keep this forum going as you say with some controversial :stirthepot: discussion sport topics...:MusicBigGrin: .....anyone want to tall about curling or badminton?:sssh: