Lions 2011 Lions ...

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, May 15, 2011.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pistons get a hall-pass for a couple more years. Same for Red Wings. Tigers gotta be something other than one year wonders. Well same for Lions but we're all ecstatic that the Lions aren't still in full blown suck mode.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

They've won ONE playoff game in my entire lifetime.
    ...Maybe this is the year.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Don't get your hopes up BDL, maybe we can take Atlanta.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Obviously it appears that the Lions secondary was just happy to be in the playoffs, as they let the Packer backup QB throw for over 400 yards and 6 TD's. Matt Stafford and his receiving corps did their best to win the game putting up 38 points, but the Defense and some questionable calls by the officials land the Lions in the sixth seed spot and opening round opponent of the Saints, who will undoubtly shred the secondary again. The Falcons are getting the job done in the first half (24-0 vs Tampa Bay), so it appears that they have the # 5 seed wrapped up and can probably advance to the second round with possible easier task taking out the winner of the Cowboys-Giants game.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drew Brees will be going to bed happy tonight knowing that he will get the Lions secondary next weekend.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Also.........this means that Flynn gets a big contract to be the savior of a desperate team for next season
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The Lions can probably obtain Asante Samuel from the Eagles to play corner back nest year. It will cost a 3rd round pick. But he's worth it. But they need help NOW, unfortunately.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

_nest_year...Freudian ?
    Happy to see our passing game work. Tron with back to back 200yd games.
    But Flynn 6td passes !
    Ha, Schwartz was saying he wanted to make Pack one demensional so he could get after the QB. Why so he could lace us with 6 tds ?!
  9. Darth Tater

Typo. I don't understand what you are talking abo...Oh, yeah. Never mind.

Good luck Lions!!! You'll surely need it. Saints will be really tough.
  10. Nemo

Lions are the only team in history with a 5,000 yard passer and a 2,000 yard rusher............cool.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If only we had them both at the same time! Imagine Stafford, Megatron, and Barry making defense look impossible.
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I have faith in Gym Shorts... he'll gettum to make the Breeze blow.
  13. Nemo

Looking forward to seeing the Lions play this Sunday.
    They will be much more competitive this time around against the Saints.
    I remember the Saints losing to the Seahawks in last years first round.
    Lions have all the necessary parts back in the fold for this big game..........
    I do love the "French Connection" of the Saints as they did well in fantasy.

Prediction:

Lions 38

Saints 31
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think Schwartz gets out smarted in the end. It's nice to know we can go toe to toe if necessary. Let the last team with the ball win.
    31-29 fluer de lis
  15. Darth Tater

That's too bad, but they had a fantastic season. I know it's a bummer that they lost. Just a terrible match up. I think most teams were glad to avoid playing them. Other than New Orleans or Green Bay (or stupid Philadelphia if they had made it :cheeky-smiley-012: ) could have beat the Lions, IMO.

Your Running Back LeShoure needs to get healthy.

You need a good Cornerback too. Asante Samuel will certainly be up for sale. The Eagles may ask for a 3rd rounder though.

It's NOT the "same old Lions". They earned respect around the league. However, Suh and Schwartz need to grow up a bit.

Stafford is everything they said he would be. No telling how good he will be next year after the team improves. Loved him on my fantasy team.

Megatron...what can you say?

I'm proud and very happy to be an Eagles fan now for life...but had I known Detroit would finally turn it around, in all honesty, I will admit, I wouldn't have switched alliances. But don't get me wrong...I'm not sorry I switched and will never go back.I'm just saying they have a really good team now. Lots to look forward to now. But don't get any Super Bowl thoughts in your head yet. That is reserved for a certain other team. :nerner:

Thanks for beating Dallas.

Congratulations on a great season Lions!!!
  16. Nemo

Gotta look at the D-side of the football for next season. I just don't think that the players are entirely to blame here. We finished 23rd in the league in overall defense yards surrendered. Stats like interceptions (7th), forced fumbles (5th), and sacks (10th) show promise...........more often than not, we looked like swiss cheese out there.
    We're paying an awful lot to our D-line right now with big contracts........and still need to sign Avril this off-season. I wonder just how effective (or ineffective) Gunther Cunningham was as the coordinator.

Tackling needs to improve........and as much as we'd like to believe our defensive line is a strength, the New York Football Giants had 41 sacks.........just on the D-line, which equals our whole defense. Now those guys really put pressure on the QB against Atlanta. This is concerning cause I was really hoping to draft a stud O-lineman in the first round this next season. Instead, we have to reload on defense......cause those guys just looked terrible at times.

I still would not mind trading Suh........as long as we can sigh Avril.........for a stud O-lineman, top 10 cornerback, or a productive RB................
  17. Darth Tater

You don't want to trade Suh. He just needs to chill a little.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And mature some more over the off season and hope that Fairly and him get some help behind them to make their jobs easier next season.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just want to get back to Tebow real quick and not start a thread on the dude.

He's got the John 3:16 under his eyes for the glare (from the Holy Spirit).

He passes for 316 yards with 31.6 yards per passing attempt.

On the season, the Denver Broncos averaged 316.6 yards of offense per game (I just figured that out myself today and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet).

The Nielson rating for the 4th quarter of the game yesterday was 31.6. "The end of the game drew a 31.6 rating and 46 share nationally for CBS. It was the highest rated National Football League Wild Card Game since 1988."

I'm not into numerology, but holy crap is this weird.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

NF'nW
    No one saw faith winning yesterday. I listen to SiriusRadio all day (driving) no talking head even sniffed TebowTime ! We knew Bronco D could keep it close but no one saw them scoring.
    I have one team left in the money at Fox Sports Fantasy. I got Tebowed.