2012-13 Michigan Wolverines Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by LA Dre, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Michigan wins by one point. Cheering for them has become a Trey of life......

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Trey saves the Wolverines from themselves. Michigan destroyed on the boards as usual. I think State wins on a neutral court. No-shows like Hardaway and Robinson put tons of pressure on Burke to produce. UM absolutely has to get much better front-court play. Spartans didn't have their "A" game at all today (shot less than 40% from the field), but they hung around and came pretty close to stealing one at Crisler.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Trey saved the day with the those two steals in the last 20 seconds, but his over dribbling and missed reversed layups down the stretch got them in trouble to begin with. The home court is really doing it for the Wolverines ..17-0...Now they got Purdue on the road and the Hoosiers at home next Sunday...Will get a guaranteed # 2 seed win with W's over those two. .They probably need to win the big 10 championship for a # 1 seed. MSU will need to do the same.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Only got to watch the last minute. Critical missed FT's by both teams. MSU really should have been able to get a shot off.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

MSU was in trouble on that last shot even if he didn't steal it. That's why they gambled with such a bad pass.

7. LA Dre

Michigan has given up the winning shot a couple of times in the past three years. You have to wonder if Izzo had let his team play it out after McGary missed the front end of the one and one, would the M defense had allowed the Spartans to dribble it down and go for the winner instead of calling the TO with 4.9 seconds left. I think there was 9 seconds left after the miss and everybody in America figured that the Spartans were going to go down and drain a dagger GW.

8. LA Dre

Nice comeback the Wolverines who erased a 12 point deficit with about 12 mins left in the game and win on the road vs Purdue 80-75. Trey Burke once again showed why he is one of the premier players in the country, scoring 10 of the Wolverines last 16 points, including clutch FT's when it appeared that the Boilermakers would never go away.

Finally after going 0-4 on the road in February the Wolves get their first road win since they beat the Illini in Champaign in January.

Now it's all down to one game vs IU at home Sunday to see if they get a share of the regular season big 10 crown.

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Before I get to Big Ten basketball i need to vent. So I'm talking to this stupid beotch, Well she is actually a nice lady when it comes to anything other than Boise State sports. But she tells me how well the Boise State basketball team is doing this year. I was like really? Are they going to be going to the 64 dance? She said maybe they are a bubble team. They are doing pretty good but there is no way they get in that tournament. They are so disillusioned. She told me that the conference they were in is the second best In the nation. She said she found it hard to believe herself but they sure are. That is quite Boise State may not make it. But she hears Michigan State is doing well themselves. When she told me about Moisies conference my jaw dropped. I nicely said there is no way. But she was insistent. And shook her head Maybe she meant the Big East. But they don't play there. Yup she said a couple of teams were ranked and they were number two. Oh they are number two alright but not in the rankings. Ignorant. Just downright ignorant And it comes to Boise State.

I went to a Halloween party Around two years ago and this stupid a hole Wanted to fight me when he thought I was belittling Boise State for losing to Michigan State. And I really was not. I'm kind of sorry we didn't Fight but really I am in no condition to do so and it is just stupid. But two years prior I would've kicked his butt, And probably would have, LOL. I was thinking I will own your business take a shot at me, But I deescalated it since I knew it was so stupid. Uh

But I digress.

I think Michigan may make it To the Sweet 16 but no further. They just don't seem to be playing well latelyat this time. year, I am not sure Michigan State will make it to the Sweet 16. They probably will because of their coach but I don't think they can go further. because they are losing the close ones to good teams.

10. LA Dre

This may be the year when final four only has one or two teams left that are a 1 or 2 seeds. The Big 10 will probably get 7-8 teams left, and it would sweet if all got into the sweet 16, but then they would start playing each other and in the end, only one is left in the final four....probably the Hoosiers....

11. Darth Tater

Yeah, I do see the Hoosiers making it to the final 4, and one other Big Ten team going to the final 8. It's really a fun tournament, especially the first couple rounds.

Who will be the tournament darling? I think Boise State. Haha, just joking of course. I doubt they could even dream of a NIT slot.

I think a team named after someone like George Washington Academy or maybe the George Lopez Institute.It is only fun for me when MSU...or even U of M is in it. or when I fill out a card...

LOl...I absolutely despise it when peoe come to the door trying to sell stuff or convert me so i can find Jesus.Ive been thinking about inviting them inside and pretending to try to do the same to them. Lol. I just chased a couple of old Jehovas Witnesses away. Last week it was Latter Day Saints. Hey, I totally respect all religions except those damned devil worshippers. But at least they don't bother me. Hello...if I wanted to convert I would do it on my own. It is difficult for me to go to the door! I thought word had got around to skip my house or pay the price.they usually do. Dang, I was too nice (at least i didnt slam the door)to these two guys. I actually let them get two entire sentences in, lol!

Ok, just venting.i Apologize in advance for offending anyone. My filters don't work any longer. Again, as long as you don't dance naked while sacrificing or torturing a live cat, you are good with me. I just don't think anyone has it completely right. That would leAve too many other people wrong. Ok...I know mods...to the penalty box. Post deleted or partially censored.

12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Those LDS kids work hard man!
    I always hook 'em up with some complimentary bicycle repair out of my garage and they're always appreciative.

coynejeremy likes this.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The dance is all about guard play these days and Mich has one of the best, so I won't bet against them.... Depends on how the bracket falls out, if they get a good matchup for there first 2 games and get hot... I won't bet against them. I can see alot of Big Ten teams making a serious push once they don't have to play another Big Ten team. Look who the current number one team in the country is and they have a lose to Ill.

14. Darth Tater

Lol, I know. They have no choice in the matter. i got nothing against them personally. They seem like good kids. They're always polite. I'm just getting to be a cranky old geezer like Woody.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, how many Big Ten teams get invited!? 5?,6?, 7? It may depend on the last few gAmes and the Big Ten tournament?

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Having been one of those kids myself 10 years ago, thanks. You are a good person.

This doesn't get you out of our avatar wager, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Darth Tater

Haha, Jeremy. I almost didn't write the post because I didn't want to offend you. But it's like this:

You know I love and respect you. If you are ever in Boise, I would welcome you and your wonderful family into our home with open arms. I promise to also have a really nice dinner waiting for the lot of you. HOWEVER, if you come knocking on my door trying to convert me I'm going to slam that door in your face whether your nose is in it or not. LMAO. Just kidding...kind of. :)

ALSO: I'm sure you had a choice comment in invisible yellow (of course I noticed the gap below the " good person" joke, but you guys are wasting it on me because I can't get it to show up on my iphone. So you gotta just say it. I know I'm missing good stuff.

coynejeremy likes this.
  17. coynejeremy

I lol'd. :)

Nah, no secret message this time. Just a dramatic pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You guys ride around on some pretty broke-ass bicycles.
    Last summer there was a couple dudes working my hood on these klunkers. I waved 'em over to my driveway and one kid's bike was squeeking like Gilbert Gottfried. ...Thing sounded terrible.

I asked him, "Dude, how you gonna sneak up on people and spread the good word of Joseph Smith on P-O-S like that? Heathens like me can hear you guys comin from a mile away!"
    They both laughed. I busted out some tools, some TriFlow and my air compressor and set 'em straight.

detteam, Darth Tater and coynejeremy like this.
  19. coynejeremy

:pound:

20. Darth Tater

Lmao.

True story. I'm such an idiot. I was seeing these dudes on said black rickety 1967 fender bikes for the 1st three years we lived in Idaho. One seemed always to have on his glasses. One day, sometime in the 3rd year or so, while driving home from dinner out with the family, I saw these two guys riding.

Darth:: look at those two guys on bikes.i see them everywhere all the time all over town on those old bikes.rain or shine they are riding.

Mrs. Darth: they are Mormons.

Darth: most people around here are.

Mrs. Darth: yeah they are on their missions.

Darth: how long do they have to do it for? I've seen those two since we've lived here. Haven't you noticed?

Mrs Darth: For a summer or something.

Darth: not those two guys. They are out there no matter what the weather is like. All year round. Theyve been trying their
    arses off since we've moved here. They must not be reaching their "quota of recruits"

Mrs Darth: Who? Their what?

Darth: Those two guys. I've probably slammed our door in their faces at least three times. You would think they would cross us off their list to renember us. they are just retracing their steps. Dumb guys. They will be old men before they get enough people to join.

MrsDarth: I wish you would stop being so mean to people who come to our door. M

Darth: I wish YOU would stop buying stuff from everyone ringing our bell.

* an argument ensued.

Darth: well anyhow they need to buy new bikes. Maybe those two are poor. They need to get jobs.they must be sick of riding those for at least three years.

Mrs. Darth: huh, what??

Their parents should buy them new bikes for Christmas. Or don't they celebrate it?

Mrs. Darth: huh? Uhmm... It's not like they are the same two guys.

* by now kids in backseat are cracking up although Im not sure why?

Darth: of course they are. Look. Same old bikes. Ties. The one used to have glasses. He must have got new contact lenses. What? Do you think more than two guys would ride around the city in suits on crappy bikes with those dopey helmets? M

* kids in peanut gallery can't catch their breath they are laughing so hard.

Mrs. Darth: I told you they were on their missions!!

Darth:Yeah right. Looks like Mission Impossible. You really need to be more observant.

*Mrs.Darth now in hysterics as we pull up in the driveway. Conversation over..for now...

But I kid you not, every time over the next couple of years when we saw them we would have similar discussions until One summer I noticed that we saw them again about 12 miles down the road about fiftleem miles down the road a few miutes after sering them the first time that day.

Darth: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dumb Dunb Dumb!!!

I guess Green Acres really IS the place for me. :)

detteam and coynejeremy like this.