1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2012-2013 Michigan State Spartans Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Apr 12, 2012.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

To be honest as a Mich fan I won't shed a tear over it... Locked into the ND game series limited the chance to play upper level teams in a non conference schedule. Hopefully now we can have some nice home and home games with schools from outside our region.

The game really did nothing for recruiting, and would like more games like the Alabama game... (home and home though with us able to compete better... lol)

As a BigTen fan... I wish we would all drop them, they want to pick and choice who to play for close games then pick there west coast games for recruiting, and now there conference tie in for bowl reasons.... We owe them nothing as a league... move on I say... :D

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The other teams in the Big Ten are probably laughing their butts off at Michigan getting excluded. Times are changing and I don't think Michigan ever did Any favors for them when Michigan was in the one getting invited to the dances. And who knows if Notre Dame's move wasn't to pay Michigan back for something. No, I think this is a case of The bully getting bullied. This was a pretty big slap in the face To Michigan and I think That even if the fans say it is no big deal I think it is a very big deal to the school officials.

Good luck getting a home and home with Alabama. Right now if Alabama plays Michigan it will just be One of those
    Blood money games Where Michigan goes to Alabama And gets their butt kicked For money. Games like where Michigan plays Massachusetts every year In Ann Arbor but they never go to Massachusetts. Just an easy win like the Appalacian State game. Oops!

LOL. Of course I don't like Michigan and I'm biased. But I really don't care what they do now. These days the Wisconsin game are the big ones. You know, like the Ohio State game was to Michigan. They didn't worry about Michigan State. If people don't care about the Notre Dame game then which games do they care about? But don't get me wrong. I don't think Notre Dame Is such a big deal. I don't get the whole Notre Dame thing. That was all hit ancient history And times have changed.

This is all pretty funny to the rest of the collegiate football world. But if Notre Dame Chooses to do the same two on us then It will be a concern. But they have not. At least yet.

3. Darth Tater

My prediction of 17-16 was exact. Except I had the right numbers with the wrong teams.

The rule of thumb was that it takes 18 points to beat Michigan State. But I guess 17 points is all it took. I will say it again...THIS OFFENSE SUCKS! They will score some Kool Aid points now And then but will they even make it to bowl eligibility? They need 3 of the next 7. it will be close. Pathetic. The opposition has absolutely no respect for the passing game so Bell gets stifled running.

So right now just hope the defense gets MSU a Pizza bowl invitation as if it matters.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

MSU looked like the better team to me in this one. The big plays just didn't go their way and it's a shame they didn't get one last chance at the end.

5. Darth Tater

MSU offense "EXPLODES" on the road:

MSU 24

IU. 20

LOL!

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, anyone see Bell just hurdle that Indiana guy? If not, watch Sports Center top 10. Awesome. Sparty finally woke up. Better late than never.

7. Darth Tater

That was pretty scary. But they got the win and now They only need two more for the pizza bowl. :)

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We may have had a different game if the Hoosiers had got the TD instead of settling for the FG after grabbing that on side kick. I didn't see the second half.....the Spartan defense must have really stepped up!

9. max

max All-Star

How can you not care - you are the one who keeps talking about Michigan - lol.

Like I stated in the other posts the State - Dame rivalry is more established and historical than Michigan's. There have been more years that Michigan has not played Dame than have played them. Whereas, Dame and State have only missed one game back in the 50's or something.

Going to be an interesting Michigan-State game in 2 weeks. Looks like the Pendulum is starting to swing back in Michigan's favor. I would be very surprised if State beats them.

10. Darth Tater

I really don't care about Michigan, as I stated. I used to REALLY want to see them lose. But now that State has beaten them down for so many consecutive years, and Michigan was so pathetic for most of those, I felt sorry for you guys, and even rooted for Michigan a tiny bit.

I bring Michigan up because I just enjoy messing with people ion the forum. Stirring the pot is fun. But I usually only do it when Michigan is doing ok, because as I said I felt sorry for those guys who were crying or just disappeared.

The pendulum... Michigan State easily could have lost to Eastern. I would not be surprised in the least if Michigan stomped them in Ann Arbor. I was serious about the Pizza bowl. MSU has shown us nothing this year. So a mediocre Michigan could easily beAt them, I think. Indiana sucks and they almost humiliated them. The Big Ten looks weak.

11. max

max All-Star

How confident are you this year?

Loser has to wear the other schools avatar for a week? I know I don't seem like a big fan but I did go to school there so it would be hard for me to have an MSU avatar for a week. Let me know.

12. Darth Tater

The game is in Ann Arbor. Michigan State sucks right now. I've been saying that for weeks but people are calling me chicken Little. They have given me no reason to believe That they will win any of the remaining games On the schedule. I think they will win a couple of them But I have no clue as to which ones those are.

The avatar is really no big deal to me. I would wear a Michigan one. But it is no sense betting On a team that i think will lose.t I don't think They can turn the light switch on and off And still win big games.

I don't know what you want me to say. I think Michigan State is lousy. I think Michigan is mediocre. Michigan has Home field. They want the win more than the Spartans do, I think. The magic number to beat Michigan State is generally 18. If U askedme this minute I would say:

Michigan 31

Michigan State 14

But my opinion is subject to change later.

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just accept his friendly wager, drath!

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

That's either the 3rd or 4th time he's done that this season...amazing for a guy his size.

The O-line has not been doing him any favors. Roushar has to find a way to get him in the open field more, either running or receiving. Burbridge had a breakout day today. Hopefully his play gets Bell more space in coming weeks

15. Darth Tater

Ok Bill. The bet is a loser.

But I will accept it under one condition:

I will wear the U of M avatar for one week when I lose. Max wears Michigan State for one week if I win. HOWEVER IF I win you also wear the MSU logo. I know you root for both teams so no big deal. But if I lose you must wear some foo foo girlie ballerina avatar.

The ball is in your court. Let us know...

16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I propose this one:
    [​IMG]

17. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Looks like a Tarkay to me Coyne...........you just chose one with more cleavage........:)

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know art. I just think it looks ridiculous.

19. max

max All-Star

That's ok, I will pass on that one. Kind of tempted to spot you a few points but I will have to see what the line is. Things is wasn't State ranked higher before week 1? So the talent is there. Plus State always seems to try harder for the Michigan game.

20. Darth Tater

Mac, why are you passing? Didn't you propose the deal, all I changed was that K
    Lame wears a dress. That IS a scary thought.

Yeah. They were ranked higher But the people ranking the teams are just Expressing their own opinions. Apparently they misjudged Michigan State's talent. At least it looks that way today.

They Should be Iowa I would hope. But then they go to Ann Arbor, And play Nebraska and Wisconsin too. So I will say they get two of those four. Iowa and Wisconsin is my guess. I don't think they are good enough to beat Nebraska and they will not win in Ann Arbor. Maybe they will Surprise me. In a good way.

Looking at the schedules I think Michigan State will win seven or eight games. I think Michigan will win eight or nine games.