1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2013/2014 NBA Trades, Signings, FA, and other Happenings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 20, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

None of those guys at this point...although I am sure the Crawford family would love it if their son was playing at home in motown.. He could be a back up for Jennings, as opposed to Billups and Bynum....but his fg% is a lot to be desired.

With our low 3pg%, we need somebody who can shoot from beyond the perimeter and not be out there as defensive liability.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By the way Andre Miller is on the outs with Bryan Shaw in Denver....trade Bynum & change for Dre2 and retire Billups to player coach? Siva still gets some pt too

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Sorry I don't mean to tail-end on your reply, but I can't seem to understand how a UI (this software) cannot make obvious a new thread while staying within this section.

No matter. Now, concerning a trading option. There might be a huge agreement from most forum members, that the Piston hole is so deep, that waving a magic-wand over this season will not gain a huge plus factor matching our beginning season expectations. Struggling to get at .500 is not creating much excitement. How to begin? For me, small, incremental movement makes for wiser decision making. This does not necessarily mean that seeing a huge hole (like the SF position) is axiomatic in trading immediately for the right fit, for the right person, especially when date deadlines panic fans (and sometimes GMs). Let us assume that we have many large holes to fill on the club. Knowing this, let me assume that if the right position presents itself, then start with a catalyst within the middle that relieves some pressure (up and down within the starting order) and makes things happen. Also, do not assume that a potential monster force (Drummond) will be such a commanding presence that this position is highly stable (it really isn't). I would assume that a prudent GM has all sorts of staff making up possible scenarios asking: what if this happens? I also would assume that a contingency plan might have been developed between those administrative leaders and the ground person, called the head coach. And let us not get too cheeky about this. In the right organization this does happen and even the owner might have some opinions.

I propose this trade: NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

The Panda likes this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure if I like that or I hate it.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Who would've thought that someone with such a small suitcase could leave a hole so big.

I *think* I like your trade scenario. The only thing is if we go that route, we'd need to look to unload Bynum and/or Stuckey as the next step.

7. dba

Bynum, please. Stuckey is starting to grow on me.

roscoe36 and Susie914 like this.
  8. dba

Kind of like a weird uncle who moves into your spare room when you're ten but turns out to be weird in somewhat interesting ways.

S.J., Walter and linwood like this.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have mailed and private messaged you about helping accomplish what you're trying to do here. You have not replied.

I'd love to help, but I don't understand plainly exactly what the problem is. I am 99% certai that it's a simple communication issue, and not a problem with the software.

10. pass99

OK, say that I have read your above post before I hit reply, which has a mini navigation button at bottom right with Like and Reply.
    I don't want to reply toward the specifics of the message, but it gives me an idea to start a new thread, but to remain in this section. I see no other button (easy enough to add a like-minded addition called a New Message next to the Like/Reply), or even a right click (one the greatest navigation keys that MS gave software) that could be tailored to this program. Nope, nothing available...now what?

11. roscoe36

Never seen that on a forum before. Right click in a web browser isn't controlled by the webpage, it's controlled by the browser itself.

[​IMG]

Click on Pistons and NBA and then click

[​IMG]

12. pass99

13. pass99

14. pass99

If it is not built into the particular software programing (HTML) then it can not be shown. Forget, the complicated issue of right-clicking, but merely creating an active button can do the trick. In short, I hate bouncing around (in and out) of a program.
    Also, why is there not a menu item that makes available (place jpeg format here), that has certain limitations of course, made available?

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

pass, how many threads do you intend to create using this new button you are imagining? It just seems like something that wouldn't get much use.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I understand what Pass is asking for. I agree that it would be kind of nice to create a new thread while you are in a thread. It's basically just saving you one click. Currently, you just scroll up and click on the category (i.e., Pistons and NBA) and then click on the New Thread button.

17. roscoe36

We get maybe 1 new thread here a day. Sometimes two. I am loathe to add boilerplate to the UI on the small chance that the new thread made daily is inspired in another thread by some other post.

Might I suggest, you add a bookmark to the new thread link (for Pistons posts) to your browser.

http://pistonsforum.com/forums/pistons-and-nba.4/create-thread

Then you can create a thread anytime you are inspired, regardless of where you are on the internet at the time.

There is.

[​IMG]

18. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This forum is probably the last thing in my life where I would try to save 2 seconds. Think of all the other things you do during your day that waste time. I'd start there.

linwood likes this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but just think if you used that button, say, like 3 times. That would save you, like 6 seconds or so.

coynejeremy likes this.
  20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The only person who could possibly benefit from such a button would be Blue Adams.