1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2013/2014 NBA Trades, Signings, FA, and other Happenings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Flip did pretty well to get 2 overall #1 picks and an additional 1st rounder for a guy who wasn't going to play there anyway.

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Maybe we hired the wrong guy for our dual role.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. max

max All-Star

yes

I guess Clev did not have the time to wait for Wiggens to develop as James can opt out after the season.

And here we have this steller max contract guy in Monroe and they probably did not even ask about him.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. BallDon'tLie

No.
    We needed K-Love to make that deal happen, not Flip.

del and roscoe36 like this.
  5. max

max All-Star

Remember Wally Pipp

6. junior

junior Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Minnesota is adjusting well to Love leaving...

7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Well, for sure...there are droppings everywhere.
    Adulation is some sort of mental high, that few mortals understand in the common-life workings. Media stars reach rich such heights that all become to think like gods and the fix becomes ingrained.
    Only agents have the first opportunity (they are the first important gatekeeper) and then the sycophant friends gain certain perceptions that can mark them at the very least, associations along the glittered highway.
    I begin to wonder, if Love has a certain clause within his developing 5 year association, that might be directly proportional to LBJ's stay in Cleveland. You know, I would. Would you?

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Miami got waaaaaay more than they deserved. Worst fans in the NBA.

BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I took the sign from another point of view, I still don't think he would have ever won the title in Cleveland... he went to Miami and while he did the bulk of the work, I think Wade taught him how to be a champion, so its Miami that got him his titles.... The least he could have done on his way out the door is thank them for the 2 rings.

Nemo likes this.
  10. junior

junior Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wade had already brought Miami a championship, basically on his own, a couple years previous to Lebron coming to town. It wasn't Miami whose legacy was going to be tarnished if they didn't get a ring. It was Lebron. Sure, he might bring one back to Cleveland one day. But, if he never would have left Cleveland, they never would have gotten those top picks in the draft by sucking so much with Lebron gone. That means no Kyrie, no Waiters, no Wiggins and Bennett to offer T-Wolves for Love. They would have been working to be slightly above-average, but never making it over the hump the rest of his career.

I think the billboard is spot on. Pat Riley already had Wade. Having not one, but two superstars, convinced Bosh and many role players to come to town. Miami brought Lebron these championships, just like San Antonio worked together to bring Duncan his many championships.

round likes this.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lebron, wade, and bosh brought them the ships. Lebron just has a bad PR sense and didn't think to thank them on the way out. He's a little tone deaf.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. BallDon'tLie

Riley got LeBron two rings.
    Wade is nothing but a complimentary player. ...a 2nd fiddle.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Dan Le Batard is primarily responsible. Which is why it makes complete sense for him to take out the billboard.

junior and roscoe36 like this.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Bowser could have set this up just as well as Riley. Wade brought LeBron to Miami and the rest followed him. Maybe the sign should thank Wade for letting LeBron carry him to two more rings.

Nemo, LA Dre and BallDon'tLie like this.
  15. pass99

Once I lived as God, and more is not needed.

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

not so sure about that. Bosh is an underrated defender and while he is not much of a shotblocker, he's definetely way better at protecting the paint than Kevin Love. Basically, any decent big can cause them more problems than Hibbert did in last year's playoffs.

roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

More examination of our 3 bigs playing together. On Friday, November 8, 2013, Oklahoma beat us to put us at 2-3 on the season. Not much evidence here really that our 3 bigs were not working together. Yes, Durant did score 37 points, but only part of that was against Smith, since between Datome and Singler, the two played a ton at small forward. Anyway, Smith had a 25 / 8 game and was even for the game. Monroe was plus 6 with a great 20 / 15 game. Drummond stunk it up in this one for the most part, only getting 4 points and 3 rebounds in a foul plagued 23 minutes. But of note, Perkins was held to zero points and just 3 rebounds. Again, not a lot of evidence that the our 3 bigs, Drummond, Monroe, and Smith, could not play on the floor at the same time. Both of our post players scored well, while there center was shut out.

What problems did we have? Pope barely played, just 7 minutes. Billups started this game, making one shot. He was positive for the game, plus 14, but by the boxscore, he was nothing but a drain on the starting unit. Bynum came off the bench at point, no assists, minus 13 in his 13 minutes. Worse, Datome was minus 18 in 12 minutes, and far worse yet, JJ played 4 minutes at PF, where he can not play at all, and was minus 10.

Stuckey had a fine game offensively, 17 points, but was well minus for the game. Jennings was plus 4, with a nice 22 / 11 game.

Anyone asking me what we should have done in this game - Billups should not have been signed. Bynum should not be on the team. Datome should not be on the team. JJ should never play power forward.

Changing who starts on our front line. Not even a thought.

Going into next season - nobody should be running our point, ever, except Jennings and Augustin. And there you have it, two problems gone, no more Bynum nor Billups mucking things up.

Going into next season, the only guys we should see at shooting guard are Pope and Meeks.

Going into next season there is still a potential problem at small forward. The new coach could repeat the mistakes of last year, using Singler a lot there. With who we have on the team right now, I believe JJ would be a better choice as the backup small forward. More rebounding and defense in the middle with JJ in vs. Singler, and JJ consistently showed us its he who can knock down the outside shot. Of course, Martin will get a shot at time there too.

Datame? Cut the guy already.

Oh, and one last thing, yes, I would still try using Mitchell as the main guy off the bench up front. This includes having him sub directly for Smith at small forward. And when Mitchell comes in for Monroe directly, giving us a front line of Mitchell, Smith, and Drummond, that will be a true no fly zone reincarnated.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lee wants to cut the guy who barely played, I have truly seen everything.

19. pass99

But, he does have some insightful points.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the flip side, it would give us a "no we can't make a basket zone," as Mitchell and Drummond would clog up the inside forcing Smith to jack up ill-fated threes.

roscoe36 likes this.