2013/2014 Pistons news and Happenings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 24, 2013.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like the Nets have gone deep into serious scrubville lineup.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Harrellson sends Plumlee to line. Makes 2-2. 92-83 us. Mitchell passes to Plumlee. They miss. Loose ball foul on Mitchell. I jinxed the guy. Oops. 1-2. Singler throws it away, but they travel. JJ misses. KCP steals. Singler makes wild hook shot. They miss. Harrellson bounds. KCP is doing everything right, but shooting the ball from the outside. He misses a step back. Teletovich hits 3. 94-87. 3 minutes to go. TO. Forbes misses. Pope gets rebound after Harrellson fights for it. Harrellson hits a 3.
    linwood likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Mitchell strips it, but they keep it. They miss. They bound it though. They miss. They rebound. They miss. Mitchell boards. Singler hits. Last minute. I still think MItchell needs one more bound for a double double. Nope, he already has 10 bounds. Yeah, I think we are going to like this guy.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

99-88 Pistons. They made 1-2. Siva carries. Harrellson bounds. End of game.
  5. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

So in 46 (preseason) minutes against Miami and Brooklyn, Drummond had 32 points and 17 boards, and went 8-10 from the stripe. Yay.
    Walter likes this.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking that Lee could just start making up names while I was reading his play by play.

I bet the troops are happy tonight.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
    BillLaimbeer and linwood like this.
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Maybe he had help from others fighting for the roster spots
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm really hoping Mitchell has a chance to bust out this year. If we play athletic freak ball that is ignited by our defense, seems like he could be added to the mix pretty easily.

Brooklyn is absolutely stacked btw. Kirelenko really came back last year and played effectively all around. He's probably a 6th man for them this year. Will be interesting to see if they come together.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mitchell = Amir?
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I wasn't able to catch the game this evening, as I had some prior obligations with the Troops. I think I speak for everyone when I express how much I appreciate this. This sort of play by play truly captures the waning minutes of a preseason game. Tough position for Kentavious, trying to show the professionalism of a number 8 pick while playing with the Keystone Cops.

Good Luck young fella!

Thanks for the play-by-play Lee.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Give Chaz and JJ:s minutes to Tony Mitchell (6-8). Is there anything Chaz does better than Jorts?
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Though there may be similarities, the one thing that puts Mitchell above Amir is the fact that Mitchell is an above the rim player. The term they keep using, freakish, to describe his athleticism. Amir is very athletic indeed, but not on Mitchells level.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I see from the boxscore that a statistical anomaly took place. Bynum was actually plus for a game. Just one point, but still quite a rarity for him.

I know his stats look good. Eleven assists, one turn. But the team had 23 turns. As the starting point, he is suppose to be organizing things out there. Instead, in my opinion, his play disorganizes the team. What I have noticed, that even after Bynum leaves the floor, the team generally stays disorganized for quite a stretch before they get over having had a point guard in the game without a clue.

What I have seen so far, any of our points can get it to our bigs. Jennings I imagine is going to rack up some awesome assist numbers this season. The trick is, to score more points than the other team. That is something that Bynum seldom manages to do.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

More comments on the boxscore. We outrebounded them mightily. 41- 28. Following up an even more lopsided rebounding battle the night before.

Pope, our plus leader for the game at plus 16, pulled down 7 rebounds, giving him 20 so far for the preseason in 3 games. He played small forward the one game, but still thats a lot of rebounds.

Want to mention JJ, who got 12 and 12 the game before, as I mention Mitchell did a 10 / 10 last night. The difference is that JJ is doing this with a lot of experience - Mitchell has no NBA experience, just the ability to play up and over the rest of the guys out on the floor.

And of our starters, only Singler hit a triple.

Spoiler alert. About to say something that could be construed as being positive about Bymum. Must be too much coffee this morning I guess. Anyway, I note that 10 or our turns were from Smith and Monroe. So the ball is getting to our bigs. And since we won the paint battle totally and completely, somebody is doing something right.
    Nemo and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Mitchell is 6'10 which gives him the size to play upfront. Amir always had to overcome being a tweener.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

I have started to get a picture of what the Pistons will look like this season and it is making me look forward to the season.

I just hope Jennings tooth ache heals by the playoffs.
    linwood likes this.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Why is it that we always read or hear of Drummond working with Sheed and not Mr. Mopey, Greg Monroe?

("Me, personally (one of the worst defenders in the L mind you), I don’t have that problem communicating[​IMG] on the floor, but he’s trying to get the younger guys and everyone else talking.”

From The Detroit News: Pistons players communicating key to Maurice Cheeks' blueprint | The Detroit News)