2013/2014 Pistons news and Happenings

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 24, 2013.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, overall the content wasn't bad, but bad grammar stands out to me like a sore thumb. I also didn't like his quotes that I don't think were really verbatim quotes.

linwood likes this.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There has been a lot of nice content on NBA.com on the Pistons site. I don't even bother with the news sites in Detroit any more.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Mr. Big Head is back!!'

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, thanks, to many of you. For your likes. I am not use to this format yet I guess, and never really pay attention to them. But I just took time to read everyone of them. It was fun to read comments dating a couple years back, a nice trip down memory lane. Once more, my sincere thanks, and I guess from now on I will be a bit more aware of the like button and hit it more often. I surely love reading about the Pistons, and really value people who take time to post their thought here. From now on, I will try to do more on my part to encourage that participation I benefit so much from.

At the moment I am on pins and needles waiting for any news from camp, and extremely impatient to see the season start. Best thing I read today is new coach plans to use Drummond without limits. That has got to be a good thing. This fact by the way means less time for Smith at power forward. Cause I sincerely doubt Monroe will play any less than Drummond. And again, it might turn out to be a good thing, as Smith might

1)last longer (and keep a higher energy level) as a small forward since he will not be in constant shoving matches with players his own size - instead he will be the guy picking on smaller players.) I am not worried about any lack of foot speed as a small forward nor am worried that chasing small forwards all the time will prove too tiring - as I believe our defense will quite solid enough to do the rotating needed to keep Smith from having to run excessively.

2) Go to the post a lot more. Again, he will be picking on smaller players. Remember Corliss. Us fans loved watching him beat up on smaller / weaker opponents. Smith will do this well, while having way more to give on the defensive end in every aspect as compared to Corliss.

3) Mean another fine passer in for us to feed alley oop dunks to Monroe and, obviously, especially Drummond. Right from the opening tip.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    roscoe36, coynejeremy and mikhail1973 like this.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I agree with you lee, Mitchell can be a bright spot (if he can curtail all of the 'focus issues' and act like a pro).
    I won't go far enough to say that he'll be a "major part of our rotation" this year but I'm hopeful that he gets some run as a 3rd PF by year's end.

We have one of the stongest front courts in the league. Let's not pretend that Mitchell should get "major" minutes yet ok? He's an amazing athlete with a lot of growing up to do.
    The season's too long to have to skim over a paragraph or two of "Tony baloney" in every one of your leecaps.
    I enjoy reading your leecaps. Please don't ruin 'em for me.

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

8. tnt1960

tnt1960 Bench Warmer

9. tnt1960

tnt1960 Bench Warmer

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Your team can't run if Billups is on the floor. Whatever uptempo game he had, it's probably not there anymore.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't the Pistons will ever be up-tempo.

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I dunno, I think maybe it can. You don't need all 5 guys to run a fast break. Using our 'starters' as an example, say Moose gets the rebound, he outlets to Billups at midcourt who fires another pass to a streaking Jennings with Smith running a wing lane and Drummond trailing ahead of his own man. That's 3 finishing options there. CB was never very good at running fast breaks anyway, even in his athletic prime.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't see Billups making that pass. Maybe it's just me.

14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Show Time had an anchor playing with them.... Kareem didn't slow them down much.... its a mindset to go, and thats never been Chauncey's mindset. The rest of the kids though I think can run and run well....

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nice reads. But. Watch those projections from short minutes. I think the guy is a bit math challenged. If anyone put up some of those numbers in short minutes, they would be getting a lot more minutes. No, Bynum was never a lock down defender. Ever. I do like that the author thinks we should trade Bynum away though. Something new, the author says Datome is not very athletic, which is different from what I read before on him. Could be a word choice thing. Maybe not athletic with the ball around the hoop, but otherwise athletic - like for defense and rebounding. I guess we will see. Also, I certainly hope that the shooting guard position is not wide open, but that instead Pope is the first choice of the coach there.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

To some extent, you are remembering, I am guessing, how bad the Pistons were on fast breaks with Hamilton paired with Billups in the backcourt. However, a lot of that was Hamilton being lost on what to do on a fast break. Again, just a guess, but I think your memory is selling Billups a bit short.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Billups isn't a run-n-gun kind of guy. He likes to walk it up, dribble a few times, and then run the show. That's just his nature.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, I basically forgot that Singler was on the team.

We have some pretty decent role players that won't see much real playing time this year. Good problem to have.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Billups can fit with the Pistons at the 2. He will keep the pace fast there by shooting.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.