Lions 2013---Detroit Lion

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Jan 8, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure if I have ever attended a game where the fans booed the home team...I watched yesterdays game at a sports bar, so didn't hear any boos., let alone the commentary from the announcers. I am watching the tape from yesterdays game on my DVR and Stafford has just thrown the game tying pick six and the fans are booing the offense as they retake the field. That booing was probably for Stafford and the offensive players as the frustration level of knowing that the end of the season might be near. I mean can you imagine that up to the INT, the Lions defense held the Giants offense to 8 yards and no first downs in the second half and the game is now tied..............I wasn't booing ...I was cursing...
    brofmfa and Darth Tater like this.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I wonder who the next coach will be. A retread? College coach? Maybe someone's offensive or defensive coordinator.
    Probably Gruden. Lol

Someone needs to change the culture. Schwartz tried and had the right idea but the wrong approach and a skewed application.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Here is an interesting thought. Wayne Fontes and Larry Brown were born in the same year.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

A pick 6 up 7 late in the game, Matt Shaub could do that.
    Dee played their azz off.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I switched to Verizon---3 times better than Tmobile. Tad more expensive but worth it.
    linwood likes this.
  6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I only saw highlights. Was the pick-6 Stafford threw toward the end of the game totally his fault as it did glance off the receiver's hands? It looked like the receiver really did have to stretch for it, but I remember thinking that it may not have been completely Stafford's fault. Those big deflections are a tad unlucky.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The sad truth is half of these ball players can careless if they win or lose. They collect their fat checks all the same. They will leave Ford Field and get in their Bentley or Range Rover and not have another thought about the loss or the dropped passes, the fumbles or the interceptions the contributed to it. Most of the players don't have a true love of the games they play. They just play because they are good at it and they can collect a fat check.

The Fords will probably make excuses and not fired the coach all to save money. I can't believe this coach makes 6 million a season. Why was he made one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL? All it takes is mediocre results to impress this ownership. In an article today it said that the GM wanted to let Schartz go last year and the Fords stepped in said no. They need to stop meddling and let the GM run the team. That's why no respectable coach will come here.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was a catchable ball for sure, but as with many of Stafford's passes, he made it a more difficult catch than it needed to be. He has very little/no touch on his passes. Everything is 100 miles per hour and usually off target forcing players to reach back (losing momentum, negating YAC) or reach out (risking injury or deflections).
    TheeTFD likes this.
  9. LA Dre

Kind a wish that Stafford had enough mobility and presence of mind to run it out and get that extra yard instead rush/throwing a 5 yard pass into the defenders hands. I watched the Giant game...and trying to remember if there any screen passes?? But the O line isn't the best so I am probably reaching here...

IMO, I say let Stafford ride the pine in next weeks meaningless game and let Shaun Hill start with Kellen Moore the backup. That should be Stafford's punishment for throwing 11-12 interceptions in the past 5 games.
    jammertime and TheeTFD like this.
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Dre, there you go being reasonable again. Makes too much sense, which is why a Lions organization won't do it.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Schwartz is still trying to win. In his deranged mind, a big win to finish off he season will give him momentum heading into next year.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I heard if a QB can run for 2 first downs a game the winning percentage is .700 or something crazy.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

if he can go 5-1 against the Division the Lions Org. will leap for joy.
  14. Darth Tater

Every year we make fun predictions while excitedly anticipating the upcoming football but it seems to me that rarely do we follow up on them. Maybe we would just prefer to forget about them, lol.

My garbage search skills turned up nothing but I was interested in finding out who guessed right and who was way off. I wonder if anyone else is interested in finding out who was right :smoke06:and who we get to razz. :boink:

1. What were our predictions on the Lions?

2. What were our predictions on the EAgles? ( on that one I THINK I guessed conservatively in public 6 to 8 wins But I actually REALLY was thinking 7 to 9 games. But I can't prove that.

3. What we guessed on all of the divisions and Super Bowl winner ( I think I picked Denver to win). I remember for sure I thought Detroit would win the division.

4. What we guessed on the Lions and Eagles combined win total was going to be on the over -under (14.5?) I think I correctly took the over.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I predicted 10-6.
    Nemo said 9 wins.
    TFD said 6 wins.
  16. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think I predicted 8-8 or 9-7 for the Lions. I never thought they were Super Bowl material, and were, at best,
    a one and done playoff team. Schwartz, Linehan, and Gunther are all conservative play callers. They try to keep
    it plain vanilla as long as possible and only open it up in the fourth quarter when they are way behind. Never blitz
    unless way behind, same repetitive offense, and keep your bullets in your pocket until the birds are gone. If they bring
    those guys back next year, I'm going on the record now for nothing better than 9-7 at the best!
    linwood likes this.
  17. LA Dre

The Lions were 6-3 when me and TaS posted these comments on 11/11/13.......We just assumed to much then I guess.....:gaah::frown::confused:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Never underestimate the ability of the lions to blow it! Rogers and cutler both out for the strength run and we still couldn't do it.
    linwood likes this.
  19. LA Dre

That's the epic fail of this whole situation....The Lions had the healthy QB for all 15 games played this season, yet the two teams with wounded QB's are playing for the division crown. :gaah:Have to wonder if Stafford would have gone down if we would have survived and held on for the crown?? I mean maybe the same handful of fumbles but Hill possibly only a throwing a third of the interceptions that were thrown by Stafford. I am only thinking what some of the Lions players are secretly thinking as they wrap gifts for their kids................
  20. Darth Tater

The only common factor over the last 50 years is the owner. He needs to show his face more. Not like Jerry Jpnes of the cowboys but like many of the other owners. That non committed non caring attitude must have SOME negative effect on the players attitudes.

Look, we saw that he kept Russ Thomas on staff for years and then Matt Millen. He let's his personal relations get in the way of business decosions. He's admitted as much. If the Lions make it to a Super Bowl during the Fords ownership it will be by mistake.