Lions 2013---Detroit Lion

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I disagree with all of that, TB. Russ Thomas had no clue Millen had no clue and both lasted twice as long as they should.
    The Dee stepped up these last 2 games but what were they doing before that ? The O tanked mostly from T/Os . I kinda like this group. I would like to see some rule changes: Say a Deelineman makes head to head contact with a QB, real or imagined then the QB must sit out a series just in case he got a concussion. Instead of calling that weak ****e on Fairley.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not sure whAt you disagree with? I was saying those two clown GM's shouldn't have been there.

The Lions DO have really good players. Undisciplined though. That's the coach. And that's the owner.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's not the owner. It's the players then the coach.
    linwood likes this.
  4. Darth Tater

Oi. Never mind. Happy Holidays, Thee.

Everyone else too! :)
    linwood likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's not the players for 57 years... or the coaches. It's the uniforms.
    linwood likes this.
  6. Darth Tater

Can somebody explain to me why Schwartz took it upon himself to bench Bush for a turnover but forgave Stafford all of his transgressions during that game?
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

it's not the uniforms it's the fans.
  8. Darth Tater

:pound:Lion fans. Such angry people..:mob-smiley2: :mob-smiley::mob-smiley2:

:nono::lalala:
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lack of consistency. Lack of accountability. Lack of ability by the coaching staff.

I said the exact same thing to my Dad during the last game. How can they bench Bush for his mistakes and not Stafford, who has had more than anyone else?

Stafford is no doubt the long-term answer at QB for this team, but I truly believe that if we had put Hill in, we would have won this game.

I read something recently by an "unnamed" Lions player saying that Stafford is never held accountable for his mistakes. They point out everyone else's mistakes in film study, but never Stafford's. Publicly they constantly defend him while everyone else - including ex-NFL QBs - criticise his footwork, mechanics, decision making, etc.

I understand the need to have a confident QB, not a gun shy one, but there's a point where you have to take the kid gloves off and actually develop him. Stafford has REGRESSED the last few years, IMO, which is 100% on the coaching staff. I watch Linehan with Stafford on the sidelines and listen to their conversations when Stafford is mic'd up and it's a complete joke. It looks like Linehan is afraid of Stafford. The inmates are running the asylum. This team will NEVER be a true contender with this coaching staff. Schwartz, Linehan & Cunningham all have to go. They've taken this team as far as they can.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  10. jammertime

I expected anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8. I had no expectation of anything better than a .500 season. My Dad thought they'd go 10-6 or better. I've repeatedly "Thanked" him for making me a Lions fan growing up.

I like every team that he did growing up: Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Blue Jays, Detroit Pistons and Detroit Lions. Three of the 4 have won multiple championships in my lifetime. One won't win any in my daughter's lifetime.
    TheeTFD likes this.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Have to you agree with you Jammer...Someone fumbles and is pulled for few plays and a guy throws 2 pics in a game but is out there on the next series of downs ready to lead the team to another TD or pick or 3 and out. The fans boo, but the coaches seem to ignore the obvious.

I think back to the Steeler game when the offense was completely shut down in the second half where possibly a new QB in the 4th qtr may have made the difference. How many second tier or second year QB's have beaten the Lions the last two years when Stafford was supposedly the better QB?
  12. Darth Tater

Jammer, It isn't good for either one of our images when we admit we thought alike on any subject or point. :makmiday: ( OK, maybe our images are shot anyhow ).

That being said I guess that answers my question on Stafford. Interesting. Sounds like a good way to lose a locker room.:mob-smiley2:
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If all u expected was 6-8 wins u got what u wanted.
    I expected 10 wins. And I'm disappointed !
    Darth Tater likes this.
  14. Darth Tater

When the Lions were 6-3 I finally gave in and said something like " Now I DO feel stupid for Abandoning the Lions for the Eagles but I still love my Eagles and not sorry I switched" . ( the Eagles were around 3-5 at that time. Well, I still love the Eagles but I don't feel stupid now. The Eagles are. 9-6 after winning 6 of their last 7! The lions as you well know went 1-5 in the last 6. The Lions are
    The Lions are like no other pro organization I can think of. Maybe the Clippers but they haven't been losing as long as the Lions have. Hopefully in your lifetimes theLions win.. No, just get to.. The Super Bowl.

I still don't like to see the Lions lose. What they've done to their fans is criminal. Pathetic.

Now. I enjoy Sundays. It was really weird switching alliances. I know I'm a traitor blah blah blah. I considered doing it for a few years. I even remember posting at one time that I was going to switch to the San Diego Chargers. Switching. was the smartest thing I've done concerning the NFL. :) I hope the lions do well for you guys in the years to come. But don't hold your breaths.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TFD, you predicted 6 wins before the season:

coynejeremy and Darth Tater like this.
  16. jammertime

Believe me, I wasn't happy about it. But given their schedule and they way they played last year, that was all I could see them winning.

The first half of the year our O-line played much better than expected, our secondary held out, we were winning the turnover battle and we were dominating the 4th Quarter.

The second half... not so much. The only thing that carried over from the 1st half was the excellent play by our o-line.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BS that post is 5 years old. Or my second Eagle prediction from this year.
    Our Oline didn't look that good against Baltimore.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice try. Click on the arrow next to your post and it takes you directly to your original post....made on August 16, 2013, by the way.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  19. Darth Tater

Damn...:6shoot::bs::doener::deathstar1::gun1::hanged2::pirates::wedgie::clap2::caked::drum::pop2::tea::yield::rofl::israel::masterandcommander:
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- In their never-ending search for players, the Detroit Lions made a curious signing Thursday morning.

[​IMG]

Carlin Isles, dubbed as "the fastest man in American rugby," was signed to the Lions' practice squad Thursday.

Carlin Isles, a member of the United States rugby sevens team, signed as a wide receiver on the Lions' practice squad after trying out with the team earlier this week.

Isles ran the 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds during his workout with the team this week, according to the Detroit Free Press.

"You're looking for athletes," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "It hasn't been unusual to see basketball players transition to the NFL, and it's not just recently; that goes way back.

"Even track guys like Bob Hayes and Renaldo Nehemiah -- things like that. An athlete's an athlete, and there are skills you can develop, and if you see something that you like, then you can work with him."

Isles played football and ran track at Ashland University, a Division II school, before moving to rugby.

Dubbed by RugbyMag.com as "the fastest man in American rugby," Isles became a YouTube sensation playing rugby because of his speed.

Carlin Isles, U.S. rugby player, signed to Detroit Lions' practice squad - ESPN