2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. max

max All-Star

I do love the Clipps though!!
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The series just started in the east as the Bulls become the first road team to break through winning in Brooklyn.

The D held the Nets in check winning 90-82. Can they carry this momentaum back to Chicago and take a 3-1 lead? You are never really sure what Bulls team will show up as they stop the streaks of the Heat and Knicks and lose to the likes of the Pistons, Bobcats and raptors in the same week.

Meanwhile, the almost Laker CP3 scores the Clippers last 8 points including the game winner on a running bank shot with supposedly 0.1 seconds left on the clock. The Grizz failed to get a shot off in the remaining time left on the clock and the Clippers escape with a hard fought 2 pt win after winning game one by 21 points.

CP3 had to be the hero because from the 6:50 minute mark when the Clips held a 85-76 lead, to the end of the game, every Clipper not named Paul missed a variety of jumpers, layups, while Mike Conley and company weaved their around Clipper defenders to tie the game 91-91. In fact Mark Gasols tying basket with just under 14 seconds may have given CP3 too much time to navigate and hit the winning shot.

I stayed home for this one, but with all the excitement of being in that sea of red for Saturday nights win, I will probably make at least one more appearance before the Clips are eliminated. Barkley is correct, their half court offense will probably on the prevent them from getting to the WCF, but they are fun to watch and the Clipper fans inside the Staples Center have way more fun than the stuffy celebrity laden fans who are there more to be seen, than watch the game.

Hoping the Pistons can just make it into the playoffs next season so that I can get playoff excited for them too.
    brofmfa likes this.
  3. LA Dre

Close game in OKC, as the Rockets gave the Thunder a scare with a 21-2 run midway thru the 4th that gives the Rockets a short 4 pt lead, but the favorites regain order and survived with a 3 point win.

Not sure if the Lakers are just old or their conditioning coach needs to be replaced?? How many injuries can one team have? Kobe and Jordan Hill out right now. Blake, Nash, Meeks, Gasol, Metta and Howard all had or have some type of injury this season.

The Lakers took the lead briefly near the end of the second quarter, but then the Spurs closed the quarter on a 7-0 run and never looked back as the Lakers never got to within 6 pts. The Lakers are done ...they may get one game at home this weekend, but that's it.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We had tons of injuries this year too. Knight, Maxiell, Drummond, bynum, calderon, stuckey that I can remember.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They're too expensive for such morsel
  6. LA Dre

The Miami Heat will probably repeat because they are healthy and the rest of the teams are missing these key guys

[​IMG]

If anyone of you can play guard, please report to the Staples Center tonight as the Lakers will be without Kobe, the Steves>Nash, Blake and Jodie Meeks.

Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock are the projected starting backcourt for the Lakers tonight but Nash and Meeks may dress for the occasion....

Not sure how long Westbrook will be out for the Thunder, but I smell an upset in Houston tomorrow night.
    S.J. likes this.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Andrew Goudelock = Anthony Goldwire
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Looks like the Clueless D'Antini will be forced to play a winning lineup.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    BillLaimbeer and brofmfa like this.
  9. LA Dre

The irony of it all.....The two replacement Laker guards, Morris and Gouldelock scored 44 points between them, Howard scores 25 and Gasol has a triple double and the Lakers still lose by 31......and Genobli only scored 6 pts.
  10. LA Dre

Game of the week or at least of the night in Oakland as the Warriors and Nuggets battled down to the end with Warriors edging out the Nuggets by two 110-109.
    Even Kobe tweeted that he was switching from the Lakers-Spurs game on ESPN to ESPN2 to see a better game.

Plenty of miscues and tired shots by both teams in the last 90 seconds but Da Warriorsssssss prevailed. It was the TyLawson-StepCurry show and the Warriors almost lost it on 7 turnovers by Jarrett Jack and then a 5 second out of bounds blunder by him that almost allowed the Nuggets steal the game with less than 8 seconds to go.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Lakers can't defend. D'Antoni!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  12. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

D'Antoni isn't the problem. Lakersnation sense of entitlement is.

He is a top 10 HC
  13. LA Dre

Yep, the LA media still refuse to believe they are down 0-3, just like it took them until the end of August 2004 to believe that they had really lost to the Pistons.
  14. LA Dre

Great games today unless you were Clipper and Pacers fans as their teams were blown out. Bulls and Nets go to 3 OT frustrating the local LA fans who didn't subscribe to the Clipper prime ticket net, as that Bulls victory stretched all through the first half of the the Grizz/Clips game on TNT. (Good thing is we never heard or saw Barkley tell how turrible the Clips were. )

Clippers starters Billups, Butler and Jordan combined for 2 pts 4 boards, 1 assist and one block. which contribute to a blow out win by the Grizzz who poured it on the fourth just as the Clippers had done in game 1. Each teams held serve on their home courts, but it appears that Grizz have seized the momentaum, with Zebo and Gasol providing the inside outside game to perfection.

The Bulls made the big comeback and prevailed in OT taking control of the series.

The Thunder survived the loss of Westbrook and almost blew a 26 point lead to also take a commanding 3-0 lead.

The Hawks get a blow out win in the ATL, to avoid going down 0-3.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Nate Rob got his Will Bynum on. He is going to be taken more seriously after this series. He used to be a thought of strictly as side show\morbid curiosity. I'm glad for him.
  16. The Panda

He is on a minimum contract. I never saw him as a vet minimum guy. For a bench leader PG, with the exception of teams like the Clippers (Bledsoe), there are not many other 2nd/3rd string PG's who can turn it on like him.

I would happily give him a $3m/yr contract, maybe more if he shows that he can hold focus for stretches greater than 8 minutes on a regular basis. He isn't Pistons material, but he can really help.

The only thing that was ever going to stop the Clippers was Z-Bo. He is the most dangerous player on those two teams not named Chris Paul and if we get more flashback performances from him I wouldn't be afraid to call Memphis winning it. In fact, I would say if Mem takes the 3-2 lead, the Clips should start picking out good TV shows to watch.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Tay with 15 pt.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4 years, 30 million. Get her done, Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

20. The Panda

Watching the Lakers get swept just made me so happy.
    TheeTFD and brofmfa like this.