1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like he quit on the team and yes it could be he or Gasoft's last time in Laker uniforms. The Laker brass will still try to sign him anyway and then think about what they have to with Gasoft.

If you were watching the game did you notice that when Jack Nicholson and his pal Lou Adler left at the end of third quarter, all of the other celebrities that paid $15K per seat got up and escaped the building too..

OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Ive only watched glimpses of the playoffs but what I DO KNOW is::::

1. Dwight Howard was a preacher boy as a 17 years old coming out of high school. Kevin Garnett was a kid who went to 3 high schools in 2 years coming in the NBA. ......Howard gets ejected in 3rd quarter of a sweep game- KG gets 17 rebounds in a sweep game thats has now gone to game FIVE!! I know a real MAN when I see one. Thank you for 15 great years, MR Garnett!!

2. Russel Westbrook has NEVER missed a game in his life. Rest easy, RW cuz Kevin Durant is about to put the fear of God in LeBron James!!!!!!

3. Carmelo Anthony would have learned how to be a rEAL basketball player if Pistons would have drafted him. 10 of 35!!!! vs Celtics today!??? The last piston to take 35 shots in a game HAD to be Jerry Stackhouse!

4. Steph Curry is my FAVORITE NBA player!! The Spurs are my favorite team! I MISS Barbra San Antone!!!

5. Go home KOBE!!!!!!!!

.....finally-REMEMBER when the Pistons were more important than MOST of whatever it was we did TODAY?????

3. LA Dre

Nuggs about to blow this one....unless they win three in a row. Steph Curry: No David Lee, no problem...

Curry and Thompson best "shooters" :gun1: in NBA playoff back court history? :bs: But not the best scorers....I still go Zeke, Dumars and the Microwave :stooges:

Lakers and Bucks :sweep::sweeping::fishing:

4. LA Dre

1)In fairness to Dhoward, even if he had played superman-jordan-akeem, there was still no way they were going to win this game. Their second best defender Metta was out tonight searching for world peace and all of the guards were riding the pine in their Jos A Bank outfits once Kobe came out and joined them.

2)Now that Westbrook is out, it does give Durant more shots, but how long will it last??

3)I concur, if LB had played Melo, he would be a 18-20 pt scorer that Tay would have backed up...and there could have been three peat possibility
    4) All of the ladies love Steph...even Mrs Dre..
    5) Kobe knew it was the last game so he had to show the fans that he still wanted to win despite the odds. Plus he needed to give a high five to Jack before he left.
    Should he be amnestied? Mitch Kupcake and Buss Jr will argue about it all summer.

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Best SHOOTERS was the statement and our guys couldnt go 3deep as consistent as Curry and Thompson. But also...Curry is not a TRUE point guard so to me..NO BACKCOURT was as awesome as RUN TMC- Hardaway, Mullin and Richmond. BUT here are the greatest 2 point and deep shooters IVE ever seen:

1. George Gervin....i never seen him miss a shot
    2. Larry Bird.....the best wide open shooter ever
    3. Reggie Miller....guts!
    4. Ray Allen.....inside and deep...just awesome
    5. Stephon Curry.....even at Davidson I thought he was special
    6. Rick Barry...the original Dagger
    7. Phil Chenier....smooth as cognac
    8. Dennis Scott..... best catch and shoot jumper ever
    9. Chris Mullin.....if its wasnt for alchohol ...
    10. Joe Dumars.... any angle..anywhere on the court, he was $$$!!

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ASK Mrs Dre why Kobe showed up AFTER the game was decided and after Dwight was ejected??? he is SUCH a Queen!!!

7. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Curry has such an amazing shot technique. It is just poetry in motion. Him and Thompson are scary good shooters, but Curry is a whole different beast. Better than Ray Allen because he can make his own shot.

8. LA Dre

HA LOL....she kept yelling for him go back to locker room...as she hates Kobe.......When I married her 27 years ago, she was a stone Laker fan. She stayed a Laker girl through our badboy-showtime battles in 88 and 89.

I got her to move over to the dark side..:darthvader: (the Pistons) finally in 2002. She sat on the fence quietly cheering for both the Pistons and Clippers for all Piston-Clipper games we attended from 2002-2010 at Staples while I wore my Piston gear in enemy territory.

She finally adopted the Clippers as her main team in 2010, and only cheers for the Lakers when she is in the presence of her mother who is the biggest Laker fan this side of Magic Johnson.

OLD SKOOL HQ and The Panda like this.
  9. LA Dre

Yeah they they were discussing shooters in a playoff back courts and the Pistons three although not the best shooters, they would still trump RunTMC in the overall category of best back court in the playoffs with 4 trips the EC Finals, 3 finals appearances and two titles.

Run TMC played only 3 years together between 89-92 and went to the playoffs twice, but won only one series with the Warriors.

10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've watched all 4 games from the Warriors-Nuggets series. So much fun to watch. Its pure basketball - guys making shots, making mistakes, hustling, athleticism, passion. What a joy. Steph Curry is unbelievable. My favourite player to watch. He scored 22 in a 6 minute stretch in the 3rd after attempting only 3 shots in the first half. I thought they were done without Lee but other guys are stepping up.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not really a Dwight Howard fan, but he was getting the crap beat out of him. When he used his strength to battle back, he was getting called for offensive fouls. Sure, he was frustrated, but he had a reason to be.

linwood likes this.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Watching the Celts get 1st round KO'd feels good.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amen to that!!

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i knew she hated kobe...thats why i told u to ask her! LOL.......i wish i couldve heard her!

15. LA Dre

This is for those who were sleeping during the late games.

Nuggets stave off elimination at home and now go back to Oakland to see if they can get one on the road and tie it. After being down by 22 at the half, and 17 at the end of 3, the Warriors made a valiant come back getting it down to five a couple of times, but it was not enough to get all the way back. A possible bad call by the ref when they had a chance to get it down to 3 stopped any chances of the Warriors ending the series in Denver tonight. The Nuggets tried to take Curry out of the game by roughing him up a bit.

Once again the Clippers bigs were out worked, out hustled and out played by the Gasol and Zebo. Time for Mr. Bigshot to retire as he was MIA since game one, the dumb coach still starts him instead of Willie Green. Caron Butler is a no show as is Deaudre Jordan, who has MIA since he posterized Brandon Knight.

The Grizzlies starters scored over 86 points for the second straight game while none of the Clipper starters not named Chris Paul got over 6. CP3 tried to do it all with 35 points as Blake Griffin once again came up lame (like he did in last years first round match vs the Grizz) and only played 19 mins before calling it a night. He will try to give it go on Friday night in Memphis, but looks like the Clipper season is probably coming to an end on Friday.

Tay the Grizz hits a three point dagger with about 2 mins left just as the Clips are trying a comeback.

Piston differential Tay the Grizz, 15 pts, 2 brds , 3 assists and +14; Billups the Clip, 3 pts, 1 board and 2 dimes, -6

In fairness, Tay played 37 mins to Billups 12. Mr. Big shot is not setting himself up for the big shot and the fifth best FT shooter of all time is not even attempting to get to the line.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Tay was ballin' last night. Big win by the Griz. I didn't think they had it in them. Zebo looked the best he has in a while.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

They could scrap the rest of the playoffs and just give me a 7 game series between the Grizz and Nuggets and I'd be stoked.

brofmfa likes this.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed. That would be fun to watch.

I guess I'm sort of rooting for the Grizz after watching their last few games. Really doesn't have anything to do with Tay, although I think he fits in nicely. He's always the rug that ties the room together.

linwood likes this.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I prefer to think of Tay as the small carry-on bag that holds everything you need to get through a long flight.

If I could control the games/refs the way Stern does, I'd also figure out a way to have a 7-gamer between Golden State and Houston.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think Ball wins that one TaS, he might have some scotch tape down in the bottom of that luggage.
    So maybe we coulda got 3 more good years from Bup. Maybe he doesn't trust that achilles tendon ?