2013 Playoffs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Have to admit that Tay has been one of keys to the Grizz success more so than Rudy Gay may have been....I am thinking Gay may have taken more jumpers instead of feeding into Zebo or even Gasol. A key block in the 4th along with stellar defense vs Butler and Billups and a couple of threes and he is probably on his way to the next round.

Of course the Clipper forum is already going crazy predicting doom and conspiracy ...ie refs call fouls on Clips so that they lose and CP3 bolts across the hall to the Lakeshow, to rebuild the super team that could collapse for a few years if Howard escapes and Kobe never regains form...:lame:

Of course most of the blame goes on VDN for not knowing how to coach a team with a bench that might be better than the starters. Right now many wishing they had the players they let get away last year...Kmart, Reggie Evans, Nick Young and Randy Foye....but their biggest wish is the ouster of Del Negro and the hiring of someone that CP3 will stick around and play for.
    brofmfa likes this.
  2. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

The Lakers can't afford Paul. It is literally impossible for them to sign him. CP3 resigns with the Clippers to get the 5yr max they can give him. He wants that contract. Sign and trade maybe but I doubt it.

Word is, that CP3 has been annoying the rest of the locker room. Any truth to this?
  3. LA Dre

This question came up about two weeks ago.....CP3 wants to win and some of the players didn't appear to be on the same page.

Agree that Lakers don't have enough cash unless they amnesty Kobe, and neither Kobe nor fans want that to happen as he would not be able to play for them until the fall of 2014......if the Lakers get a few key players that get them back to prominence, say next spring....he wants to be their leading the charge not sitting in the luxury suite...so if the Clips lose tomorrow there will be a lot of jostling, second guessing and coach searching in the Staples Center this summer.,... for both teams..
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sign and trade Paul for Kobe.
  5. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Amnesty for Kobe would free up their exceptions, but certainly not enough money for CP3 in the sense that LAL has $76.5m guaranteed for next year. If you swap max Kobe with max CP3 that figure goes to about $68 million. Still no MLE or BAE. So what do they do? Sign a bunch of vet minimum only scrubs to sit on the bench. This year showed that doesn't work. Even if they can go into tax territory with players that they have bird rights for, they still fall well short of the roster minimum. That and you have to remember that they will want to max out DHo. If he accepts then they are already into luxury tax territory.

The Lakers are boned for at least next year. Don't expect them to amnesty Kobe. They will trade Pau for scrap
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Interviewer: "Kobe, Do you think Howard will stay in LA"?

Kobe: "I would love Dwight back in LA so he can get open
    underneath the basket and watch me jack up a 30-footer against 3 defenders."
    The Panda likes this.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Carmel0 Anthony is a gifted scorer who doesn't help his team win basketball games.
    9 trips to the playoffs - 8 1st round exits.

In the first 5 cames of their current series, Mello is shooting 54 for 137(!).

...with 6 assists.

...5 games.
    ...6 assists.

[​IMG]

With JR Smith, K-Mart & Mello steering the ship, even J-Kidd can't stop the Knicks from basically becoming the '08 Nuggets.
    What the hell was up with all of that "wear black to the funeral" bull(expletive)?

...buffoonery!
    brofmfa likes this.
  8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thanks Mr. Dre, very informative.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Does he produce a lot of collisions?
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drummond hasn't scored a single point in the postseason yet. I'm unimpressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    roscoe36 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

Great game in Oakland tonight ( my remote was on automatic watching hoops, Hockey and Baseball) as the Warriors and Nuggets battled down to the wire after Golden State had built up an 18 point lead only to see the Nuggets trim it down to 2 points with less than a minute to go, but Mark Jackson's crew hold on as Denver misses multiple chances to tie the game. 92-88 was the final score.

The Warriors make it to the second round and will face the old school Spurs. The TNT guys said that the Warriors have lost in San Antonio 29 straight times..............
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I was kinda pulling for the Nuggets. But, the Warriors are pretty fun to watch. Hard to deny the appeal of Stephan Curry.
    brofmfa and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  13. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

Boy, was I wrong about GSW! I thought they were done when they lost Lee. Nuggets really needed Gallinari for their half cour offense.

edit: And apparently, Lee is back already.. skipping his surgery or what?
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fun game - Bogut showed up bigtime. There were some truly horrible calls against Denver late in the fourth, including that big four point swing against McGee who must surely rank in the pantheon of dumbest basketball players ever.

I like the idea of the Warriors, but any team who played the 4th quarter they played last night will get chewed up and spit out by whoever they play next.
    linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  15. LA Dre

Definitely they survived that 4th and probably would have lost series if they gone back to Denver to play game 7. The Spurs probably will have better chance of advancing to the WC finals playing the Warriors than the fast paced Nuggets
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

With Westbrook out and Griffin hobbling, the WC crown seems to be Spurs' to lose. Can they handle Miami in the finals I wonder. They'll be the better coached team for sure, and Miami is weak at the PG spot where Parker is playing some amazing ball. That would be a fun series for sure. With star players this time around to boot.
  17. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

At the moment, Grizzlies vs. Spurs feels like the most realistic WCF senario IMO.

And I would not be surprised if Grizzlies won the WC.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Spurs are my sentimental favorite, but I do like the Grizz.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tay's stock would rise a bit if the Grizz made the Finals.
  20. LA Dre

And if they won the finals, he could get credit as the catalyst that help them win such as Sheed and Aguirre did for the 04 and 89 Pistons? And Daye would tag along and get a ring....like Darko did....:biggrin: