1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2014 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Apr 18, 2014.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It was a great picture while the lights were amazing.

LA Dre likes this.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The Wiz blew it. They were up 17 pts halfway through the 3rd quarter and the Pacers decided to play defense and pull out the win. A couple of bonehead plays by George Hill gave the Wiz an opening for a game-tying trey, but they couldn't inbound the ball and George ended up with it. Now the series goes back to Indiana with Pacers up 3-1. The Wiz are probably done.

Nemo likes this.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When it's all said and done...the # 1 and 2 seeds will be in the final 4. Unless the Clippers steal another win on the road and win the one on Thursday in LA.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

LeBron with a pretty unselfish play in crunch time, as usual. He was doubled in the paint and threw the hockey assist that led to bosh's game clinching corner three. That is one thing that I've always respected about him... That and his defensive effort.

Nemo and The Panda like this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I almost forgot to mention how humble he is as well:

brofmfa and linwood like this.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Got to love it! And which people would these be exactly? Bring out the old 'people' reference when you don't want to reference anyone at all.

I suppose he did see Jordan sitting on the bench when he was attempting to dunk that other game. Not many other players would have seen that. They would have been too busy concentrating on playing basketball and making the shot.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Was also funny watching him pout about not getting 50 points after he missed the last meaningless ft. He mentioned his awareness of history while he's on the court.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Whoa, the Wiz bounced back in intimidating fashion. The pressure is on the Pacers now. Very impressive.

9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I really really hope to see a Heat/Wiz ECF. That will be so much more interesting than Heat Pacers.

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I would just like to see anyone take the Heat to 7.

This computer is property of the Denver Squirrels and is not to be removed from facilities.

Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  11. LA Dre

The Clippers choked away an almost certain win over the Thunders which would have them trying to close it out at home on Thursday up 3-2 CP3 was terrible in the end with 2 TO's and bad foul on a three ball attempt by Westbrook.

The refs helps out the situation by giving the ball to the Thunder when it was clearly off Reggie Jackson....the ball goes to Thunder and Westbrook gets fouled.

As Doc said in his post game comments, the call by the refs could have been a series defining call as the Clips would have had the ball up 2 with 7 seconds instead the Thunder get the ball the three points and the game.

Go back to the last 4:13 minutes when the Clippers were up 101-88 and they decided to play not to lose instead of playing to win. Too much dribbling and ISO plays by Cp3 trying to milk to clock and the thunder finish on a 15-3 run to steal the victory. Have to wonder if Cliff Paul was out there playing the last 2 minutes. Durant did not play like the MVP until the last 4 minutes.

You talking an upset household. This was Mrs. Dre birthday and it was ruined by the finish of the game. My son who works for the Clippers was over visiting us to celebrate his moms birthday went home solemn and upset of course.

brofmfa, Nemo and The Panda like this.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The refs sure made a meal of the final minute. Yes, the ball was off Jackson but only because the refs missed the clear foul on Barnes which caused the ball to go out. Yeah I know you can't review fouls, but I considered that even stevens. The foul by Paul on the ensuing Westbrook chuck-three was the compounding error. I agree the Clips went into lead-saving mode too early and their offense ground to a halt. I feel sorry for the Clips as they were the better team on the night, but good for the series for those impartial (sorry Dre :fear:) as it gives this a chance to go 7 games as long as LA take care of home court.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If a foul causes the ball to go out of bounds, I think the team that was fouled keeps the ball. That's independent of whether the foul is called or not. So without having seen the replay, the reported sequence of events appear to support the call.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Two wrongs don't make a right.

15. LA Dre

Speaking as a person who was partial to the teams playing whom we (our family wanted) to win...you have to wish that the games are called evenly. There were possibly four scenarios where fouls could have been called in the last 17 seconds alone: The refs could have called one when the ball got away from CP3 (a possible foul on Westbrook that wound up in Jacksons hands. One should have been called on Barnes on the infamous out of bounds play; one could have been called when either Ibaka or Jackson hit CP3 on the arm on the last play of the game. And of course the only one that was called was the one on CP3 as he fouled Westbrook on the 3 ball attempt.

First only Westbrook would have taken that shot. With 8 or 9 seconds left and down 2, most sensible players would have gone to the hoop for 2.....especially in his case where he was already getting there with an ineffective DJ having already fouled out. He wanted to be the hero and got bailed out and made the winning points on the 3 freebies.

The Clippers are good enough to win game 6 at home, and have won a game 7 on the road, but not sure if they can do it this time.

16. LA Dre

Yep just because you missed calling the foul, you can't give the ball to the team that was probably fouled. The refs had already given the ball to the Thunder on a earlier play when it was clear that Steve Adams knocked it out.

Bottom line...the Clips (Cliff Paul specificcally) held on to the ball once they went up 13 thinking he could milk the clock and Blake never touch the ball during those last 3 minutes on the offensive end.

17. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Guys, stop with the internet conspiracy garbage.

There is a rule which states that if a players knocks it out of bounds by hitting the opposing players hands then they do not keep possession. The refs made the right call and I hate the Thunder.

coynejeremy likes this.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Do you have a link to that rule? I have never heard of it.

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Brooklyn gave a nice battle, but the Heat sent them fishin'. KG ran off the floor without shaking Miami's hands.

20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Pierce got hacked.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.