2nd Round Boston vs Cleveland

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 4, 2008.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

The more I think of it the more I want Cleveland to win. It'll provide me with entertainment when I listen to Boston radio. The talk show guys will be able to finally quit whining about Spygate and start whining about the Celts.

Besides, we get HCA if Cleveland wins and the Pistons have played well at home for the most part.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Clev is shooting horribly but bos is not able to build a decent lead. This bos is not confident team anymore: hesitating shots and lots of turning over
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So far this looks like a redux of some of last years ecf games. Defensive, ugly, a lot of TO's and missed shots, refs calling it to tight. It's anybody game...although Celtics lucky Rondo is playing and lucky that la bron is only 1-6 shooting. Only two qtrs in the book, but it looks like 6 or 7 to me unless one team breaks out.

With Celtics woes on the road, they better make sure they win a home game or they may be watching the ECF on their big screen Tv's with the Sixers, Mavs, Wizards, Suns, etc.:sssh:
  4. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

Erh... TheBron is playing like somebody has injected him some morphine before the game. He almost has more fouls than points, he is shooting 1-10.

Wait, before I continue I have here a friend that wants to say something:

[​IMG]

"I've told you all he is overrateeeeeeeeeeeed!!"

=============

Come on, Pierce is playing D on him, whats going on? If the Cavs do go to the ECF, Tay should learn from whatever they're doing (I know im talking a little bit too early, but its still useful).It makes me think that if LeBron turns on, the Cavs have way more chances to beat them.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

TNT guys are talking about whether to double Garnett or not....

meanwhile Wallace keeps doubling off of him.

what?
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Lebron has 9 turnovers with 9 min left.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If LeBron brings his "D" game, the Cavs could have won this game.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Ugly game. Credit to KG for hitting big shots in the last minute, but wow, could LeBron have choked any worse?
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Lebron really sucked...which means Boston should be very worried.
  10. LA Dre

I know percentages say you go with your superstar, but in this case, 2-18 and 10 turnovers for lebron, you may have been better to give the shots to someone else.

KG was earning his 3rd place MVP honors, but the unsung hero of this game may have been late season pickup Sam cassell. Two threes in the third qtr and 8 of the Celtics points in what had to have been most dreadful third qtr in playoff history. Reminds me of a Celtic-Piston playoff game back in 87 or 88 when the the final score was 63-60 or something like that.

As bad a game as Labron had he was one assist and one rebound away from a quadruple double. (including 10 TO's). He took to many shots instead of passing off to the open man. Even when he took the ball to the rim, he tried to many reverse layups instead of the dunks he threw down on us last year.

I think the last time Ray allen hit a jumper was the last game of the regular season.

Even as bad as these guys played, I think the refs took some of the game away from the cavs with so many ticky-tac fouls. No way the Celtics should win this game commiting 23 TO's. This does not look good for the rest of the series or the next round for whatever teams get in the ECF. It goes back to the previous rounds with the physical mini-fights between the Wiz-Cavs and Celtics-Hawks. I guess the league decided that they did want to let it get out of hand and called it close.
  11. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Just call me McD cuz I'M LUVIN IT! Beat each other up and down the floor!
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Boston improves turnover rate and Bron improves shooting percentage. Means same score for next game........and same winner.
  13. LA Dre

yep and then Orlando has cake walk to the finals vs the Hornets:lol:
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Not only was that game coma-inducing, but it was like some alternate reality. Lebron looked like it was his 1st year in the league. Whatever BOS was doing defensively, i hope the Pistons were watching just in case. Garnett was being clutch. Allen looked like Wally. Wally at times looked like Allen.

Why was Joe Smith on Garnett that last possession when Ben was doing a good job on his post-ups ?

Why were they doubling off Garnett ? Who were they doubling anyway ?

A big flaw in CLE is they have no one that can punish Cassell on the defensive end in terms of guards so he's just aloud to hang out, make a shot if he likes, check out the view . . .

I don't know if this game bodes well for BOS (no production from Allen/Pierce) or CLE (Lebron playing like that and having a chance to win).
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

You forgot about Lebron reducing his turnovers also...he had 10 of the Cavs 17.

This could be the long series we were hoping for.
  16. max

max All-Star

I am not sure who I want to win. I watched most of the 4th and did not really care who won.
  17. LA Dre

yep celtics would possibly play 14 games before getting to the ECF and the Cavs a possible 13. We need to take care of business in 5 and have at least 3 days rest before the ECF starts. If one of them has expended all of their energy, then we take them down in five and be prepared for a run and gun western foe.
    :stirthepot:
    Oops, there I go thinking to far ahead...hopefully the guys that work at the palace aren't thinking the same. :sssh:
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I felt the same way. I just rooted for whoever looked worse at the moment.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Cleveland could be dangerous. This was an awful game for Lebron and they still could have won it if his point blank finger roll wouldn't have popped out (and he would have gotten a phantom foul call like usual). He could have gone 3-15, had 10 turnovers, and still got the W on the road against the team with the best record in the NBA.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

\

:pound: Now really think about that...:dizzy2: