2nd Round Boston vs Cleveland

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 4, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

SCUM rises to the top in any pond...
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The way the playoffs are going this year, I think I'd rather have HCA against the Cavs.

The winning team will obviously be the better team, so it's not like we can avoid having a test (if we make it there). Home teams are really kicking butt this year though. Maybe the new NBA policy on encouraging touchy calls is magnified when home crowds get loud and the refs subconsciously feed them.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's a tuff call Cavs or Celts. But Stern/league wants Celts/Pis, you know, for old times sake.
    Don't forget BBens Bulls crushed the -then-champs Heat in the P/Os last year. Frankly I don't need BBeen coming around here.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Down with the Cadavers!!! But I want the Pistons to do it, not the Celts. If the Celts take out LeBron, it would be like sending your brother to beat up a bully. It may have the same end result, but it's just not as satisfying as it would be if you did it yourself.

:gun1:
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah but all 3 of these guys are my kinda scum. :rofl:
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Doesn`t mean squat.

That`s why HCA is so important to some teams. If Boston loses every away game and wins every home game, they win the ship!!!!

Bottom line, they don`t have to win an away game, as long as they don`t lose at home........
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Did anyone see the "talk" between kg and bill russell. Nauseating and unbelieveable. At one point russell said he would give kg one of his rings and kg replies "i feel ya". ABC/ESPN promoted it as one of the must see talks of the year. I thought it was totally unbelievable. I would like to know if russell felt this type of love for kg when he was in minnesota for 11 years. I am trying to find any quotes that russell made in regard to kg. The cameras during the talk forcused on russell's eyes that looked like was going to cry. I would like to read what others think about the "interview of the year". Hopefully we can get the interview on youtube.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, I thought I was the only one who saw that and felt the same way. Funny that KG is suddenly Russell's favorite player out of the blue. Methinks Bill Russell misses the limelight. It was just last year when he was telling a Finals-bound Lebron James "make me proud" in a similarly weird moment during the EC championship awards ceremony. Sorry, Russell, as the sympathetic sheriff said to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid "your times is over."

By the way, doesn't KG look totally weird and not himself in those clips? Like he doesn't take it seriously, but has to pretend to because of Russell's reputaton?
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I thought it was one of the crappiest, sappiest productions I have seen in a long time. They had that horrible "sentimental" music playing the whole time while KG asked Russell goofy questions he was reading off an ESPN teleprompter, and Bill was laughing like he has lost his mind.

We thought Garnett was probably thinking, "shut up, you crazy old ma, it's my turn!"
  10. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

WE'RE GOING TO LOSE: according to Jameer

Magic optimistic despite 3-1 series deficit

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer 4 hours, 46 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—His team backed into a 3-1 corner in the Eastern Conference semifinals, Orlando Magic guard Jameer Nelson guaranteed a Magic victory when the series returns to Detroit on Tuesday.
    “We’re going to make some adjustments and we’re going to win this game,” Nelson said after Orlando’s 90-89 loss on Saturday. “I’m not being arrogant or cocky or anything like that. I think (Saturday) we let it slip out of our hands. Game 2 we let it slip out of our hands. We’re going to win this game in Detroit.”

Magic optimistic despite 3-1 series deficit - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
  11. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

I want the cavs to win, so this can happen (again):

[​IMG]

(Note how Flip talks a lot but says nothing).
  12. raxrets

raxrets Starter

I have lived with imagination that only Samb, Rip and Dice have nose-related problems but it seem I'm mistaken...Sheed has too
  13. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

A punch in the nose would break his finger.
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Looks like this series is going 7 games. Kevin Harlan, after LeBron's huge dunk: "LeBron James, with no regard for human life!" Now that seemed a little over the top. Something Walton might say. Celtics' offense was so bad, it was difficult watching them.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

So, it's official: Boston can't put a complete game together on the road. Their problem before tonight was not being able to play D on the road, but they were solid on that end for most of the tonight. This time, though, they only scored TWELVE points in the 4th quarter...yikes. That's beyond pathetic. Rondo and Allen kept them in it in the 3rd, but they all choked like crazy in the 4th.

Despite jacking up a ton of stupid Js, LeBron sure finds a way to get things done; 13 assists for him tonight. There was one he had to Smith early in the 4th that was Magic-esque, where he went across the lane, anticipated the help D from one of the big men, and went no look to Smith for a layup. Really amazing stuff, since he had to look two steps ahead to see that option developing in order to get that pass off the way he did.

LOL @ that Cavs fan with a "Where 0-5 Happens" sign.
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's actually a "catch phrase" that Harlan has had for a number of years. He used to say it about KG when he was calling Wolves games for a bunch of seasons.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

CLE's defense was amazing, but at the same time the Celtics don't seem like they have any idea what they're doing on offense or who they are even trying to go to.

It doesn't help that Garnett chokes in the 4th.
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Garnett didn't choke down the stretch of Game 1, but that's the only reason the Celtics aren't down 3-1 at this point. Tonight, though, the "MVP" was getting shut down by Sideshow Bob in the clutch.
  19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

All the Beantowners will be calling for Doc's head tomorrow on talk radio.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think they've already been calling for it. He's about as popular with die-hard Celtics fans as Flip is around these parts.