2nd Round Boston vs Cleveland

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 4, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Definite possibilty. Remember Game 1 vs. the Cavs? They were awful.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Terrible call. I agree that was good for us, but man I hate seeing Lebron get that whistle in that situation. If the call goes the other way, it's probably a 3 point game with 40 seconds to go. Boston wouldn't have had to intentionally foul and it would have been an exciting ending.

The way this is going, I think that we are better off with the HCA. Both these teams are dominant on defense, which has been a problem for Flip to coach against in the past.

The only reason that I can think of that we might want the Celtics is because we will have the energy at the start of the series, and it may be possible for us to win road games early on in the series.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'd probably be OK with facing that Cleveland offense. 10 assists and 13 turnovers tonight, with 33% shooting from the floor...yikes.
  4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aww, man, that sword is SHARP!
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Celtics could become the first NBA Champion to play 28 games to win a title if they continue with their current home and road show.

If they do play game seven down to the wire and eek out a victory, either they will come out and lay an egg on Tuesday vs the Pistons or they are regenerated and blow our rusty arses off the floor:stirthepot:
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was wondering that too. Does the padding on the side count as the backboard?

Stern must be quaking in his little rhinestone boots as he watches the offensive futility of both these teams. What good are superstars if no one else on the team scores?

P.S. I had never heard either of the two broadcasters. I thought they were pretty good. Neither of them made it about themselves, but just called the game. That's refreshing in these days of broadcaster self-importance.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Quoting myself here LeBron James style, but that charge call is what I was talking about. Horrid call all too common to the home team in these playoffs.

The analysis of West's block off the side of the backboard was equally bad. How about explaining if or how the side of the backboard is considered in the rule book? You can take a ball out of the air on the way down if it has no chance of going in. Was that play open to similar interpretation? I guess there is only so much time in the broadcast when you have to account for which of LeBron's boyfriends called him between games.

KG is the reason I hope BOS loses with a little Pierce thrown in. I always liked KG and I guess I always bought his woe is me situation in MN, but he is insufferable now. How many times can he throw an elbow or swing at someone without having something called or developing the dreaded "reputation"? I wish Dyess had smacked the crap out of him last year.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

At this point, I want Cleveland to win because yes, Boston is definitely more "hatable" and homecourt would be nice the rest of the way. I'm terrified of playing 3 or 4 in Boston due to the home cooking, not the way the Celts supposedly play better there.
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Uncalled goaltend? If someone bricks a shot and the other team hits the ball afterwards, it is not goaltending, people. It happens a hundred times a game - it's called missing a shot. The only reason people are talking about goaltending is because originally it looked like Delonte West blocked it, until the replay made it clear that the ball hit the backboard and was careening out of bounds before West touched it (if he did even touch it).
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Isn't the rule if the ball touches the backboard first, the player can't touch it/block it or it's goaltending? I don't think it's relevant what direction it was going in or whether it had a chance to go in. Just like when people block shots on a downward trajectory that have no chance of making it to the rim, It's still goaltending.

It hit the backboard, West touched it. Regardless if it was sailing out of bounds, it's still goaltending (and West definitely touched it). I could be wrong, but that was the inerpretation i had of the rule.

The only argument that can be made is it hit the side of the backboard, not the front, but technically it's still the backboard.
  11. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Couple that with the KG/Russell "interview" , I hate KG more than ever. I have always hated the celtics, but kg is a glaring phony. The thought of having to go through the finals hearing and seeing kg puff pieces make me want to puke. Pierce is not far behind in my book.
  12. coynejeremy

No, no no...

From NBA.com RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING
    There are a number of other rules that we are all generally aware of, but this is the main point. If what you're saying is true, then ANY time a player shoots the ball, and it bounces off the backboard in ANY direction, NOONE can touch it or else it's goaltending. This would disrupt the game to the point of uselessness.
  13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Why is it that they have to play Game 6 on a Friday and Game 7 on the subsequent Sunday when the Hornets/ Spurs played their game 6 on a Thursday but will be playing their game 7 on the subsequent Monday? :stirthepot:
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Can you say "TV ratings"?
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I just thought of something, I don`t know if someone else mentioned this in a previous post, but here goes.

If the Celtics blow this game the Boston area will have two teams who uh, should I say choked this year in the Celtics and Patriots. Two teams that were about to be annointed the next best thing since sliced bread!

Let`s go Cavs..........!!!

I don`t believe I just said that.....
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Are you guys talking about the shot that hit the side of the backboard, but looked like it was blocked?
  17. coynejeremy

Please, Tashawn, tell me I'm not crazy here. Am I the only one who doesn't understand how that play could even remotely be called goaltending?
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree. I've always thought a goaltend should only be called if the shot actually has a chance of going in. That shot had no chance.
  19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If that was goaltending... then every play where sombody throws the ball up on the glass as a pass to be dunked should be called offensive goal tending....

Shouldn't that shot have almost fallen under the rule that you can't shoot the ball over the backboard? I mean if it had a chance to go in given the line it was taking it would have had to been higher and over the backboard.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I've seen them waive off goaltending plenty of times when they deemed that the ball wouldn't have hit the rim. Even when it hits backboard first.