2nd Round Game 1 - Chicago May 5 7pm

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 4, 2007.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Thank u.Ol' Green One! This is in my heart. this seris aint about beauty or grace. This one....is personal!..

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll be there as usual. go pistons!!

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ps 99
    Bs 89
    Snuff film.
    Sheed in Wings red.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that Dallas and Miami are out, does that make us the favorites (according to everyone not in Pistonland)? The way we're spanking Chicago tonight, I'd have to think yes.

Will this change things for a team that loves being the underdog?

6. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

This game was a great start to the series for the Pistons. Hopefully they can keep outplaying the Bulls like they did this game.

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

We have to be the favorites to come out of the East for sure. Seemed like the Bulls would have put up more of a fight. We have to demoralize them in game two.

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That Rip post game interview was the best one I've ever seen. Not because of what he said, but because it looked more like a pre-game interview. Not a bead of sweat. No signs of fatigue. No heavy breathing. YES SIR!!

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Couldn't have asked for much more out of Game 1. CB's aggressiveness in the first quarter had the Pistons up 6, and then the bench exploded in the 2nd to push the lead up to 16 at one point. Lindsey, Fino, and JMax were all fantastic in that quarter. Third quarter was atrocious for both teams, but the Pistons hit three straight 3s in the first two minutes of the 4th, and suddenly it was all over with a 22 point lead and 10 minutes to go. Defense was terrific for most of the evening, and the Pistons outrebounded them by 8. The Bulls bench went 3-30 from the floor...ouch!

:brick:

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Pistons came out with the needed intensity from the first second of the game. And how about the Brahma tonight? The guy is a freak. He needs to be in there more. I liked how Hunter played tonight, too. Very aggressive on D, but he should probably never shoot.

Did Flip Murray do ANYTHING tonight? Liked McDyess' rebounding efforts. I was going nutz when he missed those two tip-ins in a row.

Too many turnovers for Detroit tonight. That third quarter was brutal to watch. It really was.

C-Note was great in the first quarter. Tay was great in the fourth. I didn't like Webber's game tonight much at all.

Pistons played great defensively I thought. Hard to believe this was a Flip-coached team tonight.

11. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

What a game. Nice to the Pistons beat the stuffin outta them. Balanced scoring with great support from the bench. Need to kick them in game 2 and not let them leave Motown with false hopes.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good call, webz!!

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rip had been resting on the bench for 20 minutes before the interview. That always helps. :)

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The game as seen through the eyes of Bull's fans. Courtesy of blogabull.com game thread.

This is an embarrassing showing

thus far. We are playing like a bunch of mentally retarded children

I am shock
    The bulls are playing like a high school team. Come on guys, pick it up!!!

Come on Bulls.

At least make this competitive. The f'ng Magic played them closer than this

I think

I'm going to cry. Things have to get better for us in the second half. Don't they?

Wow

I think we have to give some credit to Detroit. I didn't realize their defense was this good - and they have so much depth on offense. Impressive team. I think the only way we can win this series is if BG comes up big in at least 3 games. Other than Deng, we don't have much offense.

why is hamilton still in?
    hope that punk turns an ankle

I understand losing on the road in the playoffs.

No biggie. Happens all of the time. But I do not understand the failure to even be competitive.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I saw everything I needed to see in the first half. Had to Tivo the second to take care of something else.

The Pistons are all business right now. They might not be absolutely dominating, but from the outset, they are giving a consistent and powerful performance. Coupled with the McConduit's report that Rip and Sheed were putting in extra serious practice, this team has made the mental adjustment and it is going to take a very good effort by an opponent to beat us.

Spelled someone for 7 minutes. I'll take that.

The Pistons D has been improving all year but not enough people have been able to see it, and there is always the ghost of Larry Brown to contend with. The zone was made for these small ball teams that like to penetrate and generate a lot of movement inside the arc. Force them to make shots. With CBill pressuring the guards early, they never could find a rhythm. Next game, it might be Rip doing the same.

I'm VERY pleased tonight.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I went out, thought i had the game taped and my VCR screwed up!! :frusty:

From the score, it looks like i missed a damn good game. Did anyone tape it? I don't mind paying for a copy. :fingerscr

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Guys, I am very very happy. Great performance.

But I do remember feeling this way the first couple of games of the Cleveland series last year, so I am really hoping the team doesn't lose focus along the way.

18. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

This is a BIG PLUS that we whalloped 'em. Bench got more minutes and more experience and came through. On the other hand, they didn't have a bench. Really only played with 3 scorers since Gordon was taken out of the game early.

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, I forgot, Pistons beat the Cavs by 27 in Game 1 last year, then Game 2 by 6, and then...well, we know what happened then. Still, with the focus we're seeing from the Pistons now on DEFENSE, we've got to feel pretty confident that they can get things done in this series.

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

we wobbled on that milwaukee series before so it was like a building shaking in an earthquake. This time our Orlando series was solid.