2nd Round Game 5 - Chicago May 15th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 13, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am not going to work till Friday........

I can`t face those folks tomorrow.................:tsk:
  2. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Likewise. I was not able to watch the game tonight, or even check the score until the beginning of the fourth quarter. When I saw the score on yahoo sports, I thought perhaps there was a mistake, and that yahoo had the numbers reversed. A real shock. Very difficult to understand the mentality that would allow this kind of a letdown (or overconfidence), particularly after what happened in the Cleveland series last year.
  3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

This is making my keyboard hurt.:mad:
  4. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Boy did the complexion of this series change quickly. The Pistons have lost the mental edge and the Bulls have all the confidence in the world. How can this team have such a split personality? No thanks to the refs in this game.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just remind them they are 'Zards fans.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Watched the second half. What a piece of crap game from the Pistons. Bulls got anything they wanted, made the extra (and extra) pass while the Pistons launched bad jump shot after bad jump shot.

I offer my kingdom for a low post threat.
  7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

bs calls.

chicago knows the way to beat the pistons is to take chauncey out.

rip needs to sit and put delfino / flip murray in because they drive to the hole. chicago is hiding ben gordon on defense by having him check rip. rip isn't a difficult defensive assignment.

webber needs to sit and put in maxiell.

lindsey never needs to touch the court in this series.
  8. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Why do I care so much how this team plays? It just puts me in a bad mood to see the Bulls tromp on the Pistons on their home court. Where is the fire in the belly that was so evident earlier in the series? Really do the Pistons only play well when they have their backs against the wall? Flip can't be blamed for this loss, the players have to execute and show some will to win. Letting the Bulls shoot 72% in the first half? They are a jump shooting team and they were looking like Hall of Fame players right down to riding the pine normally Chris Duhan. The Pistons start and stop with Rasheed and he just has to come out to play on Thursday and not let this thing go to 7 games, my heart can't take it. Also the bench needs to come in and play the way they are capable of, let the starters rest a bit more in the 1st half and trust the bench to carry some of the heavy lifting.
  9. roscoe36

I'm disappointed but we have two chances to win one game. The Bulls have to be perfect.
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Agreed.

But, One can`t help to think about history being made. Coming back from a 3-0 deficit - with the Pistons being the team that was up.

That would be devestating to me, you, the city of Detroit, and the list goes on...............
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

True, but two days ago we were anticipating a sweep. Now we're reduced to pointing out that we probably won't succumb to the worst collapse in playoffs history. That's...not good.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can smell it out here in California dude! Flip has flopped. The pressure was on the Pistons and they choked big time:mad:

It ain't over yet, the Bulls maybe able to pull off the sweep the hard way and the history will be made. Yeah the Pistons can go fishin ...NOT

Believe me the Bulls will more focused to take care of business on their own floor than we were tonight. Those Road Warriors better step up on Thursday or the momentum will surely be in the Bulls favor in game seven despite it being at the palace.

I said in the pregame chat that the first team to 90 would win...but wtf happen...well the Bulls hit the shots in the first half, (72%) gained the confidence and kept shooting in the second half to finish with 57%.

Not only did the they let Chicago dictate the tempo by hitting the shots and showing the energy in the first qtr, but they let the second tier guys like Tyrus Thomas get off with dunks (5-5 at one point) and left PJ Brown open to hit 7-9 uncontested shots. ben Gordon shot with reckless abandon and made most of them including 5-6 form the 3 point line. I thought he had more than the 28 that he finished with. Heinrich also picked apart our defense for 13 assists and timely shots to finish with 17.

Key to the game IMO was CB going out with four fouls with 7:32 left in the 3rd. The score was 70-62 and it appeared that the Pistons could cut that lead in half by the end of the qtr, but with Hunter replacing Billups, the Bulls put together a 12-2 run over the next 4 mins before Flip replaced Hunter with Flip jr. with about 3 mins left in the third qtr. The Bulls continued the run and finished with a 20-5 run before Billups reappeared at the end of the qtr, but the game was over then even with another 12 mins to go.

Don't jump off the bandwagon folks. we can still win this but it has to be in six...need the weekend off to rest for the Cavs. Just stop Gordon!!!
  13. roscoe36

Billups gets 3 fouls in 4.5 minutes to start the 3rd.

Bulls go on a 20-5 run without Billups on the court (replaced by Hunter and Murray).

Hunter, 2 fouls in 4 minutes 15 seconds. Pistons only score 2 points during this time.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree, there were some bad calls. But I don't think you can blame this one on the refs. The Pistons played poorly. They are going to have to play better ball if they are going to advance.
  15. roscoe36

Really interesting pressers. I'm happy I am recording them. Billups says they needed to make adjustments but didn't. Should have them up in an hour or so.
  16. GIE

GIE Second Round Draft Pick

Last year I thought it was just Flips bad coaching that cost the Pistons against the Heat but this year I can't believe how stupid the players are. I mean didn't they learn ANYTHING from the series against Cleveland last year. They were in the Bulls heads after game three. They thrashed them for two in Detroit and erased a 19 point lead in game three to beat them,then in game four they just mailed it in. I mean even the players admit that in the papers. Maybe more of them should have stayed in college for the full four years. Now the Bulls have all of the confidence in the world and they are going home for the next game.
    I have to think that Webber shouldn't start any more in this series, Max should start so someone will be attacking the basket to start the game and draw some fouls then bring Webber in when Chauncy sits and run the offense through him.
    As for Kirk the flopper, his idea of defense is to fall down 24 times a game figuring that even if he only gets 25% of the calls his man will foul out.
    Couldn't stand to watch the fourth quarter, I had to find something else to do just to keep from firing something at the TV. Too expensive these days and not as durable.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I couldn't stomach this one at all so I tuned out in the second half. I think the Bulls win a close Game 6 in Chicago and Detroit wins a close Game 7 back at The Palace, but having to go seven games is ridiculous. I think you have to give the Bulls some credit. They shot the lights out. 73 percent in the first half.
  18. roscoe36

73 Percent but they were only up by 8.

This was a winnable game until the whistles came. We get zero respect from the zebras at home.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

They are getting to the open floor. Why now and not before--I don't know. We made them drive in the first two games and they would throw it to Ben. Even the drives are more open but the key is that they are getting and hitting jumpers. The Pistons have to stop the jumpers even if it means giving them a drive here or there.

What worries me is that a young team may have found an answer to an older team. I hope that that isn't it and that good old fashion effort is what we need. I am as stunned as anyone by this game.

We too can press this team and make them frantic. We need to get back to business.

Part of their game plan is to drive and get fouled (we have to be selective as they are not good finishers). Why did Webber foul Ben Wallace? We are not playing smart. That is just one example. They also plan on running and taking the quick look. We have to be ready for that.

The offense was strained because we cannot score at that pace. We need to get Sheed on the block, get Chauncey into the lane some and please keep Rip from driving all the way to the hoop to get blocked.

Maxiel should get more playing time.

Tough loss to digest. I hope it is just a big blip and does not damage the playoff run. you have to be worried.
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

What a joke of a game...the complete opposite of how I felt this game would go. CB out on fouls didn't help (still played 34 minutes), but few Pistons played with much intensity at home...except for Jmax. Gordon lit it up tonight, Deng was steady, but TT put up some demoralizing play. The D was non-existent tonight.

Playing into lee's court...Murray & Hunter combined for 30 minutes, 0 points, 1 assist & 4 TO's...not that it really mattered anyway. This game was never within control of the Pistons.

Kenny The Jet postgame diagnosed the Pistons with 'phatcatitis' in being lackadaisical....can't disagree after tonight's disappointing turd.

I am now starting to worry some.