30 all time greats ceremony

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Anyone seen if that ceremony is online to view anywhere?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Keep an eye on the green room tomorrow.
  3. Superstarov

I knew I could count on you. You're so good to me.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

not really a topic talking about last night outside of the game thread so figured this is the best spot....

what were folks thoughts? Thought it was very well done, and Isiah stole the show.... as I watched it brought back the emotional bond I had with the Bad boys... Reminded me how I truely love the Pistons more then any other of the Prof sports teams in Michigan.

His speech was from the heart and you can tell Detroit is still where his heart is. Don't want him being coach or GM of the Pistons but wouldn't it be interesting if Mr D would let him have a minority share in ownership?

I loved how he talked about how Detroit can now compare teams like the Celtics and the Lakers. I also think folks on other boards didn't understand Big Shots comment about how he would take his boys now...

He said first he didn't know who would win then, but if they played today they would win, after talking about them all being a bit older.. I am sure he was playfully saying that if both teams were to play today as is... they would win. Who here disagrees with him? our Bad boys are 20 years past there prime and have atleast an extra 20 lbs in there gutts.

Wish Rodman would have felt the urge to return, and liked how Isiah told him he had to come home someday.

Really classy night and the game results could have been predicted.... probably should have set the starters last night and let the kids go down stairs during the pregame show to get ready, and to those that said the bad boys wouldn't have laid that egg, if my memory serves correct they lost during a ring ceremony night too....
  5. roscoe36

I thought it was pretty good. Interesting to see all of those really old guys that HQ is on a first name basis with. :pound:

Buddhatrain looks good for his age. Dave Bing is a very classy guy.

This was a special night. I was totally bummed that Worm didn't make it, that was a big reason I was pumped up to watch.

Btw, Mr. D don't look so good. I've been really critical of him in the past, but I hope he's gunna be ok.
  6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Been a busy couple days for him... but your right he didn't look great, but glad he could be there. Did he do anything on monday for the hall of fame? that might have been part of why he was looking worn down.
  7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, noticed that too. He seems to have taken a pretty big step down healthwise from last season.

I thought the ceremony was pretty good, other than those awful jackets and that goofy pass the ball around the court thing at the end. That Dave Bing is a pretty classy guy.

Oh, and what in the world is going on with Gene Shue's hair. He was never what you might call stylish, but still... The Tripuka semi-mohawk also gets an honorable mention for worst haircut.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Zeke speach was heart felt and it appeared that he was more of a Piston than some of the Pistons on the tean now...definitely more DNA and I would take him over Billups in a heartbeat for my pistons starting guard.

I agree that since it appears the he is a lameduck coach in NY, he should be brought back home in some capacity even if it is just push Mr. D's wheel chair around .....seriously though give him something to do and make him feel wanted in a winning organization
  9. max

max All-Star

I liked and appreciated how warmly Piston fans welcomed Isiah back. Even the reporters were throwing him softballs after the game.

If thanking and showing respect to Davidson was the main theme then making Isiah still feel appreciated someplace was the sub-theme.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That's because it's Wednesday. The entire Pistons org doesn't look good on Wednesday. :pound:
  11. LA Dre

Around the pistons org, its known as "woeful Wednesdays"

I need to get the Low to see what the Vegas odds are for next Wednesdays game vs the Cavs and bet the house against the Pistons and make a mint:)
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah they said that was the 1st game he attended all season
  13. Superstarov

Can Zeke still leave the State of New York? I was surprised he was there.

:pound:
  14. roscoe36

Isiah is like one of those friends, they talk a lot of crap, but you care about them anyway.

Today's age of hyper-cynicism hasn't been kind to Zeke, but IMO, he has been and continues to be the best Exec in the Raptors' short history, and a solidly average head coach (which was Flip Saunders' reputation prior to coming to Detroit).

Mark Aguirre's one handed shots were a huge favorite of mine as a kid, it pains me to see him always so expressionless and sober.

I like what Joe is doing now, bringing Curry and Hunter into the org., and with Horn and Laimbs with the Shock, the Pistons/Palace are digging the foundation of their franchise even deeper.
  15. roscoe36

16. LA Dre

This is why I think Mr. D should save face and give Zeke a job somewhere in the org, maybe he can work with Stuckey and AA to help further develop their games:stirthepot:
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Would Zeke be able to accept being under Joe D? I dunno. I love Zeke, but the dude has an ego.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

I just put a similar comment in the green room thread. Great minds....lol
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

My observation of the ceremony is that Kelly Tripucka looks JUST like White Goodman (Ben Stiller's character in that Dodgeball Movie

[​IMG]