1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

3rd qtr woes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Q's on the right track. Humor is the only way to go at this point.

source

2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Most certainly. This is a very small shout toward the mixture of perception.

Ramblings:

Player's are giants and the one-eye (agents) who direct them.

Bigness, along with the mediocre state, have no suffering and despair.

Revelations of the foot-print world are all intensity and the result of having experience as a "there".

The singular David (in a Nietzsche phrase) never comprehended, "the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws".

In the end, nothing is left but giants, the whole realm of power turns inward without no goodbyes.

O, it is excellent
    To have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous
    To use it like a giant.

Shakespeare
    Measure for Measure (II ii)

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Vs Tor last night we finally won a 3rd qtr (by 2 points) thanks to a late triple by T-Mac, small but important because we were able to take a 9 point lead into the 4th qtr and fight off the Raps for a much needed victory. Q deserves credit for tweaking the rotation in the 2nd qtr to achieve this.

One problem we've had in the 3rd is that we come out flat, the starters have all complained that it was a result of sitting almost the whole 2nd qtr, then through halftime. Q shortened the amount of time the bench played in the 2nd qtr to allow the starters to come back into the game and they looked a whole lot better in the 3rd qtr. To make up for a short 2nd qtr Ben Gordon stint (where he seemed to have his stroke going) Bengo got all the minutes at SG in the 4th qtr. Will this work moving forward, we shall see!

4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

We won this third quarter on the backs of McGrady and Stuckey.

We nearly lost it in the fourth, opting to not play Stuckey at all.

Coincidence?

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd say so. They were -2 in the first 11 minutes of the 4th quarter without Stuckey and -1 in the last minute with Stuckey. Our burn rate was slightly better without him. :sssh:

Stuck was breakeven for the game and we had 6 players in the positive. Will Bynum led the way with a +9 to completely bail out the team.

6. Brap

Brap Starter

I love Monroe. I also think Daye's going to be a big time player. And JJ, as long as comes back healthy, is a terrific rotation player with some real upside.

I'm now reserving judgment on Stuckey. In his 4th year, he's in his 4th totally different role and/or system, and all this with his third coach. Is he a PG or a SG or both? Right now, who the hell knows. He's been jerked around way too much to know his best role - we don't even know for god's sake if he's best as a starter or off the bench. He SHOULD be a heck of a player. Now I just am not sure if he will be.

So, I'm down to 3 guys on the team I'm really certain will be core guys on a top team. That kindof pisses me off. We might have mishandled Stuckey. Can he rise above it? Time will tell.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

C'mon Brap, I am counting on you. Say it man, just say it. It's like he's still a rookie, the poor guy.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two third quarter wins in a row with tonights win. If they are able to put together 2-3 more 3rd wins next week, then time to close this thread...:)

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :pound::pound::pound:

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope Stuckey gets invited to the Rookie/Sophomore game this year. He has been snubbed too many times. He deserves it.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

LOL.. Stuck actually played a very good game in his lone visit to that game as a sophomore. He was diming to Durant that entire game... must have been nice to experience life in Russell Westbrook's shoes for one game.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

:winner_first_h4h: :greenapple::greenapple: :djparty::dancingparty::closed_2: :lock1::lock1:

or what?