5 things you liked against Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 14, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

• Darko only being 1 board off a double double in only 18 minutes of play.
    • Outrebounding the Bucks 53-36. Seems like those rebounding drills flip talked about worked.:thumb:
    • Another day of good assists. We had 24. Many teams thinks 20+ assists is very good.
    • Tayshaun being more aggressive than in Bulls game, 5-10 for 10 points.
    • Not cracking under pressure after we got down by 9. We easily came back and won the game. Also Sheed didn't score much (4 points), but he passed really well.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

(1) Darko-period.
    (2) Mo Evans' toughness.
    (3) Chauncey, still knowing how to pick his spots.
    (4) Ben's Energy.
    (5) AJ, I just like the kid. I really do see the next Shawn Marion in a few years.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

AJ v. Shawn Marion

Yeah, don't they both have hideous-looking form? Blaha (or maybe it was John Long) mentioned that AJ's shot didn't look too pretty.

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

1. darko 10 pts, 9 boards, 2 blocks in 18 minutes. also good interview after the game. he was asked about lb and didn't take the oppurtunity to take a shot at lb. shows some maturity.

2. maurice evans baseline dunk from a standstill. he's got me excited about our bench this year.

3. ben wallace. looking like this is going to be a great year for ben.

4. chauncey billups. during that 3rd quarter run hit those couple of threes in a row to erase the mil lead.

5. carlos arroyo showing he's more than just a passer.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Just working off of the reviews and recaps here.

1. J-Max
    2. Acker - 3 assists in limited time
    3. Day making a case to be the next cut, allowing our keepers to get more run
    4. J-Max
    5. J-Max

I'm pretty excited about J-Max and the player he could develop into. He's not just tough. He's aggressive and can put the ball into the hoop. I think comparisons to Ben or Barkley may be premature. This kid might be something we have never seen before. A hybrid similar to how Darko is a hybrid big man.

6. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

5 things

Working off reviews and recaps as well:

1. Darko - from jail onto the court and produces, even if it's a preseason game.

2. The Rookies - sounds like we have a great three over here especially Jmax and Amir. Acker from the recaps hasn't shown a shooting touch but you gotta appreciate his ball distribution in limited time.

3. Ben - showing Bogut how it is to play with the big boys.

4. Chauncey - we have another leader on the court aside from Ben and picks his spots well.

5. The Pistons - responded to some in-game scolding well and not giving up on the game, 9 points down.

Pretty excited about the season already. I don't care how we finish the preseason; we'll be using it for tuneups and showcasing our steals of the draft. :nod:

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

1. j-max just *abusing* anyone who came in the post
    2. ben showing bogut what life's going to be like in the nba :)
    3. chauncey showing he can still take over a game when he wants to, even though preseason is 'hard to get up for'
    4. darko's near double-double
    5. the quick response after the timeout when being down by 9

8. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

5 things I liked

+ I liked this one but would not if we were further into the season: Chauncey just flat turning it on big-time when we needed it. Three triples in just a couple of minutes.
    + Darko's near double in only such a short time. Add to that the blocks and a ton of altered or discouraged shots. And a pretty classy interview.
    + Ben coming into games just like it is the playoffs already. That save from going out of bounds leading to a bucket.
    + I like the reactions of the starters when the bench does good things
    + I like the players acting on what Flip says and does, and his reactions to the things going on without the histrionics.

I think we are going to have a better start :laugh: than we have had in recent seasons which might pay off in great positioning in the playoffs.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I just checked out the highlights of the game if any of you couldn't see that game (I know micro and motown couldn't) go to nba.com, and in the top right corner you'll see a picture of Ben, and Pistons win under his picture. Just click that and you'll see some nice plays.

I'm really liking our scoring. A lot of our guys are missing shots they usually make, but we still shoot 46. Come midseason we'll be really good.

10. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

This one is easy

1. Darko is looking good
    2. JMax is looking good
    3. Darko is looking good
    4. JMax is looking good
    5. Did I mention that Darko & JMax are looking good

The future is BRIGHT!!!

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

5 things

I couldn't watch the game either, so this is based on the recaps.

1. JMax
    2. Darko playing well. Especially the blocks.
    3. Jmax
    4. Ben playing strong.
    5. The impression that we may be in for another shot swatting, ball hawking, no fly zone enforcing, rebounding juggernaut this season!

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

number 6

I just watched the highlight reel at NBA.com. Number 6 has to be the fact that everyone here has complained about the Passive Prince dissapearing during the game, but he still had 4 or 5 plays on the highlight reel. I am geeked about the possibility of this being Prince's (2nd) breakout year, and maybe an invite to the allstar game.

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Mo Evans dunking from a standing position

JMax is the beast from the East, he may be a short 4, but the man has

skillz and intimidation to boot.

Chauncey quickly erasing a nine point deficit

Flip smiling on the sidelines because he realizes he has a gem of a team

Few turnovers in a new offense

Defensive effort

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

number 7

Charlie Bell in the NBA. I sure liked those flintstones.

15. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I only saw the first half but I really liked Ben's intensity level for a pre-season game which rubs off on everyone else.J-Max looked physical when he was in there knocking some flesh around.Arroya's shooting looked good in the first half don't know how he finished but if he keeps that added to his playmaking off the bench wow!

Darko with another decent performance.Last but not least maybe not all the offensive sets are in but we look ahead of the curve so far which bodes well for a good start out of the blocks.

16. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

1. Flip calling a timeout (i felt like lb waited to long sometimes) and his new team responding.

2. I love Wallace X 2. This will be Sheeds best year IMO.

3. Rookies (I know J Max is ready now but I see these other two being good players in the near future.

4. Darko improving on the boards. He may not be up to the #2 player status yet but he can be a beast off the bench and ready to shine about the time Ben is winding down (2-3 years).

5. Mo Evans Period. Yes I questioned Joe this off season but it just shows why he is the NBA's best front office guy and I post on Piston's Forum.