6 Championship Drive

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 19, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

For all you Naysayers out there. The Palace will soon add another championship to their address.

How many teams besides the Lakers, Bulls, and Celtics can say that they have more than one, two or three championships.

Since Joe D has been involved with the Pistons as a player and coach, there are three Pistons banners hanging from the season and 6 conference finals appearances.

I am pretty sure that the Maloofs, Grunfield and Pollian, Jordan and a host of others would love to have the type of success/run that we have had over the past decade.

The Pistons will rise again, it's no doubt in my mind. We are poised for another major run, we will come back stronger than before.

I wish Curry the best even though I am opposed to him remaining the Pistons coach. If this is to be, I am praying and holding out hope that he has learned from his coaching debacle from last year, watched film and took good notes as well as, taking a crash course in coaching 101.

Since he will be the Pistons coach going forward, I am only hoping for the best for him, and no, Iam not wishing that he fails this year, because if I am adopting this mentality, I might as well cash in my homer card because it makes me a hypocrite.

DEEEETRRRROITTTTT BASKETBALL.
  2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Define soon. I don't consider myself a naysayer but a realist. Realistically, I think it would require alot of luck to get back to overcoming Cleveland "soon". I can remember laughing at Joe Dumars when I had to tell my son who we traded Grant Hill for: some guy I never heard of, Ben Wallace, from a college I never heard of. That doesn't happen too often when you pull a rabbit out of the hat. Pistons are very sick right now. I don't see it happening soon.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I sure didn't see it happening when we got Wallace and that little short pg. I never say never, because I surely didn't see Boston winning a championship last year with a rebuilt roster of 3 old vets, 1 of which is always on the injured list prior to arriving in Boston, (Ray Allen).

Like the movie "Any Given Sunday", I never say should, coulda, or woulda, because you never, ever know in the world of sports. Sometimes things come together when you very least expect it, call me an optimist, oh yeah, I am always optimistic about the pistons.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Armygirl is talking about adding another WNBA Championship banner to the rafters.
  5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Bill Laimbeer has been involved in five of the six. If there was no Lambs, would it still be

'1 Championship Drive' ?
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good point lazy. I never thought about that before...
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Didn't he do some broadcast work during the '04 season?
    ...technically not "involved" but he might have received a ring.
  8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Maybe we should make him involved next year by GIVING HIM THE HEAD COACH POSITION!
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

GO AG!!!!! :whoo:
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep because Laimbeers current team (the definding champs) could make it 7 Championship Drive before the new and improved? Pistons hit the floor in October.
  11. Darth Tater

I always felt that they should have counted the Detroit Viper's championship season. :stirthepot::sssh::)

Yeah, it was the minor leagues, but weren't they closer to what the NHL Red Wings were than the Shock were close to the NBA Pistons. (OK, arguably the Shock were pretty close in talent to THIS year's Piston's team...uhmmm, no offense to the...Shock.:MusicBigGrin::yellowprison:).
  12. LA Dre

The Shock could probably beat that Piston team that [STRIKE]played[/STRIKE] scrimmaged the Cavs three weeks ago. .:stirthepot:
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You might as well if you're gonna hang Detroit Shock banners in the rafters and include their championship total in the address.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I recently mailed a bunch of suggestions, rotations etc. to Joe Dumars and Mike Curry but addressed it to 5 Championship Drive. Does anyone know if my stuff will still get there? Thanks in advance for any help.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

True story, I wrote the Lions in 1995, and asked them to look at the Calgary Stampeders' Jeff Garcia as a developmental QB. It was a 3 page hand written letter, including my ideas about the draft and so forth.

The Lions were 2-4 when I sent the letter. They finished the season 10-6.

Bill Ford Jr. wrote me a signed personalized note back. I think I have lost that, but prior to PF.com, it was my most important piece of fan memorabilia.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You should work this into your posts more if you're hyping a young player who's not getting any time. You not only discover Garcia, but you rallied the current team by threatening job security.
  17. LA Dre

A new employee at the local post office in Auburn Hills who just moved to the area from over seas will not recognize the address and will put it in the dead letter bin.

It will be discovered in April and then mailed to right address and once opened, Joe will acknowledge that if he had received this data before the season started they would have made the playoffs and Curry would still have his job....:MusicBigGrin:
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Stamps discovered Garcia. They let the greatest QB in league (CFL) history walk to Toronto (Doug Flutie) once they knew what they had on their hands. I got hip to Garcia after everyone in the CFL knew he was very good.

I was fairly confident those boneheads at Allen Park didn't have a FA like Garcia on their radar.

That's why I am sympathetic to the European and South American fans pimping Rubio or another Euro player. There are a lot of good players we never get to see play in the NBA or NCAA.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Speaking of the CFL, former Lions QBs and autographs. I won an autographed Mike McMahon 8x10 photo for winning some contest once.

I'm selling it for 10 cents at a garage sale next week if anyone is interested.
  20. Darth Tater

Depends. 10 cents Canuckian?