$60 million man has no points, rebounds

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 25, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

7 year rebounding streak ends for Wallace as he gets 0 rebounds and 0 points in Sixers 123-108 win.

Wallace's performance a huge zero on ChicagoSports.com
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Eat it up bballjay.

I'm willing to admit that Ben is definitely not himself anymore in a Chicago uniform. Its really sad to see. I'm going to have to start watching the games more to see what is causing so much inconsistency this year in Ben's performance. He wasn't alone in having an uncharacteristically poor game yesterday. Gilbert Arenas was horrendous. 3 points and he played the entire game.
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

is it safe to call it a decline yet???
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:pound: :stirthepot: :nerd2: :MusicBigGrin: :gun1: :sssh:
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

I think Ben has earned the right to have a bad game once in a while...don't you think?
  6. MotownPride

I have to admit...that is funny. :pound:
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw it since I have him on my fantasy- team. Absolutely crazy, this ain't our Big Ben no more. Maybe it was about the right time for him to believe.
    Everyone is allowed to have bad games and Ben is still good- but a game like that would've never happened to his ol' self. I'll keep the old Ben in my memory, with incredilbe leap ability, hustle, power and grabbing rebounds like there's no tomorrow. This season, he's been as inconsistend as never before in his career- his decline started last season but it was excusable, this year I'm glad he's declining somewhere else.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

only 20 minutes?

well that would never have happened if he was still here. Flip would have played him 39 minutes no matter how bad he was playing due to being a starter.

ralphie, i also share your pain fantasy-wise.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

good one webz. I had Big Ben on my fantasy team last year and the stats were less than satisfying. You never think of Wallace as someone to succumb to the curse of the fat payday so we'll see how this season plays out.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The pressure is on Ben W., and we will need a report from Tashawn on how the Chicago media reacts if this team is still struggling a month from now. Hopefully the fingers don't point to him.... Currently they are 3-9 (tied with 3 other teams with the worst record) and the unproud owners of a 6 game losing streak:help2:
  11. max

max All-Star

In all fairness though. Ben's previous game was 16 boards ( 12 offensive ) with 5 blocks. They still lost. Even if he plays well he will still take heat since he was brought in to get them over the top. Its a risk all players take when they jump ship for another team.
  12. webz

Yeah, not to mention Ben is battling through that bicep injury right now. Ouch!
  13. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

I'm willing to admit that Ben is definitely not himself anymore in a Chicago uniform. Its really sad to see.

Yes, it really is sad to see Motown. I dont know Ben like you guys do, but have seen him in a few games and when Bulls played Spurs last week he really looked down, looked like he did not want to be there, he didnt have his intimidating scowl or swagger. Yes, it was sad to see. Hope for his sake, not the Bulls, that he can handle it. I would like to see the old Ben get out of his slump, or whatever it is.
  14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This would have been a productive game for Darko
  15. MotownPride

lmao. :pound:

That's my bro!
  16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Did anyone start a "$60 Million man earning every dollar" thread?
  17. G-man

G-man Starter

Motown Pride;
    "I'm willing to admit that Ben is definitely not himself anymore in a Chicago uniform. Its really sad to see. I'm going to have to start watching the games more to see what is causing so much inconsistency this year in Ben's performance."

He woke up and found himself in Chicago Mo..
    Holy Pippen headaches Batman. He died and went to hell.
    Coach Skiles makes Larry Browns screaming sound like your sweet granny at a holiday family event.

Before this story ends, Big Ben ends up clocking Skiles azz, then gets traded. Mark it.
  18. max

max All-Star

No. I am only going to point out the bad news over there.
  19. webz

Ben's pride may be the reason for this setback. Yes thats right. I can't help but think this injury is hurting his game more than he is letting on. Ben was never one to make excuses about injuries and miss games. He prides himself on his body more than anything and may have put himself out on the floor when he probably shouldn't have.
    The Bulls coaching staff admitted as much saying he should have missed games due to his bicep injury. But Ben being Ben played anyway.
    Ben's game is probably affected more than any other player in the league if playing injured. Shooters can still play through injuries due to the nature of their game - hanging out on the perimeter and spotting up, but if your game is built on defense and hustle and throwing your body into the mix constantly, the difference is going to be much more noticeable.
    I find it laughable that one can 'decline' that much in a couple of games, and anyone suggesting that is off their rocker!
    Its safe to say that once over this injury Ben will be back in a big way. He might have taken the money, but Ben is not the kind of guy to pull a Dampier. He has waaay to much pride for that.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:rofl: :rofl: