$60 million man has no points, rebounds

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

An injury would suggest why he isn't producing. Dude needs to sit out for a minute. he deserves it.

2. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

no way my main man darko now gets plenty of boards and gets duble digit points all the time

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I look forward to seeing him on All-Star Weekend

....serving hot dogs

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I was gonna bring this up also... just as it's hard to blame Sheed for the playoffs... you should not judge a man with a gimp.
    Nobody plays thru injuries better than the fro... even at his own detriment.
    Let's not be too coy until we show we can beat the Bulls and big Ben.
    I do think he is over matched physically by heavier centers... it's inevitable that his legs will give out.

5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

At least he still the lead the league in Offensive Rebounds a game even though he's not in the top 5 in Rebounds a game....

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

G-man

Ya know, you carried a lot more credibility with the Belushi avatar lol

Ben might take a shot he could make :)

7. G-man

G-man Starter

Hey Mo..No Belushi for U today...:) (instead you get the Chongman)

Skiles and Ben are like vinegar and oil. But you're right, the next bell that tolls could be the one Skiles hears in his head right after ben thumps him.

The 60M is all the average Chicago fan thinks about in regards to signing Ben. In Detroit we built a team around his unique if limited natural talent. In Chicago he's an appendage strapped to a team already built.

His limited capabilities are exposed if he doesn't get his 30 minutes and his coach (never a patient teacher) doesn't know how to use him effectively. The cat just needs to play, his snag numbers will grow if they leave him alone.

No doubt Skiles has a very itchy trigger finger and it will probably keep Ben from getting his groove back unless Paxson leans heavily on the Coach..

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Skiles is the closest comparison to LB that Ben will ever see. IMO...Ben loved LB cuz he let him 'free his Brahma'. Skiles sitting Ben will work it's course. Look for Ben to have some monster games in the next week or two. I think Ben respects Skiles as a coach...something Ben could not see his way to with Flip.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:pound:

Speaking about the all star break I hope all of the former best starting 5 make it, and do great. Chauncey should make it, Rip has done extremely well, Sheed is averaging a double double, Tay is stepping up. I think it could happen as long as Ben doesn't keep sucking. It's unfortunate because there is no doubt in my mind he would still be doing good if he was in Detroit.

10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If the headband issue went down as reported by McCoskey, (Ben asked Skiles is there anything he needs to know, then after he signed the contract, told him about the no-headband-rule) that would be something that could trigger a loss of respect.

11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

sounds like excuses.

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Which Darko are you watching Watcher? Because it sure isn't the same one that I have on my fantasy team.

Surely you aren't talking about that backup on Orlando. That guy only has 5 double digit point games this season out of 14. As for rebounds, he's yet to grab more than 8 in a game this season and is averaging 5.4 so far.

13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Dude but the stats don't show how impressive those 5.4 rebounds are...he boxed out and everything.

14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

True enough. My bad. I can admit when I'm wrong.

I should know by now that the stats don't tell the whole story with Darko. Its all the intangibles he brings to a team.

Like his passion, heart, loyalty, dedication, never-say-die attitude, his "pre-season, garbage time or finals, I play hard no matter what" mentality. His ability to grow a mustache. His many hair styles.

THOSE are the things that win championships. Not meaningless stats like points, rebounds, etc. Save that stuff for the guys that have something to prove.

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

LMAO ! :pound:

16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Having watched the Chicago game recently, it doesn’t take too much perception to observe that Ben was running through the motions (or shall we say the coach directed playbook): run up toward right/left wing, set post and curl appropriately. I’ve seen more activity and motion offense from a Japanese robotic conference.

Skiles will never be able to use Ben and Skiles will never be a winner, because he can’t relate and understand player motivation. Skiles (why can’t everyone be more like me with my great internal motivation) has at best 1-2 more years in Chicago, no matter have many lottery picks they get.

Ben, the 60 millionaire man, will be traded at the end of the year (sucker born every minute) and that will be that. The size of his biceps will have nothing to do with it, or perhaps, maybe it will.

The months of December and January will be a feeding frenzy for the Chi beat writers…Christmas notwithstanding.

17. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

it's funny. now the the chicago press has no love for ben they have no problem airing how much of a malcontent he is. dude is a headcase. lol. in the news they say it looks like chicago is going to get him more touches on offense to jumpstart his defense. lol. a true headcase.

18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If they do make it, do you think the coach of the Eastern Conference play them together and kick the Western's Conference All Stars' butts? I certainly hope so.

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was looking at Ben's All-Star statline from last year and it is classic.

8 REBS
    2 AST
    3 BLK
    2 STL

And who can forget him blocking Pau Gasol?

He definitely had a down year last season, but the All-Star block on Gasol and the ECF block on Shaq are forever etched on my mind.

20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, anyone who has a problem with management and team direction is a headcase.... Unless of course, you agree with them, bballjay. Then they are a visionary. Heard it all before Mr. Double standard.

For the record, I think Ben should have taken off the stupid head/wrist bands and played. Bad move by him although I have a soft spot for folks who aren't afraid to stand up to management. I think we need to pick our battles. Arguing over head/wrist bands with your coach hurts your position down the line when you discuss something that really matters. No doubt Ben's skills are declining, although I still firmly believe that he will turn it around this season and still be one of the top 5 defensive players in the league. I'm in agreement with the last couple of posts that say that it will be difficult for Ben to find a system that really caters to his strengths the way the old Pistons philosophy did. Ben's performance in this new environment will definitely speak to his Hall of Fame worthiness. We will get a glimpse as to how much of Ben's prominence was based on Detroit's system and how much was Ben's raw ability. Ultimately, I think he will pass the test. I will however admit that this is a perspective groomed from watching several years of dedicated service from the afro'd one. He's earned my loyalty and faith.

The Ben we see in Chicago's uniform is not the Ben we grew to know and love. He is underperforming as a leader and as a player. That is my honest take. He'll turn it around though because thats what Ben does best. He is a hard worker. I will never bet against that type of personality when it counts.