7:30PM Nov4 Memphis at Detroit

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 4, 2006.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I'm not worried about it this year. We've got max there now, and I feel like we don't lose that much with him on the floor. We lose some perimeter shooting and crunch time experience, but we gain a big time inside threat. Even if it did cost us 3 or 4 games (a stretch), it's still not a huge deal. This team doesn't need the HCA and all of the praise that comes with it. It inflates their egos and makes them lazy. Let Sheed yell.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't think he will cost the Pistons any games. Off the bench you need something different to force the opponent to adjust. Maxiell does that.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Just wish the starters would actually respect what JMax brings to the table. It seems as if when he's out there with the starters they just want him to set picks. A few times I've seen him in the post with good position with a smaller/weaker guy guarding him, only to be looked off and have the ball reverse sides.....man that sucks. This team has alot of work to do, an I hope they realize it. This team can get back to the championship if they drop the Deee-Troit Basket-Baall mantra and get back to the Goin' To Work mantra. I know you can't win games 75-69 anymore, but each night we can make a conscious effort to go out there and OUT-WORK the opposition.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

For the most part some of the biggest complaints were addressed in this game... bench PT... not just settling for 3's (attempted apprx 12).... using Sheed primarily in the post and better defensive rotations.
    On the negative side Sheed still seems lazy defending the P&R... he tends to float outside instead of colapsing back inside.... the other thing I didn't like was some of the unesseary double teams leaving players open on the perimeter.
    Flip Jr can improve his creds if he can keep driving and dishing like he did last night... much needed feature in our offense.
    Nazr has passed the initial test... damn it's nice to see an inside game (Sheed included)... still want to see CB posting smalls more.
    The bench looked pretty good... not great, but we don't need great... the starters were noticably fresher late in the 4th.
    It's ok to give the coaching a little credit.
  5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Keep in mind that Memphis was without two of their big fellas. Gasol and Swift. I believe they "would have" given us a bit more trouble down low. That Warwick kid is the real deal. Gay looked like he's got game as well. Memphis is on the way to building a helluva frontcourt.