7PM Wed Oct 25 Memphis at Detroit

Discussion in 'October 2006' started by max, Oct 23, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I agree. That number is not good at all, especially for a frontcourt.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have some stuff to post on YouTube tonight. I ran outta gas last night.
  3. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I'm pretty sure that was Blaylock who threw the oop, not Lindsey. I agree Amir was amazing. He was the bright spot in a very lackluster game. His blocks started to look automatic.
  4. roscoe36

I hope we aren't already taking Max for granted. After a slow start, I thought he had a furious finish. He took 2 charges (only got 1 call), ran the floor and started to show some touch on jumpers.
  5. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

hey... I think you might be right. I do just expect him to come in, kick butt, and take names. I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing - -taking him for granted. It's sort of a compliment.

My pennance: Free the Brahma!
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I missed every preseason game except part of the Washington one. From the little I saw, Blaylock was impressive. One thing for sure, you can't teach speed and quickness. He seems to come fully stocked with those. If he can really produce at the NBA level some this season, that would be a nice change of pace from the plodder.
  7. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

You're right KGreg, this really is what our bench has lacked since we lost guys like Corliss, Jon Barry, Mike James, etc. Lindsay's the only guy we've had that really brings a spark off the bench for us now.

We need some guys that come in and immediately create a mismatch problem for the opponent. A sub needs to bring long-range shooting, physicality, size, quickness, ability to draw fouls, dribble penetration, defensive tenacity, energy, something unique that changes the tone of the game.

This is what LB had in our championship year - the ability to bring these type of assets off the bench. Dyess has been a solid contibutor, but he doesn't really bring any unique qualities.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oops, it probably was blaylock. it was definitely a sweet pass.

on a sidenote, i had a dream last night that i was at the pistons game, but since there were so few people there they started collapsing the stands like a high school gym, and i was on the floor behind the basket with a bunch of people just standing around. no one was cheering or anything. then since it was so lackluster, both teams walked off the court with 1:30 left in the game!! haha. then i was randomly by the door where the pistons were leaving, and i saw lindsey hunter and asked where his car shop on mound was. i told him i might bring my vette in to get work done on it, then he started telling me he liked his vette but wanted to trick out an impala. yeah. heh.
  9. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I'm probably on thin ice here, but here goes...

I hope we're not already taking Delfino for granted. After some up and down shooting performances, he still handles the ball and runs the floor well (he even took a charge in transition), and has shown some touch on jumpers.
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I am a delfino supporter but he NEEDS to get more consistent. Hopefully more PT will help with that.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Well there's a first... Carlos was getting too many minutes :pound:
  12. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

My biggest gripe with Delfino has been his aggressiveness. He SLEEPWALKS all too often. He definately has the talent to take over at times (although he is the type who also needs the ball in his hands OFFENSIVELY). Carlos just stands on the 3pt line way too often during most of the offensive sets, it's like he isn't even involved in the game. Whether this is by design, I do not know (ask Flip Saunders, he has Tayshaun doing the same thing). Delfino seems to NEED some sort of a play to get him going (kind of like Sheed getting T'd up). Delfino is DEFINATELY STREAKY but he CAN BE very good when he is on, but he needs MORE INTENSITY. He needs to show more drive and passion. It just seems to me like he is running through the motions (a la Darko last year before he was traded). I think that Delfino NEEDS plays where he is running the offense, NOT FLIP MURRAY. Flip looks for his own shot 8 times out of 10. Delfino is more like 3 out of 10. We need a guy who wants to get our bigs INVOLVED in the paint, Carlos can do that if he isn''t being asked to just hang out and wait for the next available KICKOUT OPEN 3PTER.
  13. dba

Unfortunately at least last year it did seem to be by design. For whatever reason the offense did not make much use of the 3 spot except as a stand still jump shooter - at least until things got desperate and Tay went into the post ten times in a row.

That kind of role doesn't play to the strengths of either Prince or Delfino - one of the reasons Prince had drops in nearly all statistical categories last season. I'm hoping for some changes to the role of the SF in the offense this year.
  14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Delfino running things should be tried out.
  15. dba

For that matter, I think Prince running things ought to be tried out. It worked pretty well last year when Carlos got himself suspended.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Let's try letting JMax bring the ball up the court. That way, the other Pistons can just camp out in their defensive positions on the other end.
  17. roscoe36

I promised some highlights but I am on a different mission now.

YouTube - Need4Sheed

That is courtesy of some Need4Sheed staff member who (not so) cleverly decided to cop my name on YouTube. I'm thinking about registering need4sheed.net and pointing it here in protest. :ohwell:
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

video - good
    fake member - wack
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Sorry about all these wack cats infringin'.

Nice video. Murray, Max, and Johnson. The Pep Boys.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

DARK SIDE, ANYONE?:sssh: