8th Seed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Apr 8, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Any favorites? Chicago just took the spot with a 4 game win streak.

If they hold it then it will be the 1st playoff series with them since the infamous 91 series when the Bulls swept and the Pistons walked off the court with a minute or so left.

I think I would like to see Chicago. Nice old rivalry.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd like the Pistons to play whoever will roll over fastest and easiest. To be honest, I think that Philly would be ripe for the picking.

It's not about regular season rest. It's about resting between playoff series to stay fresh.

Gimme someone we can bully.

3. max

max All-Star

Only problem with the Sixers is AI will be unstoppable for at least one game so its almost impossible to sweep them. I can see the Pistons sweeping the Bulls.

4. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

You might want to see the Pacers who are basically limping in through the back door. They've become softer than Charmin, and it would put an end to the rivalry as we currently know it.

5. max

max All-Star

Pacers frontcourt usually gives the Pistons trouble. They seem to have an endless supply of 7' hacks who's only job seems to be standing under the basket waiting for the offensive board. Very taxing on Ben Wallace.

So I would not expect a sweep in that series. They still have about a 2 game lead for the 7th seed.

Will be kind of strange not playing the Pacers this year. If the seeding stands then the only way would be in the East Finals.

6. linwood

linwood All-Star

They can still rebound with Pollard, O'Neil, Whatsisname, and the other guy.

It's too bad that the Pacers lost Ron. I may be one of the few Pistons fans that wish the Pacers were at full strength (tinsley included), so I could enjoy those nail biting, hard faught games between rivals. From this side of Lake Michigan, the Pacers were the biggest and best villans around for the last 3 years.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I want philly to get 7th seed, and the bulls to get 8th seed.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I want us to face Philly and no one else to. Philly will get eaten alive by any of the top 3 teams. They are in a tailspin. Miami or NJ will destroy Philly quickly and get rest. That's bad for us if Chicago wins one or two games and stretches the series.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I completely agree. Give me the 6ers any day. I'd take Chicago 2nd, but like Micro said, that also means that someone else gets the lame duck 6ers. I think Chicago would battle us more physically than the 6ers would. There's no reason why it shouldn't be a sweep either way, but AI and Co. would be a more restful series.

There is NO WAY I want to play the Pacers. I don't care how injured they are. That team HATES us. It would be a battle all the way. Not the cake walk that a #1 seed should get in the 1st round.

After 2 7 game series last year, we need to finish teams off early and get some rest. Let the other teams go the distance this time around.

10. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

I am hoping for a miracle. ORLANDO. I'd love to silence the freakshow by destroying those guys.

But, for real, Phillie seems like an easy target. I am pretty sure it ain't gonna matter.

Skiles gets under my skin for some reason, so it would be cool to crush the Bulls.

As for Indy, I don't think they would win one game this time. They seem like a team that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Thanks Ronnie. HA HA.

I can barely stand the wait.

11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Does it really matter who we get as the 8th seed?

Any team other than the Bucks. The way they looked the other day it could be a series.

I wanted the Wiz so I could silence co-workers, haters, and lifelong Wiz/Bullets fans here in DC, however, it doesn`t look like they will fall down to the 8th seed.......damn.

We would sweep Chicago because they will be whipped by playing so hard just to get in.

Philly`s season would be over in 5 games - hey, it`s the playoffs and AI is good for 35-40 and a win, even against the Pistons.

Whoever is the 8th seed dispose of them quickly, and quietly!

12. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I agree with you.

13. max

max All-Star

Bulls are the easiest target. Philly? Easy yes but AI probably will help his team pull out at least one win.

Orlando would be the most entertaining but too much drama. Perhaps to the point of being an emotional drain. I can see a sweep with the team being asked about Darko, Arroyo, Did Dumars make a mistake - blah blah.

Chic would be the easiest target. Who cares what Skiles says.

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

we're 4-0 against chicago this year, and although they play us tough at times, we own them. they have no big men and our guards are better. if playoff mode, if they have an off shooting night we win by 30. otherwise by 15.

chicago or philly are fine with me - i don't see us dropping a game to either of them. orlando won't make the playoffs, but we'd kill them too. i want pacers with the 6th seed - they can play the nets tough. that means i want milwaukee with the 7th seed, as i think they can give the heat loads of problems, especially with michael redd and bobby simmons playing so well.

15. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Philly or chicago, doesn't matter. 4 or 5 game series for both teams. I'd actually prefer chicago, because the odds that webber and AI can win 1 game is pretty high.

Indy MUST MUST MUST get the 7th seed. The chances Indy could take miami to 6 games is pretty high. Possibly an upset if they can pull it together but they do look like they are falling apart. Even so, Pacers have a history of crushing Miami.

16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Philadelphia is more likely to win a game than Chicago, but would be a much easier series.

The Bulls have heart. They play dirty, which could cause injuries or technical fouls. The Sixers have Iverson but are gutless and soft, and will fold if you give them a chance.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Although I am not worried about it and neither should the Pistons, the most embarrassing situation would be the Magic rolling into the playoffs with some 10 game win streak and facing the Pistons. ....They hype would be so high, the pressure would automatically fall on the Pistons especially if the magic stole a game at the Palace. Now I am not saying this is going to happen, but the Magic only have one heavy hitter remaining on their schedule, the Spurs. The remaining five teams they can beat since they have taken care of the Pistons, Heat and Mavs over the last week.

Speaking of which, since they did take ou the Heat in Miami, maybe they run the table an get the 7th spot if the Pacers and Sixers continue to fade, and then take out Miami in the first round.:laugh:

18. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Let me be the first to say, the Pistons will be undefeated at the Palace in the playoffs, and for the remainder of the regular season for that matter.