A bunch of pampered babies

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 7, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

'A bunch of pampered babies'
    Jazz owner rips team -- after 90-85 win over Magic

"They are a bunch of pampered babies," Miller told the media. "We need some guys with some guts and some fire down the stretch. It wouldn't hurt me to turn over all 15 guys, but the trading deadline has passed and there's nothing we can do."

Jazz owner upset again, this time after a victory
    by Tim Buckley
    Deseret Morning News

They blew a lead that had stood at 20 points late in the third quarter, and darn near lost to a terrible Eastern Conference team that has lost six straight and 18 of its last 20 games.

No wonder the Jazz sounded as if they had lost after beating Orlando 90-85 Monday night at Delta Center, doing so under a bizarre set of circumstances that included owner Larry H. Miller meeting with upper management on the floor late in the fourth quarter.

"That's what's tough," point guard Milt Palacio said. "It doesn't even feel like a win."

[​IMG]

Soft like Jello, the man known as Memo!

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I guess this is the opposite of the moral victory...it's the moral defeat. When you beat a really bad team but not by enough points to feel good about it.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, this is the guy who boycotted his own team for several weeks earlier this year. He's really (overly) involved and needs to attend anger management classes or something.

I remember the fans and local papers basically credited the first Utah victory over Detroit to Miller's decision to attend that game. I'm sitting in the Utah stands and more attention is focused on him then on the team upsetting the Pistons. Go figure.:ohwell:

I personally think he is ticked because he was complaining so long about Boozer faking his injury. Now Boozer is back and after Miller's self- perceived "patience", things still aren't going the way he would like. He seems like a big spoiled brat to me. Silver spoon & all that "jazz"

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

He better be careful or he's gonna scare away the white FAs also....
    Only tough Mormons need to apply.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sure enough is a lot of anger out there in the land of milk and honey. Jerry seems ready to pop his cork at the slightest provocation and the owner doesn't seem much more stable.

Of course, if I lived in Utah where you can't even get a beer on Saturday night...