A Message From Joe Dumars

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Despite not making a major move this past summer, Joe Dumars still believes the Pistons have what it takes to win a Championship.

PISTONS: Back to Work

2. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

He's right about everyone being shocked about his announcement about trading players but I still don't understand why everyone was so eager for a "superstar" or someone with some higher importance to come in and change our franchise. I know for a fact that Joe wasn't going to throw away his whole starting line-up for one person and end up in a worst jam than what we had before. I like the players that we have on our team, even though we might not have been to the Finals in awhile, I still believe this team can get it done this year.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Michael Curry for Flip Saunders move may end up being all we need. Only time will tell.

4. max

max All-Star

I think our biggest issue is going to be with our frontcourt. We have a lot of depth but no one on it stands out as being able to give you over 10 pts a game besides Sheed and no one 10+ boards. Amir is showing promise of replacing some of the interior D that we lost with Ben though.

I am optimistic though, what we have now is a lot better than last year. I only hope Curry sticks with the young guys into the post-season. I think part of what had killed us last year was when Ratliff and Hunter were brought in right before the playoffs started. That seemed to throw off our bench chemistry and sort of gutted the zoo crew. So yes better coaching can be the difference.

its going to be a good season.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dyess is capable of 10and10 if he gets minutes. Especially if he comes off the bench where he's get more shots against worse defenders.

Maxiell can go over 10 ppg too. Amir, probably not in the role he'll be playing. Samb... lucky if he gets 10 minutes per week.

We need rebounding by committee this year. If we can do that, it is almost more difficult to take it away from us in the playoffs.

Shot blocking, help defense, and offensive rebounding seems to be the main strengths for our big men.