A New Flip And A Slimmed Down Rasheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hello Pistons fans, it's been a long time and now I am PUMPED for the Season.

In reading today's DetNews regarding Flip's new approach and Rasheed losing 25 pounds and is in great shape, this is indeed god news.

But moreso than the above, I really like the fact that Rasheed and Flip have spent all summer building their relationship and camraderie with one another. Flip also appears to be very motivated and upbeat and have a semblance of a swagger that I haven't seen before.

How do you all feel about this new relationship, especialy the hiring of some new assistant coaches especially when you look at Flip's relationship with ex-pistons assistant?

Will the hiring of Curry et. al. make the Pistons a better team defensively?
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ok..so now McCrapsky says it's Sheed's fault for making the other Pistons not listen to Saunders? Is that why Tay was ducking to get out of the way? Because Sheed told him to?

I can't stand that guy sometimes...well, all the time.

...oh, and the "Playbook" has been rewritten....I can't wait.

I apologize AG, but maybe it's just how McCrapsky writes. I can't share the same enthusiasm when this guy goes out of his way to write as if Saunders has done a perfect coaching job since he's been here.

Personally, I think Curry was a poor defender himself. I'm not sure if there's anything he could bring to the table defensively. I'd be more excited if someone gave Rodman (yes it's crazy) an asst. position to teach some guys defensively.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We know what our goal is each season, this year, it's to make the ECF. That's all that matters. Slimmed down, mutual friendship, life changing experiences, just more propaganda.

I'll believe it when I see the results.

Saunders is on a short leash.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Way to go, Low and Roscoe, rain on Armygirl's parade. I think the real reason she is pumped is because Jarvis Hayes is now a Piston. The infusion of youth on this year's Piston squad should make this a fun season.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Come on guys, it's been a long wait since any Pistons bball or any news whatsoever on the Pistons front.

It's time to get the lead out and enjoy some Pistons ball. It ain't that bad hopefully.

I am not a fan of Flip by any means, that doesn't mean I won't put up my pistons screensaver on my computer, stop reading this forum, refuse to buy tickets and boycott all pistons games until Flip is fired, not stand up and cheer when the pistons score and refusing to tell the world I am a PISTONS FAN forever.

You got to take the bitter with the sweet my dears, life is a bowl of cheeries, that doesn't mean it's not at least 1 or 2 nasty ones somewhere in the bunch.

Love ya'll and GO PISTONS.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We'll have to see how Sheed responds and how the team plays. It is good that Joe has been involved more, usually anything he gets involved in pays dividends.
  7. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I'm really glad to see / read that JoeMars is taking an active role in planning (with Flip) how each guy will be used.

I'm happy to see details of how significant the Saunders / Sheed rift really was, instead of the BS company line of there being no fire despite all of the billowing smoke.

Glad to see that Dumars has removed Flips last Timberwolf coaching buddy. It signals a true change in defensive philosophy, which was Kevin Wilson's specialty.
  8. roscoe36

That's my brother The Low...

and that's you Big Sis.

:MusicBigGrin:
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Bitter?

I'm just strong....(see Coffee)
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good to have ya back AG to get us pumped for the new season. I'm still not flipping for Flip either and hope that this team will overcome his coaching and twitching.

Looks like Flip is one assistant coach short and wanted to pay Kevin Wilson's $100K salary out of his pocket. I am sure that many of you are qualified for that position and should apply directly to Flip. :)
  11. roscoe36

Assistant's have to make more than $100k. I'm pretty sure Chuck Daly made more than $100k as an assistant coach with Philly in the early 80s.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought the same...I am sure Kevin's new job has to pay substantially more that too. Maybe Flip was just keeping him around for advice and for a paultry $100K it may have been the wrong advice. Maybe it's good that he is gone as he is probably the one whispering in Flips ear, "play the starters, play the starters" :nerd2:
  13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Please replace flip as coach. He is a complete loser. We all know sheed is a bit crazy, but give me a break. If I hear about that stupid playbook again, i will throw up. He was never the right choice to coach the Pistons. Just reading the article gave me further proof that he is not the coach for the Piston. What a waste of three years. Hopefully, sheed will shut his mouth and never challenge him again.
  14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Was he a coach or part of Flip's entourage?

Seems like a lot of these moves, like Joe getting involved, Flip working with the players, revamping the book, having a plan to develop the youth, should have happened 2 years ago.
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Team is selling a NEW product this season. A new Flip and a slimmed down Sheed is good news. But what about the rest.............We have others who need to pick up their game...............
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Agreed. I'm sick of the new spin they put it on it everywhere. It's not going to work.

And honestly what does it say about the coach when a teammate tells the team he's an idiot, don't listen to him, and the team DOES IT ?

There's no respect there, and w/ this group being so tight-knit, and veterans, they need someone who's philiosophies they agree with, or someone with a strong personality. Flip has neither.

This is the first season i'm actually not going to get LP. I'm just sick of it already. I can't believe Joe D is being so supportive of this guy. I really hope it's just "talk".
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hey AG,

You really put up PISTONS screensaver on your computer? Where you get it? Is it the one that is on detnews couple years ago?
  18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The rest?
    There should be more playing time for AJ and J-Max
    We have two rookies vying for playing time
    We have a legit backup for Tay
    We may see Samb play
    Lots of new stuff for this upcoming season.
  20. roscoe36

It's never a good idea to restore a Captain to a ship that turned mutinous on him before. IIRC, this has happened the last two playoffs.

Better to assign that Captain to a new command. Either the Atlanta Hawks, or the Good Ship Lolly Pop.