A Scenario that would NOT hurt . . maybe.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by RipBillupsRJC, May 18, 2006.

1. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

We shouldn't re-sign Ben. He sucks. I know most of you will yell at me for

saying it, but . . He doesn't make [free thows], and EVERYONE will give up

points on offense. Trade Rasheed for some young talent, or a Chauncey

and 'Sheed trade for some sort of sorta young all-star. Just a suggestion.

Don't re-sign Big Choke Free-Throw I'm the reason we lost to Cleveland

with two minutes left oh I hired a new agent money money hurt the Pistons I couldn't score if Wallace. :doh:
  2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

don't overrreact making trade- talk. It's too early. If Ben starts having a big playoff series you would regret. But I have to admit that the same thoughts come to my mind. He's a black hole on offense, teams sometimes fare well with the hack- a- Ben- strategy, he's becoming older and his not as energetic as he used to be. Also, there were some situations that made me feel that this ain't Big Ben anymore (the refusal to enter a game epecially, also his complaining about not being involved in the O enough).
    Maybe we should not hold on our stocks for too long, like at the Wall Street. Do you guys know about Refco?
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Don't give up on him yet.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

All I know is Ben's the guy that usually comes up with the key O board or loose ball... or put back... while Sheed is resting on the bench in foul trouble... i'm gonna start calling Sheed 20W 30W...
    20 to 30 minutes then he waits on the bench.... it might be time to change that oil.
  5. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't have traded Ben for anything, but if we are being pushed for a near-max contract I would have real trouble given the last few months. The problem is, we don't know if Ben's decline is due to physical problems or issues with Flip's system (offense and defense).

I think there is a big rift forming on this team. Ben is not happy with Flip and that may ultimately decide the Coach's fate more than this years playoffs.

The other thing that might be going on are some personality issues creeping into the locker room that were glossed over during the years with intense coaching personalities.
  6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the wrist thing that Mitch Albom wrote about last month. Supposedly, Ben's left wrist is unstable due to an old injury and a botched surgery, and he refuses to have it operated on again while he's still playing. But what if we could have a Ben who could hit, say 60% of his free throws (I won't get too greedy here) and have a more reliable jumper? Take a deep breath and call the doctor, Ben!
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This is silly. Don't resign Ben Wallace?????

That's like saying Barry Sanders is the reason the Lions didn't win anything.

wow
  8. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I don't think they should re-sign him for max. He is too much of an offensive liability. Did Rodman get this type of paycheck?
  9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

well i wanted to trade him a long time ago. mcdyess is just straight up better than him. mcdyess is a double double guy.

but seeing that we lost our young big man and our young point guard. we have to resign ben or that was all for nothing. lose the championship, lose your # 2 pick that's turning a cellar dwellar around, no high draft picks coming in anytime soon, no backup point guard cause you traded him away.
  10. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

I definately think we need to sign and trade Ben. That heart and soul stuff is absolute BS. Once upon a time he epitomized the character and spirit of the Pistons... Not anymore. His ego has outgrown his game, he wants more $$$ than he is worth, and his production is on the decline. Ben is not the intimidating figure he once was and we all know it. He is getting pushed around by fricken Anderson Varejao.

We are not going to win a championship this year and that would really cast some doubt on next year as well. We will be a year older, our front court will be a little slower, and a little less effective while Bosh, Lebron, D. Howard, Kristic, Darko, Okafor will all be getting better.

If we don't win this team will need a shake up- and Ben should be the best candidate. He has become Jerry Stackhouse and most be sacrificed for the good of the team. This is about winning championships and we can't do it with this team.
  11. Pwn Toney

This is just dumb. These games should never have come down to whether or not Ben Wallace hit FTs at the end against the CAVS. THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO TITLE IN 2004 WITHOUT BEN WALLACE.

Go ahead, just get rid of the main reason why this team became a success and enjoy your mediocre, score first, fun to watch but go home early style of basketball.....I want no part of it.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i just can't agree with this. ben plays hard every game, he still intimidates in the paint on defense, and we play soft and give up far more layups when he's not in the game.

yesterday he said the pistons have done too much talking (of which he's NOT the one who's been doing that), it's time to shutup and play basketball, and that it's hard to look around at all the things that went wrong, but sometimes the hardest part is going home and looking in the mirror.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What Low & WH said... how many times this playoffs have we heard the announcer say Ben is all over the place... replacing that kind of mobility and intimidation is tough to find....
    you don't know ya miss it till it's gone... just look at the games Ben had to sit out.
  14. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

Rubbish

Trade Ben? Tomfoolery. I can't even imagine that happening.
  15. bball jay

well i recall lots of young big men going at ben and didn't look intimidated at all to me. even if we do give up more layups when he's not in the game at least we are able to score on the other end. i'm tired of playing 4 on 5 offensively.
    yes. i agree ben needs to look in the mirror. he needs to reallize he is the dpoy. verajao, big z and gooden should not be scoring on him. lebron should not be laying up time after time. ben should own the boards. earn that max contract. it seems as if ben is playing as if his contract is a done deal like we owe it to him.
  16. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Too many indivdual accolades during the season. Trade Ben, no way.

I would rather have a Ben Wallace on the Bench than no Ben Wallace at all.

I said earlier on a previous thread that it may be time to bust up the core group. It apears that Chauncey has developed a big case of big headedness.

Arrogance prevails on this team and is begining to fester like a bad sore.

The Pistons are a better team, however, we have become so over confident that it has become a detriment to playing Pistons Basketball.
    They forgot about going to work every night.
  17. bball jay

that's the problem. i don't think ben will be happy coming off the bench. i'd gladly sign him for 8 million and let him give us defensive intensity off the bench. i think maybe we don't need to bust up the starting 5 but we need to put one of the starting 5 on the bench. it's simple if ben wants max contract we give it to him and trade him. if he signs for less we keep him and trade flip.
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I really think someone should step up and call a "players only meeting". They can figure it out.

But I don't think it will happen. I don't think they have a guy who will call out the others and I think they are too arrogant to realize they need to do something about the problem.

Actually, I'd like to see Flip come up with a plan, but he doesn't seem to have a clue.
  19. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

So what we are just going to pay Ben whatever he wants, watch him eat up our cap and get worse every year? For a player who only contributes on one end of the court? F-that. I don't want any part in supporting a declining team who only cares about honoring past accomplishments and not actually winning more championships.

You guys need to stop being so sentimental. It's like you would rather keep Ben than become a legitimate contender.
  20. Pwn Toney

It's quite interesting to find that many fans would trade Ben Wallace before they would admit that hiring Flip Saunders was a mistake.