a trade thought from a celtic fan

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by celtics50, Jul 5, 2007.

1. celtics50

celtics50 Second Round Draft Pick

I post on a celtics forum and a trade was suggested. There were a couple of posters who backed him saying that you guys would probably jump all over this as Pistons fans. I figured I'd check with you guys to see how you feel about it

Boston Celtics get:

F Rasheed Wallace
    G Lyndsey Hunter
    F Amir Johnson (via sign and trade)

Detroit Pistons get:

C Theo Ratliff (expiring contract)
    F/C Al Jefferson
    F Ryan Gomes

Please respond to this over and over again because I am extremely interested in your responses. is this something you guys would like to do? Or is this absolute ludicrous? Let me know.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

With all due respect, and this does not reflect this forum and is soley my opinion...............Thanks, but no thanks!!!
  3. celtics50

Thats my point, I'm looking to see what you guys think. I personally am against this trade proposal by said poster on the forum I post at but there were some people that insisted that pistons fans would like this for some odd reason. Keep em coming, I don't mind how many people dislike this trade
  4. pistonsin6

pistonsin6 First Round Draft Pick

Swith Gomes with Gerald Green and you might have a deal.

Detroit is a WIN NOW team and losing Rasheed Wallace makes them far far inferior even with Al Jefferson who is an up and coming PF. Sheed is one of the best post defenders in the league and Jefferson defense doenst even come close to his. Frankly, I think without Sheed, Detroit will not seriously contend for a championship.

In addition Johnson is the future of the organization, Im extremely high on him. I think he has the potential to be better than Jefferson, but who knows if Johnson will ever live up to that potential.

Also, Detroit has a certain mentaility . They want to go out there and win games and frankly I question the mentality of the Celtics players who seem perfectly content with tanking.

I dont do the Sheed, Hunter, Johnson deal for Theo, Al Jeff and Gomes. But I would seriously consider Sheed, Hunter and Johnson for Theo, Al Jeff and Green.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

A one sided trade favoring the Celts I'm afraid. Nice hearing from a Celtics fan though. What would you give us for Nazr, Flips (Murray and Saunders), Hunter and a bottle of diet pills?
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd take a pass on that one as well, although perhaps not quite as emphatically as Dlev.;)

A lot of people around here, myself included, are high on AJ's potential and would be hesitant to give up on him without first seeing what he can do when given some minutes.

I also think that Sheed is more valuable to the team than either of those players would be right away.
  7. Vinnie_Johnson

Vinnie_Johnson Second Round Draft Pick

Thanks but no freaking way we give away Amir and Sheed for that.:gun1:
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Amir Johnson is considered untouchable around here. That may or may not change once he sees some real NBA playing time.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry C-50, I have to agree with our PFGM board of directors here and say no. The best we can do to entertain you is Al Jefferson for Nazr and Flip Jr.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

No disrespect intended toward you personally or the Celtics organization, but

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Removed offsite links.

Clever trolling, but trolling nonetheless.
  12. celtics50

well I got exactly the response that I figured I would get and probably the response I was hoping I would get because if I was in your shoes, as a sports fan, I would be completely opposed to this trade. Your team is in too good of a position right now to be thinking future when you guys are consistently in the ECF.

Personally from my perspective I wouldn't do the trade either. Amir Johnson is yet to prove himself beyond the D-League and I wouldn't want to trade Al Jefferson for anything less than garnett, and I'm still wouldn't be over the top excited for that either because I'm a big believe in Al Jefferson the same way you guys have faith that Amir Johnson is going to be something good.

Thanx for the quick responses, you proved my point to my poster friend from my forum. If you guys ever have any trade ideas with us then be sure to stop by or just let me know and I'll see what they think. Its nice to see what fans of other teams think.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Wasup Celticsfan!

Detroit will not take an expiring contract for Key players at this time. We are still in the mix ( albeit on the outside) for a championship and until the focus changes, we will not leverage our present AND future on cap space and inexperienced veterans.

What were the reasons we'd like this trade? Rasheed was painted as wearing out his welcome but thats pretty far from the truth. Amir is our hand crafted lottery pick. We need to know if this method of development will work.

Can Green play good defense? Can Jefferson stay healthy?

What did you think about your trade that most people are bashing?
  14. max

max All-Star

What about Hamilton and nazir for Ray allen? If Ray can be traded this soon.

I don't want to trade away Amir or Sheed. Sheed is too valuable right now and his contract is only for 2 more years. Amir may really be something. We have to start taking these young guys seriously again if we hope to get back.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think Jesus Shuttlesworth can be traded until October 15th now.
  16. McSheed

McSheed Second Round Draft Pick

That trade made me throw up a little.
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

not in a million years.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:

But how do you really feel? :puke:
  19. McSheed

McSheed Second Round Draft Pick

Well AFTER i threw up, I felt that we shouldn't give up our NOW talent. Although i would enjoy less of the howling and screaming of Sheed. But it pumps me up sometimes.:) PLus i like Al Jefferson. Has a bright future ahead of him.

P.S. If the C's fan wrote some more bad trades, I would have blow HUGE chunks. :puke::puke::puke:I should have drank a little. Would have made it seem better. :beer: :beer: :beer:
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hey C-50, this was interesting and fun too. Great to hear from posters from other cities.:MusicBigGrin:

Maybe you and a couple friends can stop by here whenever our teams play next season and maybe we can go over there too and exchange views and talk a little friendly smack.

We've got quite a few folks with smackology degrees over here.
    :caked: :boink: