a trade thought from a celtic fan

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by celtics50, Jul 5, 2007.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

NO!!!!!!

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

WAY!!!!!

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd have to say no too. Amir is our golden child and some folks get down on Sheed, he's a great guy to have around the majority of the time (and does a load of stuff on the court that never makes it into the box score).

Which is not to suggest in any way that 99% of the trades we suggest wouldn't seem as lopsided to the other team as this one does to us. Just the nature of fandom I guess.

I do get that Allen, Pierce, Sheed, Perkins, and ??? make for a pretty impressive starting five though.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

It is. There are a number of C's fans that thought that the trade would be a dumb move for Boston. They'd do Al Jefferson straight for KG. Thats how highly they think of the guy. Anything less would be..uncivilised.

5. dba

Al is a pretty impressive player. I'd make him a top ten PF (just barely) with a lot of gas left in the tank. Needs to play a full season though to make sure.

6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Didn't Amir take Jefferson, Perkins, and Gomes and proceed to light them up the last game of the season?

I like Jefferson, but I'd rather see how Amir panned out.

7. Slippy

I started posting on the Celtics board. On guy said:
    comparing ANYONE to Toine is cause for a war!!!! I don't care if its Fennis Dembo. You just DOn'T insult peoples that way:gun1:

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Is there anyway we can get that post to Sheed............LOL.....

That may be all the motivation he needs for next season!

9. No Celtic Dynasty<--

No Celtic Dynasty<-- Second Round Draft Pick

Ya. I kinda thought you guys wouldnt like that trade.

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

People here in New England think that the current Celtics incarnation will score a lot of points but give up a ton, too. I have concerns about Allen and Pierce sharing the ball. And I'm still not sure who is the 2 and who is the 3. They both seem like tweeners to me.

11. celtics50

celtics50 Second Round Draft Pick

dont' take what fox says so seriously. He hasn't been around as long as others. When guys are talking about trading Al Jefferson for KG, that is just the big name part of the trade. There would be other pieces. Its hard to want to give up Al Jefferson because he is showing that he is a dominant low post presence. If Clifford Ray can help him with his defense? he'd be a top 10 PF. Right now? He's just good.

In that last game of the season where Amir Johnson lit up the celtics it was for 20 pts and 12 rebs.

Al Jefferson had 17pts and 15rebs. gomes dropped 19 pts. Allan Ray dropped 18pts. Rajon Rondo dropped 19 pts and 9 asts.

Of course that was practically a summer league game. Flip murray and amir johnson were the pistons leading scorers. None of the Celtics starters had more than 3 years of experience in the league. If it makes you feel good to say Amir Johnson lit up Al Jefferson (no D), Kendrick Perkins (plantar fascitis), and Ryan Gomes (undersized 4) then thats cool with me. Considering I'm on the fence with the sheed trade myself because like any typical fan I put my players on a pedestal.

I can't wait til this seaosn, how bout you guys?

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We are waiting to see what Dumars does in the offseason. Not to sound arrogant or spoiled (we are probably the latter if not the former to some extent), but we are tired of doing so well in the regular season only to lose out in the EC finals to whom we perceive as an inferior team (see Miami and the Lebrons).

We put much of the blame on our idiot coach Flip's refusal to make adjustments during a playoff game and on his refusal to use bench players even when they have done well (hey, will Ainge take him?).

We'll be excited if some of our young guys get to play this year. We'll also be excited if our vets start playing with more intensity on a consistent basis. The on-off switch routine gets old.

Then again...I'm pretty sure Boston would love to have our problems. Hey, I'm willing to trade you basketball teams for a season if you'll change football teams for a year.:MusicBigGrin:

Disclaimer: Oh yeah...my views are not necessarily reflective of anyone elses thoughts or feelings on this forum.

---:darthvader:---

13. dba

I'm sure this is a frequent cause for conversation in New England, but Allan Ray and Ray Allen on the same team? Who'd a thunk it...

14. Slippy

we got people that do that here. and about sheed too! I was just :stirthepot: some trouble.
    The celtic-nation.com board has good posts. The overall tone and content is similar to ours.
    The biggest difference is that thier darko thread is 6 pages and ours is 56 pages over 4 threads.
    If you ever wanted to get some input from intelligent Celtics fans, thats a good place to go.

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Conversely... If you ever wanted to get some input from unintelligent Pistons fans, the Darko threads are a good place to go.:nerd2:

16. celtics50

I know it never slipped into my head to possibly have allan ray and Ray allen on the same team. I thought it was cool that they had name reversal and both played basketball. Nevermind playing on the same NBA team.

I didn't mean to come across as a jerk before, which I may have, but I don't like when people talk about a particular player dropping any number of points or lighting someone(s) up when the Celtics not only were sitting out a bunch of players and tanking and never played defense to begin with, which includes the guy that amir johnson was playing his offense against (al jefferson). Its a little aggrvating.

No i would not trade basketball teams for football teams because I enjoy football more. I play football as well so I would rather watch the pats be perrennial contenders than the Boston Pistons.

speaking of darko, that man's agent is trying to get him way too much money. If he gets the MLE then he should be satisfied, but we all know someone is going to be retarded enough to pay him more than that.

17. max

max All-Star

I did not realize Jeffersons stats were as high as they were.

16 PPG, 11 RPG, 1.5 BPG.

How is his defense?

I would be tempted to trade Sheed for him. But not both Sheed and Johnson.

After the Darko fiascal I think we all need a draft pick to work out beyond being a solid bench guy like Maxiel.

18. celtics50

To call Jefferson's defense average is a serious compliment IMO as a celtic fan. He has never really been coached to play defense. He lets guys get to their spot on the post and he's not big enough to keep them from pushing him around. He can rebound and has a quick jump so he can block shots when they're coming at him but rarely on help defense. The coaches have him stand in the back, away from people so that he doesn't rack up fouls because they realized last year that his offensive game is potent.

If Clifford Ray can teach him how to be a better defender, especially in the post then that would be great. He also doesn't alter alot of shots. Faster high post PFs have their way with him as well because of his lack of quick feet.

He does have a quick jump and he can rebound is the extent of al jefferson's intangibles from last season and at this point in his career. He is still young and will improve which is why we like him so much.

19. No Celtic Dynasty<--

No Celtic Dynasty<-- Second Round Draft Pick

Maybe we should pay that old guy, Kevin Willis $5.00 to teach Big Al how to play D:)

20. Slippy

Sounds like Darko could be a godsend down there. His ENTIRE game is intangible.