ABC making fun of Allen Iverson, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Latinoking90, Apr 27, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  2. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

They should have posted Tay's or Sheed's stats to show which player SHOULD have been traded away. They played 30+ min. per game and still barely topped AI in the stats per game category.

GOOD EFFORT ALL AROUND THIS YEAR FELLAS!

See you next year....................oh wait, [STRIKE]maybe[/STRIKE] hopefully not. Sorry, had to get that out of my system.
  3. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Yeah, at the end of the day he was on the playoff roster and ABC made fun of:
    • AI for simply not going out there and play.
    • Joe Dumars for making this trade and showing how productive Chauncey Billups still is in the playoffs.
    • Pistons in general, he IS on the team of couse and the logo is there.
  4. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Not really, I don't like him. Never have so it didn't sting me at all.
  5. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

I thought it was inappropriate knowing the situation the Pistons were in during the playoffs.

It is debatable, on the stat category, how they wanted the audience to understand the CB/AI relationship.

It is not debatable, that this was a slap toward the Piston organization and specifically JD.
  6. max

max All-Star

Odd thing about it was that it was true. AI was officially on the playoff roster.
  7. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

Cold, but unfortunately true...
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He who laughs last laughs best.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps AI should have suited up. At least he would have went down with a fight (ala McDyess).
  10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am not defending AI in anyway, but I think this whole mess is on the team. Those guy's never accepted AI or tried to make it work. They resent AI because Chauncey got traded. Curry didn't try to make it work by making AI come off the bench and giving him 18 minutes of play. Now you know darn well AI was not going to be happy with that especially when we end up losing those games. So I don't blame AI for flipping this team the bird. What I do have a problem with is that AI made it easy for himself to be the scape goat. He should have been professional and did whatever they asked of him because that's what he was getting paid the 21 million a year for.

So I think the Pistons and AI deserve to be made fun of.
  11. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

No disagreement with your summation.

My previous point stated that this was a specious reference away from localization (individual players and coach) and toward the upper levels of the organization.

JD has lost control of this current team. This started and became noticeable a couple of years ago. This of course, had to be promptly ignored, less hall-of-fame legitimacy become associated with so much "salami slicing."

The new owners will soon discover how much an insider game closely follows our current financial systems.

The PR shrills who get paid great bucks to legitimize the addition, or lack there of, must now react (defensively) for out-of-control possessive individualism. Instead of their past mating call of "all-on-board, they now sing the song of dreams deferred.

Every brute inversion of the world knows the disinherited to whom the past no longer belongs, and not yet the future.
    Rilke