Accepting new members to DHOF

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Oct 28, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm thinking about taking the leap... or should I?... oh crap, what to do?
    heeere I goooo... nope... changed the mind again... damn that kid anyways!
    Bballjay can we just rent a decoder ring for a season?... with an option of buying into the club if he wins the battle against Boniface Ndong!?!

Some of Darko's biggest critics still think he'll be a solid player in the near future... even our allstar gets critisized at times.

Darko gives LB some credit... why can't you?

Here goooooes... he leaps... he scores!
    Enters deep Darko tunnel... eww it's kinda scary over on this side.... there's Darko everything.... 7' Darko blow up dolls.... people running around in Darko briefs.... look it's the Darko mobile!... Na na na na na na na DarkoMannnn!
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

sorry but i will hand out my share of "i told you so's" cause i believed in darko from the start. flip flopping is for people afraid to make a stand because they might be called on it later on. no middle ground you're either in or you're out.
  3. bball jay

lb gets no credit for it. yes he did things a normal coach would do. but darko wasn't some raw high school talent. he had this game right from the start. i wouldn't call what lb did as development. darko is still very raw playing a lot on talent. i dont' give flip credit for developing him either. but i do think that these preseason games for flip has done more for darko than lb did in those whole 2 years. under flip darko believes he is dominant and is becoming just that. under lb darko believed he wasn't good enough.

lb is in the hall of shame too. never said darko was on the same status level. but hall of fame credentials don't give you freedom to be a butt.
  4. bball jay

darko gives a great interview. he gives lb some credit but he also chooses not to take shots at lb or discredit him in the media. lb helped darko just as much as any coach would in practice. but lb failed in a whole lot of ways when it came to the development of the teams # 2 pick.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Did you know that some synonyms of the word "zealot" are
    • devotee
    • fanatic
    • maniac
    • freak
    • nut
    • extremist
    I just thought that was an interesting fact to share.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Merc

If I was a betting man I'd say bballjay does indeed have one of the Darko blowup dolls and he has entered it's dark tunnel on more than one occasion.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Getting ahead of yourself...

I will be happy if Darko is in the Top 8 of the Pistons lineup. In one season, moving from the Human Victory Cigar to being an integral part of the rotation would be a huge step for the youngster.
  8. roscoe36

I think this thread started off well meaning, but if anyone thinks Darko will be a top 15 center this year, he better steal a starter's role by Xmas.

Even if the guys on that list are considered lesser talents, and some are on the downside of their career, the only way you place DMC in a top 10 is if he continues to get significant blocks from the bench, starts or is evaluated strictly on potential.

I've got too much respect for Magloire, Curry, Miller and Ilgauskas to put DMC ahead of them at this point. 3 of those guys are All-Stars for crissakes.
  9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Amen, LB may have coached Darko in practice, but his refusal to give him any playing time set Darko back. And last I checked, a coach's job is to improve a player, not hold personal grudges against them.

And yes, LB is still complaining about Darko, whenever he talks about his NY rooks, he always says "its nice to have young guys that want to be coached and want to earn playing time rather than expecting it."
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Founder of club

As the founder of the club, I will take time to restate the rules for membership.

State that Dumars did not make a mistake in drafting Darko.

Now, as for the "I told you so" 's. None involved. But then there is the seating arrangement at meetings. Genius level seating is reserved for those who join early.

Those members eligible for genius level seating are myself, Max, Massimo, Dave from G-Rap, Darko Darko, Clingman, 16 and Farmington, and Pistonpsychic. Now, these are names from the other forum, so I don't know who that is here for sure.

As Darko just lead the entire NBA in blocks for the preseason, and this without even playing starters minutes, sorry, genius level seating is officially closed.

However, near genius level seating is available. Anyone joining before Darko actually establishes himself as a regular in the rotation during the regular season will be eligible for near genius level seating.

After that, the "wish I were a genius" level seats will be available for all future members.

Now, after Darko actually has a season that statistically is so good that the pick is no longer in question as being right, we will still be accepting members. And they will still get seating at the club. But they got to wear "Sorry I was late" stickers on their foreheads.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You are in.

And since you asked to join before I closed the seating for the genius level seating, you will have genius level seating. Welcome to the club.
  12. roscoe36

I was waiting for the big boss to show up! :D
    lee, DarkoDarko swore off Darko and changed his name to JMAX the Real Deal. You might want to review his credentials.
    Oh, that's good. LOL.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You are in genius level seating

You have been as vocal as anyone in defending Darko. Even if you never asked to sign up officially, I think your post right here is good enough proof that you think Dumars picked the right guy.
  14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

you forgot Lazy
  15. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Closing of "genius level" is much too precipitous and unjust. My first posting here or anywhere was in defense of Darko--first few weeks of this forum. You can look it up.

Further credentials for membership at the genius level is this confident statement: "Darko Milicic will be the youngest player ever to achieve a quadruple double (I pause with bowed head for the originator of this stat, Nate Thurmond) and will set the record for such (number of times).

And thanks be to Sheed and Chauncey for their part in this development and not to the devalued pound.:nod:
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Funny post Lee. This is the one post of yours that I thought was actually worth reading. :heh:
  17. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Dmc

I've always said I'd still take Darko over Carmelo every time somebody asked me who I'd pick if the draft had to be done all over again. But I'd be thinking about Dwade though.

I've always been on the Darko Campaign. Never jumped off the bandwagon and now still pulling for the Serbian Swat Machine. :nod:
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darko would have to explode this or next season and put up Robinson- Olajuwon or O'nealesque numbers to justify being traded that soon.
    He's gonna be good, I trust in him, but he was a project; don't forget we gave up Wade for him.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Quite correct

Lazyburbs has genius level seating. Could not think of his name last night. Thanks.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Caliban has genius level seating

No problem. What I meant was, its too late to change your mind now to get genius level seating. Obviously, you have been a Darko supporter for a while now.