Accepting new members to DHOF

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Oct 28, 2005.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Darko for President...Darko to bring about world peace...Darko...Darko...Darko

Does joining this fanclub require one to dress up like a sheep, wear a tee-shirt that says "homer", and trade in all of their Rodney White, Lance Blanks, and William Bedford hall of fame club credentials?

Although I am happy for Darko and the love he is receiving from my fellow Pistons brethren.....Hall of Fame?, top 10 center in the league this year?, confidence that he was a better pick than Carmelo?, guaranteed star?...lol...you guys have issues. :)

So all of these "I told you so" fans who admit that Darko never had a chance to really show his potential...meaning that you haven't seen it either because he hasn't had a chance to show it....expect me to believe that you knew from the gate that he would be a success? Okay. Right.

If you make decisions simply based off what you read in the paper and limited game play against players inside/outside of the NBA you get no applause in my book. The only thing Darko has proven so far is that he can really contribute to this team off the bench. That's it.

We still have alot of questions about this guy:
    • will Darko show steady improvements in his game and continue to work hard to reach his potential
    • how will Darko handle a full NBA season of playing time? Is he conditioned mentally/physically enough to handle the rigors of an NBA regular season
    • once the league has played with Darko and learned his tendencies will Darko be able to adjust his game for the better
    • can Darko mature into an on-court leader
    These are just a few of the things that have broken a potential star. There are so many more variables that factor into some one becoming a Hall of Fame calibur player.

Personally, my loyalty is to the Pistons organization and ANY Detroit team for that matter because I eat, drink and sleep Detroit Sports. The difference for me is that I let players earn my respect and then at that point I'm riding with you for as long as you are a Piston...and in some cases beyond (Stackhouse, Hill, Dantley).

If you guys are ready to toss Darko the keys to the Mercedes, without seeing how responsible he can drive with a learners permit...well good luck to you. ..and I'm glad you don't run the Pistons.

I'm going to let Darko earn my respect. So far he is doing a great job...but you can keep your Hall of Fame membership. I'm not requesting an application. I already have toilet paper.
  2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Iaccept the nomination

And I will be proud to serve.

Thank you!!! :usa2:
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Does it really take a genious to say that a #2 pick will be a very good player?
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Excellent post MotownPride.
  5. Jman

Jman Second Round Draft Pick

Hey Lee - while you may be the founder, Massimo surely must be the President Emeritus as he knew about Darko before Fad Chord. Even though he was the only one at the detnews forum with any significant Darko exposure and spoke very highly of him, he was doubted by many but held strong.

Mercury, "Does it really take a genious to say that a #2 pick will be a very good player?" - maybe not, but it helps to be able to spell your intelligence. Kind of like being able to count up to your IQ. :)

As for me, I still remember reclining on the plush carpet on the 15th floor of a 5-star hotel overlooking the Sea of Oman while watching SportsCenter when, wonders to behold, it was announced the Pistons had won the 2nd pick. I jumped up and shouted to my utterly oblivious friends "It's Darko time!" and have been a (mostly silent:() part of the club since then. Maybe that earns me a member-at-large privilege? I'll be happy to hold out the chairs for the genius members.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sounds good to me. You are in at genius level seating.

Like I said, when I said I closed genius level seating, I meant it was too late to change your mind now to get genius level seating. And obviously you have been a Darko supporter for a long time.

Welcome to the club.
  7. lazyberbs

There seems to be no middle ground

From reading posts in either this forum or the DetNws one, if you believe that Darko is not a bust, you have to believe that he has already attained HOF status and adore him like an idol.

Or you have to put him down as not having shown anything good to base a belief on that he will be a good player in the NBA.

I for one believe that he has already shown quickness, agility, speed, heart, basketball sense and basketball talent. I saw enough of those things early on to be able to tell that with the proper training, support from coaches and teammates that he would succeed and become a competent player.

Of course, I have not seen him do all these things all the time. He has not had the opportunity to show steadiness, reliability, or continuity from game to game yet. But that comes with time and game exposure.

Have we seen enough of him to say he will be in the hall of fame or be a superstar in the NBA. Of course not, but we have seen enough to know that he possesses the assets to become a contributor. That is all that I expect, at this point.

I have mentioned before, all players go through peaks and valleys in their pro careers. I believe that Darko's peaks will get higher and more frequent and valleys will get further apart and not so deep.

That's the gist of it.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I have only ONE question and one question only for SOME of the "genius club" members.

Are you also distinguished members of an IDIOT club for all of your past missed prognostications?????

Nice post Motown!! I'm with you & Merc on this one. I will root for whom I please in the way I choose, with or without the permission of a fool.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

Motown Pride, membership requires that you state that Dumars did not make a mistake in drafting Darko. Nothing more.
  10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The DHOF club wasnt started because we thought he was a future hall of famer, it was started by LB sycophants (The win now club) who thought anyone who believed in Darko was anti Detroit.

Most of the DHOF club believed in the hype, and thought all Darko needed was some PT to develop and prove himself, and couldnt understand why LB refused to play the kid, even when he did well. (My guess is Darko didnt kiss LB's butt enough).

Is Darko Hall of fame now? No, will he be? Maybe, I dont know. But he does have talent, and with a coach that wants him to succeed, he just might.
  11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

thank you for that explanation. some of the posters may have misunderstood because they are coming in the middle of a ongoing kinda inside joke.

i think joe d is in the dhof. are all of us in the dhof that bad if we think darko was worth it just like joe d and mr. d.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i'm gonna have to go with motown on this one.

the question you all need to ask yourselves is, 'would you still be in the DHOF club if he was no longer a Piston?'
  13. lazyberbs

I have to say this out loud, Mercury

There are still a lot of people out there who are saying that he won't.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Lee

1) Lee, is there any way I can get in without wearing the sticker? I sent in my application a long time ago and it got lost in the mail.

2) If not how do I get one of the stickers and how much do they cost?

3) What is the refund policy? If Darko doesn't live up to his preseason promise

4) Also I want to make sure that the Darko genius club is not related in any way, shape or form to the various other genius clubs you have been involved in...the Rodney White Genius Club, Pepe Sanchez Genius Club etc. etc etc
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I swear that if we ever make up some PF.com schwag, the word "genius" will be prominently featured.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

schwag

What is a "schwag"? And, whatever it is, how do I get one? Do I have to be a genius?
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nope. But you need to belong to the club and call Lee "Mr. President." The initiation ceremony isn't bad. You are merely required to pick your 100 all time favorite Lee lineups and explain why Rodney and Pepe would lead them to a championship. Oh...one other minor detail. Membership requires a full frontal lobotomy.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

lineups

Sounds easy to you. How do you narrow it down to just 100 lineups? That's just an hour's work for lee356.5.
  19. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I'm guessing schwag is the same as chotskies. Crap you hand out to clients with the company logo on it. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a DHOF Genius Club paperweight for my desk.
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I have a feeling the any schwag relating to the Darko Genius club is going to be mostly pocket protectors with Darko's picture on them.