Adam Fluck interviews Ben

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by basketbills, Jul 15, 2006.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Adam Fluck from Bulls.com did an interview with Ben. It sounds like he will be getting the coach he wants in Skiles. Be careful what you wish for?

Bulls.com: In Scott Skiles, you’ll get an in-your-face, hard-nosed coach who expects nothing but your best effort all of the time. What are your impressions of him and what kind of relationship do you expect to have with him?
    Wallace: “I like him and I like what he’s about. I think we share some of the same ideas about the game of basketball. He holds everybody on the floor accountable for their own actions and that’s something I can deal with. I think we need that as players. Sometimes, we think we’re better than what we are, but he’s a coach that will get in our faces and demand for us to work a little harder, even though we might think we’re already playing as hard as we can possibly play.”

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/wallace_interview_060713.html
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

OMG. So he wants a coach who will suspend him when he refuses to go in? Whatever big fella. Whatever.
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Clearly a swipe at the Pistons and Flip. Clearly.

Memo to Ben: You are not distinguishing yourself well with Pistons fans. I expect you to hear some boos at the Palace when you return.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Did you really think Ben left for the money?

We all saw the team get a little overconfident and fat on their success, (cue: If it ain't rough, it ain't right).

I don't know if Ben acknowledges his own lack of self motivation with the Pistons, but he does understand that players including himself have to be motivated.

Pop, Phil Jackson, Riley, Larry Brown, all master motivators. You need a coach like that. Someone who can push players to be better than their matchup night in and night out.

Folks will boo Ben, but don't be surprised if Flip gets a boo on opening night. I don't think he has endeared himself to many folks either. Detroit fans are fickle and demanding.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Say "Adam Fluck" 5 times fast.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fluck Adam, Fluck Ben and Fluck Flip!
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Detroit fan (or something like that).;)
  8. ggazoo69

If I had to choose between booing Ben or Flip, I'd pick Flip.

My philosophy when I leave a job for a new one is to look to the future and not bad-mouth the old gig. I think Ben is doing this, albeit subtlely. It bothers me. But I do realize he still appreciates the fans here and it is more the management he is criticizing.
  9. BillLaimbeer

Most Pistons fans don't have a problem with Flip Saunders. This forum is hardly representative of your typical, casual Piston fans. I actually like Flip Saunders. He is no Pat Riley, but he is our no Pat Riley.
  10. roscoe36

I'm pretty sure 356 will be leading the booing section.

I agree with you about the No Pat Riley bit and will not boo my television set. Once the games start, things will settle down.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Ben says it like it is. Why even have a coach. Why not hire a executive assistant.
    I don't consider it a swipe at Detroit. He disagreed with the culture here, he saying what kind of culture he wants. It was well said and it was honest. That's a lot more than I can say about media bits from flip or joe.
  12. roscoe36

I think that if we look hard enough at everything Flip and Ben say publically, there will be plenty of opportunities to see backhanded comments.

Ben is going to say great things about the Bulls and their coach. I would expect no less if I hired a new employee. That Skiles is different from Flip should be common knowledge to most regular observers.

I'd say the "perceived" mud slinging has been pretty even from both sides. The Palace did their share of downplaying Ben's abilities prior to free agency as they seem to do each year. It's normal. Business as usual.
  13. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

ben was part of the problem as far as all three coaches here. according to the papers he fought with all of them. wonder if ben would be a good coach. FLIP SHOULD BE A LOT MORE EFFECTIVE NEXT YEAR WITHOUT HAVING TO FIGHT WITH BEN. MI HOPE BEN AND SKILES ENJOY GOING AT IT !!!!
  14. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

:rofl: OH that is funny as hell Jammer. I had a very rough day today, and you just made my day. I can barely finish typing this..........:laugh:
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

On a serious note, it was a slap at Flip IMO, not at the Pistons. I also believe Ben was being honest.

However, refusing to go into a game and basically pouting mostly in the playoffs is not Flip`s fault.

It`s almost like Ben wanted Flip to get into someone else`s face, not in Big Ben`s grill!!

If Flip would have confronted Ben on his lax play in some playoff games I find it hard to believe the criticism would have been welcomed with open arms by the 4time DPOY...........
  16. ggazoo69

True. Ben's ego has grown.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No, he want's a coach that isn't an idiot so he doesn't have to refuse to go in.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ha! I agree. However you feel about the personality issues... Looks like Ben was right and Flip was wrong this year. The Heat played great defense, and the Pistons didn't.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agreed. No question that Ben should have handled it better. But the message he was sending was loud and clear.
  20. BillLaimbeer

Let's see how the Pistons and Bulls both do in 06-07 before we say who is right and who is wrong.