Adv. Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Weekly Matchups & Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt, plus Darth is in the league, too.
  2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah, I was just lucking at your roster "how the hell did he do that???", I only remember you taking away Wright from me but I didn't know back then that your roster looks like an all NBA all star team.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Just noticed that this might be the first time in league history where #1 and #2 are facing off the same week as #3 and #4 are at war....
  4. MotownPride

I was really determined to win this year. Probably did 20 mock drafts prior to ours and luckily fell into the draft position that I felt the most comfortable in. I factored in health, schedule and preseason performance. My method was pretty scientific. That combined with a little bit of luck with my predictions and voila! I did something similar last year which translated into a strong regular season but I didn't calculate as many factors and fizzled out by the end of the season. My squad is a lot more balanced this time around. Hoping I can finally get past Dre this season. He's my nemesis. :)
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

yeah, I did the same thing and then I missed the draft because I thought 12pm meant the next day
  6. MotownPride

Yeah, missing the draft will kick you in the arse in this league. GMs are too savvy and knowledgeable.
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

I'll reclaim my title next year!
  8. MotownPride

You still got a shot at this. It ain't over till' it's over. :)
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

-------------

Me either...

Darth -2

Motown-0
  10. Darth Tater

Thanks for noticing, Bill.

I beat the "best" team this week. Plus I had 4 players out most of the week.

How did your team do?:pound:
  11. Darth Tater

I'm just messing with you, Mo. You are at the top of the league in every category. Your team is downright scary. I got lucky. You da man!
  12. MotownPride

Good win! Your team seems to always bring out the worse in ours. lol. Hopefully, I get a rematch in the playoffs. :)
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Could be a nice #1 vs #8 first-round matchup....
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice 0-10 game from Paul Pierce yesterday. At least he hit one of his two free throws.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

My team is crashing and burning in a slow, ritualistic, downhill spiral that is both inevitable and extremely painful to witness. After this week I have 3 of the toughest teams in this League to play before the playoffs. It's like watching something in slow motion that you can't stop. I have identified the reasons but it doesn't make it any easier. Al Horford is back, Eric Gordon should be back by Feb 22 but I fear the damage is done. By then I will be beginning my final throes in my matchups with dba, webz and last by not least, MOTOWN. AARGH!!!!

I love my little computer drafted Aurora Guardians. But they don't rebound, they don't block, they turn the ball over and they don't score points. What's a GM to do?

Pray.

P.S. Of course I now realize I ought not to have written off entire cats at the outset and this is all learning for the future, and I really thought Steph Curry was going to have a more dazzling season than he has turned out to have had (nagging injuries in my opinion) but still...all of you guys and no one else knows how much time we put into these teams and not only time but massive text messages to you know who...for such an outcome. Trust me, this is not Chicken Little. The sky IS falling. Watch it fall. And nobody better accuse me of whining because I don't have anywhere else to express this where anyone would even vaguely empathize. "Your fantasy team might not make the playoffs? Oh, gee, that's the end of the world" with full sarcastic emphasis.

You guys are it. I don't need any responses. Just witnesses. Seriously and also...LMAO.
  16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

now that's one cunning trash talk, considering you are playing my squad this week :D
    But I can't blame you, I'm as disappointed as you are from my squad
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Now Ralphi I don't want you to feel left out. Your team is killing me 7-2 right now...you have twice as many 3s and that's my best category!

We'll see how it all shakes out but there could be a lot of movement in the bottom end of the playoff contention coming up soon.

Best of Luck to Everyone. And Ralphi, you were right, I should have taken Boozer for Lopez when I had the chance! :)
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Every morning I get up and check that my 8-1 drubbing of the Drebabies is still holding up. I don't trust those guys not to pick up someone from the legends game.

The race for second place is on.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Finally upgraded my team last week to 13 players instead of the 12 I've had most of the season. Good luck with Murphy, Ralphi. Felt I couldn't afford to hang on to him any longer, even with the deadline approaching. Avery Johnson is now officially on my coach s***list :toilet:

Soooo close to knocking you off Mo. Guess it'll just have to wait for the playoffs :D
  20. Darth Tater

Yeah, I'm going to plummet with Rudy Gay pretty much out for the count. (Will probably be dumping him shortly because there is no certainty that he will be returning).

The thing is, in this league, there are no byes. So I think 2nd place won't really make much of a difference (other than bragging rights :MusicBigGrin:), as you could end up playing a team tougher than a higher seeded one. The interesting fights will be to see who gets into the playoffs. I looks like just about every team, with possibly one exception, can still get in.

Other than maybe Motown, *we are all pretty darned close. There are teams I'd maybe prefer to face, on paper, over others, but I wouldn't bet on the outcomes of ANY of the matches.

*Of course, if Bill Laimbeer gets in, we all want to play him for the easy win...