Adv. Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Weekly Matchups & Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 20, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Unfortunately it will hold up through the end of the allstar break:yellowprison:

After putting together back to back wins to move to within a couple games of the sixth spot, this week will definitely set me back....Tyrese Evans and Micheal Beasley sat out the short week healing which probably cost me the total pts category and the three pt category, which would at least made it a respectable 3-6 loss. Also Kobe didn't help matters with 12 turnovers in 2 games...:yellowprison:...

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Bring it! We'll be ready! :)

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

True confessions of an owner:

@Mo & Webz. You guys are amazing with the way you anticipate moves and great players off the wires so quickly. I wish I had that kind of insight and I admire your abilities, even though Kimmee and I feel like :frusty: all the time! :censored::pirates:

@Webz. Thanks for the excellent insight and analysis regarding my team a few weeks ago. Not many rival G.M.'s would do that.:yo: Believe me, I keep it in mind always, but I didn't do a very good job of implementing the information.

@DBA. You arguably have the 2nd best team in the league looking at your roster and results. You will likely pummel me this week (I'm undermanned due to injuries, trades, and having some gambles backfire horribly...plus you've got a great team that maybe kicks my butt regardless). However, 2nd place for you is pretty much impossible. We are in separate divisions and assuming Motown takes 1st overall (which he most definitely shall), then the winner of my (weaker) division automatically gets 2nd place (not that it is worth anything). So pretty much, only Ralphi, Kimmee, or Dre has a realistic shot at 2nd...and that is only if they play really well and my team continues its collapse of the last couple weeks.

@ Bill Laimbeer. Well, I just want to point out that your team sucks and you are the worst owner I've ever seen. But please Have A Nice Day. :hoops::pound:

@Somebody else...yeah...the best laid plans of mice and men...:granade:<----- you. :roll:

@ Kimmee. You've made the season great. You know I'm rooting for you big time every day!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Those look like the same pink pom pons that you are dancing with in those pictures that Jammer and Rascoe keep messaging me.

5. Darth Tater

Crap! How did you recognize me???

[​IMG]

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe DT, maybe. The new Sprockets need to stand up and do something useful, Prince needs not to shoot 0-9, and Ray Felton needs to find a team who will put him on the floor. If he backs up Lawson for any length of time...

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lost Roy and Noah - fine. I did what I had to do to stay competitive and cut them.

Then I finally thought I caught a break with Mayo going to Indy in a last second trade. Wrong. Trade nullified because it came after the deadline.
    :gun1:

Oh yeah, and now Roy and Gerald Wallace will soon take all of Wes Matthews hard-earned minutes away. I'm in heaven.

8. Darth Tater

I've got Roy. They are saying his minutes will be limited and he won't play back to backs. So you probably made the best decision. I cut Rudy Gay for the same reason.

Looks like Camby and Mo Williams backfired on me too.

Anyhow, you've made some excellent moves too. Like you told me, "don't look back". :)

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have to suffer and hold on to an injured Tyreke Evans who will be out another three weeks. If I let him go, then one of the top two teams, Motown Pride or Webz will pick him up and let him ride their pine instead he heals. I already let Jennings go and Webz pick him up and let him sit on his bench until he was ready to play.

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

it ain't easy being a fantasy team owner these days... got rid of Lawson, kept an eye on him and the minute I thought about re-adding him he was gone. Now I caught myself waiting for Troy Murphy to deliver a 15ppg, 2 treys/10 boards season finale and somehow stop believing it will happen...

11. Darth Tater

We've all done dumb stuff...but Motown is the one that keeps reaping benefits from the dumb stuff we did!!:pound:

12. webz

Dropping long term injured guys is in no way dumb or silly in my eyes. If I had have held onto Noah and Roy this whole time I doubt I would be in playoff contention. 8 missed games per week every week is just too much of a disadvantage - especially if you are battling in mid-pack.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, the teams at the top can afford more luxuries and hold injured guys longer than we can. That's just the way it is.

The only suggestion I would put forward is for an IR spot. 3 bench spots is not much. Yahoo got rid of the IR a few years ago but I believe they brought it back? Correct me if I'm wrong Mo.

13. Darth Tater

I thought since there wasn't an I.R. in the real NBA there also was not one in fantasy basketball?

14. webz

15. MotownPride

Darth is correct. We actually added an additional roster spot a while back in the league's history in response to the loss of the IR player slot.

16. MotownPride

Thanks bro. You are the most consistent fantasy player in PF.com history. Nuff said.

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sprockets are taking Darth's advice to heart and running wildly from any possibility of second place.

We are so strategic it's scary.

18. MotownPride

My team's health has me a bit worried for Round 1. Here's hoping that we get our act together in time for the playoffs next week...

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sitting at #8 right now. Look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day.

:hoops:

20. Darth Tater

There are no lightweights in our league. None!

Seriously, there is not one single team in the playoffs that I look at and think "I sure hope I meet them in the playoffs".

As the favorite, the pressure is on Motown. It comes with first place.:winner_first_h4h: Especially when you win the regular season by a large margin. But I think he will find some very tough battles along the way.:starwars::boxing::boxing::boxing: