Adv. Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Weekly Matchups & Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 20, 2010.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I underestimate no one.

We assume that we will be battling for our lives every round!

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:nod: That's exactly why you will be so difficult to try to take down.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Something tells me Darth has never heard that poker saying: If you look around the table and don’t know who the chump is, then it’s you. :MusicBigGrin::stirthepot:

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am threatening to take last place.....I must be Joe Dumars

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Joe was smart enough to take last place, we would have John Wall instead of Greg Monroe right now... :stirthepot:

6. LA Dre

I am playing for the first pick in next years Fantasy draft.....:sssh:...everyone I waived for poor play or injury are now thriving on other teams...:yellowprison:

7. Darth Tater

You're probably right, C. J.

This is my 3rd year in the advanced league. I've made the playoffs every single year (No easy feat).:darthvader::bow1:

I came in 2nd place :second:by a large margin this season but also was an equal distance behind 1st place.

In my previous two years I did NOT advance past the 1st round. :redface: :toilet::deathstar1:

There is not ONE single team that I want to face. NOT one! Some scare me more than others, :nailbiting: but I expect another 1st round exit.:wave:

8. BillLaimbeer

On the bright side for you, your team is in the opposite half of the bracket as mine.

9. Darth Tater

Bill, even YOUR team terrifies me. Now, when have I ever said THAT before. :pound:

10. BillLaimbeer

My team terrifies me. I was in last place for a long while, so I will be happy sneaking into the playoffs.

11. LA Dre

My terrifies me, but it doesn't scare anyone else:yellowprison:

There are no good guards out left in FA who can hand out assists or shoot the three, so I am stuck with tanking by signing Kuesters doghouse guys Rip and Tmac to see if I can squeeze some assists out of those too this weekend.

12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Yikes. Holding on to long term injured guys is one thing, but at this point in the game with the clock running out, holding on to short term injured guys is like Russian Roulette too. Yikes. Every night at 11:30 I go through the ritual...to pull the trigger on my best guy and one of my pets or not? Sigh. :cold:So far just don't have the nerve. Have a recurring nightmare of the day I cut them, two days later someone picks them up on waivers and one day later they play and KILL on someone else's team in the playoffs. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! :cold:

13. LA Dre

I waived my # 5 draft pick Brandon Jennings after having him sent for 4 weeks and now he is thriving on someone else's team.

Let other draft picks Hedo and GHill go as they were both struggling on the Suns, once Hedo was traded and separated, they both started playing better.

Randy Foye provided plenty of assists and threes while Eric Gordon was out..as soon Gordon came back, Foye's minutes were reduced 10-12 minutes so I waived him....Gordon gets hurt in his second game back and someone else grabs Foye before I could reclaim him.

Micheal Beasley and Tyreke Evans have missed over 40 games between them, but for some stupid reason, I have kept them on the roster.

Kuester threw Ben Gordon's game off, I have still been waiting all season for him to be the guy that Joe hoped he would be....

So although my current guys can score and rebound, the guys I had for assists, steals and threes have been no shows...:yellowprison:

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

It's a vale of tears, in't it? A vale of tears. My Eric Gordon is out like FOREVER, comes back in the second games, gets hard fouled, falls on his shooting wrist that he just rehabbed and can't even make the free throws, leaves the game and hasn't been back on the court since. 15 minutes later Aaron Afflalo gets a hamstring injury and limps off the court. And there is no definite timeline on return. For either of them. Oh yeah within an hour of Eric's injury someone graps Foye while I'm too busy whining about Eric to think of it. A vale of tears, I'm tellin' ya. The only thing to do is learn and try to get savvier with the judgment calls I guess. I probably ought to cut these guys loose, but then again....:cold:

15. Darth Tater

I wonder who that someone is that Dre and Aurora keep referring to regarding Foye??:bounce::decision:.

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

that Foye is causing some trouble in the assist category! Why couldn't you guys keep him?
    My mistakes (aside from the draft): letting Delfino go F A R too early as I thought Maggette would eat his minutes. Now he's shooting the lights out from 3 pt land for someone else.
    Next, I dropped Mo Williams way too soon, forgot to add Jennings (just like everyone else probably) and I kept Darko who had about 1 week of stellar play, for about 3/4 of the season!
    Now I wait for a damaged Rudy Gay to somehow return earlier than everyone thinks and cling all my hopes on him.

17. Darth Tater

Yeah, Mo and Foye are doing well for me. I'm cemented in 2nd so winning or losing this week won't matter to me or I would be really kicking myself for picking up Toney Douglas on Wednesday for Thursday instead of Thursday fir Sunday only. Those assists would have been nice. I got him because he was halfway decent even with Billups around.

Rudy Gay may come back to kick my butt bad. But the playoffs start Monday and I'm guessing, it would take a couple days for him to practice and get in synch. I figured week one of the fantasy playoffs is not a good time for me to be rolling the dice with injured players...because there is NO week two. But it may be what kills me.

You've done a great job with your team Ralphi. They came out of nowhere. You really just may get that three peat after all thanks to your smart moves, hard work (and unrelenting horse trading :pound:).

I do NOT want to run into the current two time champion in the playoffs. Unfortunately, it looks like I may. But if not you, it will be Lame-o or Aurora. Pick your poison.:peep: Honestly, I don't like the playoffs. I can't enjoy them until they are over and that is only IF I've been successful. Too much pressure. Win or go home. All regular season records go in the trash.

You've got to be good but you've got to be lucky. Because you have absolutely no control over how these guy play. If you aren't good at the right time...I've had the best regular season record before two years in baseball. One semi final came down to a couple strikeouts in the very last game from my relief pitcher. Another championship came down to my opponent coming up a run scored short of him winning the gold. In hockey I lost in an early round when my opponent got a rare power play assist on the last day. I think the best team (Motown in this case) finds a way more often than not, but he will need Lady Luck to spend a couple of weeks at his house. I hope Mrs. Motown understands. :pound:

Lucky Mo[STRIKE]town[/STRIKE]jo
    [​IMG]

18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

There is no Mrs. Motown, but I'll take all the help I can get. :)

19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really want to add a player but somehow yahoo won't let me, no matter which Browser I use...

20. BillLaimbeer

Are you logged in?