Adv. Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Weekly Matchups & Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 20, 2010.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Aurora, if you picked up Calderon because of the pending Hornets-Raptors trade, you've made a finesse move
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think she made an Advance GM move because our match is down to whomever has the most assists at the end of tomorrow will win the week. I thought about taking him myself, but decided that I had to many PG's and since its early in the season I could afford to take a 4-5 loss and still be tied with her overall.

Good move Kim.
  3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

my team gets beaten up pretty bad right now, I need Boozer!!!
  4. LA Dre

Udonis Haslem was just carried off the floor in Mempis...he was scheduled to play in 4 games next week Not sure if it will hurt me more of the Heat.

He is their leading rebounder and has helped me the past two weeks in the rebounding category...

First it appeared that he sprained his ankle but looks he bumped knees real bad with another player. Mayneed to find me another big is he is not ready by Thursday.
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Okay you're kind of both right but Dre more than Ralphi. I did read about the pending trade but didn't pull the trigger until it became clear that my matchup with Dre will come down to probably less than a handful of assists and I needed someone else on the hardwood on Sunday. Unlike Dre, I can't think ahead to "taking 4-5 losses" because according to my calculations any win I get in this league is going to be a 5-4 win and I already know the cats. It's actually kind of depressing. :pound:Anyway, Dre we'll see tomorrow. It's been close all week long and that fg% category has still got me concerned.

Ralphi, I'm writing you pm right now after this.
  6. LA Dre

Well Kim, with the Lakers in a midst of a blow out..Phil sat Kobe midway through the third and then he pulled Matt Barnes @ the 7 min mark after her delivered the tying assist after trailing by 7-9 the past three nights. But it was not enough to over take you. My team is done for the week and I am thinking OK Kim beats me 4-3. with the assists and blocks tied..but then that darn Phil puts Shannon Brown back in there with 49 seconds left and he delivers the assist for the Lakers final hoop by Sasha so I lose 5-3:yellowprison:

I only pick up 3 pts because Steph Curry blocked Odom early in the third qtr to tie us there after I had lead that category all week :yellowprison:

Nice job this week.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When so many stats accumulate over the course of a week, it's cool when you can put tangible outcomes to specific plays like this. Maybe it wasn't so cool for you this time Dre, but nonetheless... that's what makes it exciting. :)
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't pull out my calculator, but I'd say 6-13 from Prince rather than 3-13 would have given me the extra .002 to win FG% and win the week 6-3 rather than 5-4.
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Yippiekayeah, my newest opponent got beaten up 7-2 (just like me) and has at least 2 and up to 4 injured players´. Winless Hustlers, this will be the duell of two, let's call it, "improvable", teams.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Darth, let's go!
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Uggh. I have ZERO chance of winning this one.

If you told me I could lose 3-6 right now I would jump at it and minimize the damage. Seriously.

Your team is much much better than mine plus Wade may be out a couple games. Looks like you've got Lebron and other top guys going today so they maybe have lots of games this week?

I'm seriously NOT looking forward to this. I'm thinking I MAY win turnovers and possibly a Percentage category and/or something else if I get lucky.

There are very few 0-9 contests, so I'll predict 2-7. In fact, it will be ugly after tonight. :cold::toilet::help::peep::yield:
  12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Dre, I had my eyes glued to the StatTracker and nearly fell off my seat on that last game. For one thing, I didn't figure out until the middle of the 1st quarter that my little Steph Curry was up against the mighty Lakers and my heart sank. Until then, I was reasonably sure I had assists. But Kobe puts the fear of God in me any day. I wasn't even looking at the block category having added up the number of blocks per game for my guys the night before and coming up with a big ZERO.

What are the chances Stephen Curry gets 2 blocks in game against the Lakers? Unreal.

Then I'm thinking why am I still watching this, there's 30 seconds to go and Shannon rebounds and assists. That was pretty wild. I got way lucky and even though I came out on top this time Dre that was a matchup that was close all the way down the line (except for the Guardian's continued dismal performance in rebounds.) Pretty fun stuff.

Good luck this week Dre!
  13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am getting killed with injuries. My team came out of the gate roaring and now I am taking on water. Hopefully I won't fall to far behind the leaders the next couple of weeks while my guy's get healthy.
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Carlos Boozer or Dwight Howard is on the trading block; looking for a guard who dishes, steals and maybe shoots 3's
  15. MotownPride

Scola's on the block. Looking for a Center/PF that is a decent scorer, strong rebounder and blocks shots.
  16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Amar'e is killing me AND the Pistons. My team is so bad, winless is giving me fits despite having half of his roster injured.
  17. MotownPride

Great match Darth! Your flurry of roster moves throughout the week proved helpful in winning. Well, that and our worst free throw shooting of the year! Till' next time! :)
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I threw everything at you that I could. Unfortunately, for me, I'm not even sure if the roster moves had any effect, other than messing up my field goal percentages even worse. :yellowprison:

Your numbers for the season were way way better than mine so I'm not sure if you had a bad week or not? I know Billups was gone most of the time. Going by the numbers I should have lost 1-8. In the end you knocked off most of my lead and I barely held on for a 5-4. Anyhow, I'll take it. As you said, my friend,...we shall meet again.
  19. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Can't believe I over took Webz this week for a 6-3 win. My team has been so batter with injuries. I was getting creamed most of the week and pulled it out with a strong performance on Sunday with my team at now back at 90%.
  20. MotownPride

Bored. Ready to shake it up.

I will be sending a ton of trade offers out today. Please read my analysis before making a decision and feel free to counter offer. I won't be offended. Just know that I am putting out a lot of trade offers so if you like what you see, don't sit on it. The offer may be gone by the end of the day. Good luck all!