1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adv. League 06-07 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Okay I have a question? Of all the teams in the advanced league what 2 teams may give your team the hardest time this season? I will start.

Looking over the rosters of each team it was very tough. Most of the teams are very balanced. The two teams that seem like they will be tough comeptition are #1's team and Motown's.

There are a few other teams that may be tough as well but they have a lot of question marks on there roster with injury concerns or players that are on new teams.

2. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks, I appreciate the recognition. I'll have to go over the rosters again (when I get off work) to give my opinion. But I do know that Motown has a strong squad as well...

3. #1Pistonfan

The teams that really stick out are Webz, FD, Motown, Winless & Jammer...But I think having 3 Sonic players might hurt you with your rotations Winless...

4. max

max All-Star

Hey guys.

I need some shooting guards. If anyone have an excess of shooting guards or just wants to make a deal then let me know.

thanks.

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

...forgot to respond to this earlier.

I think darn near everyone is a couple moves away from having a pretty strong team. I will be taking all of my competition seriously this year.

Max, I have a couple shooting guards I would'nt mind moving. Make a brotha an offer and we'll see what we can do. I'm looking to get a strong PF/C of the 20 point 10 rebound variety. 15 pts 8 boards wouldn't be bad either.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I could use another shooting guard myself. I am willing to swap a nice big SG for Antoine Walker or Jeff Foster.:sssh:

7. MotownPride

Sup fellas.

I'm looking to move Gerald Wallace. Yes, I know he's started slow because of his little accident on the court,but we all know he will tear it up soon. He is excellent in FG%, Rebounds, Steals and Blocks. Unfortunately, blocks is a category outside of my stragegy. Make me an offer and think big. I'm looking for a dominant big man (High field goal pct and scoring) or/and a rebounding/high field goal pct/steals forward ...I am also willing to add the future rookie of the year (Brandon Roy) into the deal to sweeten the pot.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Next year, I'd like to chance the advanced league.

9. max

max All-Star

Just a heads up.

I appreciate all the trade proposals, however Bosh is not on the table at this time.

Still looking for a SG. Have to give something to get something I suppose.

Whoever has Ray Allen - Would be interested in dealing? For someone other than Bosh that is?

10. MotownPride

We'd love to have ya. :)

11. MotownPride

Just wanted to take time out to say..

I gave the defending champ a sha-lacking this week. ...and I'm just getting warmed up. Next time it will be 8-1.

Big Daddy your next. Prepare to get smashed by the guys you refused....Wallace and Francis coming at you full speed ahead!!!!!!

12. #1Pistonfan

:bs:

It wont be so easy next time...

13. MotownPride

:pound: Sometimes the simplest responses can be the most effective. :)

14. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Looks like the Winless Husters are Hustlin with a 7-2 beat down on Max11. Tied for first place. Not bad at all. My high powered offense can't be stopped!!! Raining 3's on you haterz all day long!! LOL!!! :MusicBigGrin:

:hoops:
    Rang your next!!

15. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Apart from KG most of my guys took the week off. That bodes well for me, bad for all you...

Oh yeah, and I'm playing a man down too.

16. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

You better hope that Wallace's lobotomy has fully recovered. Francis got lucky, better hope you do too. Last week you got a :gift: .This week :skull: for your team.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was 2 blocks & 16 points away from taking the overall W from FD yesterday, but Shaq decided to punk out with a bad knee and McGrady still hasn't jump started this season yet and scored only 14 pts last night and 8 in his previous outing. I can see he is going to hurt me out of the gate as he and Shaun Livingston are both shooting below 34% in their first 3 games. Looks my team is on going to have a heavy TO ratio too as I have too many ballhog/handlers

I am willing to trade one of my 5 PG for a SG:sssh: If some wants to offer one.

18. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

One Man's Advanced League Team Reviews

Thought I’d give you one man’s opinion of the teams in the league to help stimulate discussion. Starting from the top down in this week’s standings.

Motown Prides .

Don’t let the 7-2 shellacking of #1 in Week 1 fool ya. #1 just put up one of the lamest efforts in league history. Truth is, prides 2006 squad is pretty unbalanced, with a good and deep PG rotation (headlined by Arenas, Miller), a solid crew at SG/SF (Pierce, Wallace, Korver) and at PF (Jamison, Murphy) but has a cast of Mr. Burns impersonators at the C position (Wilcox, Frye, Biedrins), and a number of other guys on the roster who are unproven, or unreliable (Francis, Jack, Roy, Atkins). He’s got a lot of guys who are not prototypical at their positions, PGs who don’t pass (Arenas, Atkins, Francis), SGs who block shots but don’t shoot (Wallace), PFs who jack up threes (Jamison, Murphy) but don’t block shots. That’s all OK if it all adds up to something, but MP is not terribly strong in any cats, and has a number of glaring weaknesses. The lack of bigs makes him weak at FG% (7th of 12 in Week 1), Reb (10th) and BL (11th). Despite the lack of size, looks like FT% (10th) is not a strength either. The lack of real pass-first PGs leaves him only moderate on ASTs (5th), but not too bad on TOs (3rd). The stronger cats at the moment appear to be Pts (5th), 3Pt (6th) and ST (4th). The best thing about his team is the number of players eligible at multiple positions, which should allow for good flexibility.
    Recommendation: Some wheeling and dealing for size might be in order here. Getting rid of Wallace, who will miss 20-30 games this year, as always, is key.
    Finish: Overall middle of the pack team

Winless Hustlers

Hustlers was powerful in week 1, near the top of the league in most categories (top 3 in FG%, FT%, 3Pt, Pt, AST, BL). While this was aided by some red-hot starts (Iverson, Lewis, Allen, Randolph, Okafur were all off-scale statistically), they will not be too much worse when they come back to earth. More importantly, each of those guys plays a different position, so Hustlers has a high-quality player at every position. Each position has a solid back-up as well (PG-Ridnour, Williams; SG-Mobley; SF-Thomas, PF-Marshall, Haslem, Lee; C- Diaw, Mourning).
    Recommendation: Deal Randolph before he comes back to earth. Eventually he will be shooting 43%, and getting 8 rebounds, and defnitely not shooting 90% from the line. But for what??
    Finish: This well-balanced team could win it all without any adjustments.

19. MotownPride

Re: One Man's Advanced League Team Reviews

Pretty cool analysis except there are some holes.

Your analysis does not take into account the horrendous shooting display by Dunleavy, Gilbert Arenas and Gerald Wallace (Game 1) that cost me FG% and FT%. It also does not take into account that my 3 point shooting was down by most of my players. Analysis also shows that last week some of my top performers were the players that you consider to be my weaknesses. Seeing that G. Wallace is perhaps the premier defensive stat packer in the league its obvious to see why my stats can be misleading. You haven't begun to see the potential of this "middle of the pack" team. The combination of Pierce, Murphy, Wallace, Jamison, and Wilcox form a combo of players that all average close to 10 rebounds a game. I'm not as bad off as you might think.

Its also important to note that Gilbert Arenas averaged 6 assists last year and is averaging 7.7 assists the first couple of games. Roy and Jack are nothing to sneeze at either. Francis is a wild card, but had he not twisted his ankle I think you would have seen another 20pt 6+ assist game.

The center position in general is going to be weak anyway...for almost everyone. Getting a double/double is usually enough to satisfy that position.

Not to mention I got absolutely nothing from Channning Frye. That won't continue. Frye will heat up. Traditionally big men are the slowest to warm up anyway. No way Zeke continues to run that team at the expense of developing Frye as well.

I was thinking about trading G.Wallace...but now I just might keep him to prove a point.

Still don't believe me? My team, although showing signs of injury right now, will prove you wrong.

And you my friend.....

have just guaranteed yourself a butt-whippin'. I'll be circling the calendar. :)

20. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Re: One Man's Advanced League Team Reviews

That was my intention (getting you (and everyone else) to circle the calendar). Need to get some blood flowing (and spilling) around here.

By the way, using last weeks stats was only a means to demonstrate some of my points. I don't necessarily think they'll predict the future. I realize that some of your players were off last week. But my overall impression still stands. Not enough size, not terribly strong in other cats, besides scoring and threes. Good but not great.

On Wallace, Ive drafted him in every league I've ever played (remember last year's debacle where I tried to trade him for Bo Jackson and a baloney sandwhich?), but this year I got wise. He's the ultimate tease (with Corey Maggette). Plays 1/2 the games and blows up, then sits the other half, game-time decision. You'll be happy to get a baloney sandwhich for him soon enough. I like the dude. Hope he finally makes it thorugh a season. But, witness him going down in GAME 1. Uberathletic=Uberinjured.