Adv. League 06-07 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Sep 13, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Be careful what you ask for...
  2. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Re: One Man's Advanced League Team Reviews

I agree, great analysis - can't wait for my breakdown.

I'll take Frye and/or G. Wallace off your hands. How bout B. Gordon for G. Wallace??

For those who havent noticed with my trade offers, I'm considering getting rid of my better FT shooters and just giving up on that category. Also trying to trade Gordon or Hinrich (or both).
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Re: One Man's Advanced League Team Reviews

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I think my team is pretty balanced but I am concerned about the rebounding I am getting from my Center position. It was just the first week so I am going to see how things go. I thought I would get more production out of Mourning. Perhaps with Shaq going down I will get a little bump in the stats from him. One can hope. As far as dealing Randolph, I have thought about it but like you stated what do you trade him for? I know Randolph's points per game, FG% and FT% will drop but he did grab 10 boards a game before his knee injury 3 years ago so it is possible he can do it again this year.
  4. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Some more team reviews

Webz Wombats
    Wombats has three elite fantasy pieces in Garnett, Redd and Kidd, then there’s somewhat of a dropoff from there. While the PG position is more than adequately manned (Kidd, Felton, Alston, Watson and Nelson), the SG/ SF/ PF positions are all somewhat thin. An injury there would cause a world of hurt. And speaking of injuries, Wombats decided to carry the Gasol load, which will be a big wild-card later. With him, they’re a top teir team, without, definitely running in the middle. Carrying an injured player (especially with a high draft pick) means that you’re automatically ~10% worse off than any other team, and he might dig a hole for himself early on. Judging from last week’s effort, though, he seems to be doing ok, although that might be because of a poor effort by the Pastor. Statistically, I think that the high FG% in week 1 is an anomaly with a large number of poor career FGers on the staff (Alston, Kidd, Wallace, Smith, Felton, Watson). FT% is always a risk with Wallace on board, but the rest look solid. There’s not a huge amount of scoring here, with Redd the only high volume guy, but Wombat’s got 3Pt covered with a number of bombers. Abundant rebounding here, and AST should be better than opening week with so many PGs (and good passing bigs), but TOs should also be higher for the same reason. BL and steals should be above average.

Strengths: Reb, AST, BL, St, 3Pt, AST
    Weaknesses: FG%, Pts, TOs
    Recommendation: Deal one or two PGs for some depth at SG/SF
    Finnish: top few, Gasol could push him to the top

Jammer
    If you wondered where all the centers are, just check out Jammer’s squad. With Ming, Darko, Bynum, Dampier and Blount, Jammers has cornered the market. Also, Jammer probably has the best PG combo in the league with Bibby and Paul filling it up but is thin after that. The SGs are a weak link with Davis and EJones OK, but not premier players. At the forward positions, only Odom is scary, and truly frightening (for Jammer) is the PF combo of Webber and Martin. The clock is ticking on those two. Iguodala may be breaking out this year, watch and see. With few premier scorers or 3Pt shooters (Odom will not continue to hit 3 a game), Jammer will be weak there. With all the Cs, Jammer finished near the top in REB (but not in BL?) in the first week, and rode Odom and Paul to the AST crown, where he should continue to be strong, but TOs will be high. Percentages should be solid, but not spectacular.
    Strengths: AST, FG%, Reb
    Weaknesses: 3Pt, Pts, TOs
    Recommendations: Add a premier scoring SG, and a more reliable forward. Deal some of the C excess when others become desparate as injuries pile up.
    Finish: For real, if any of Jammers second centers blows up (Bynum or Milicic realistically), and his PFs remain healthy, he’s got a good squad. Upper middle class.
  5. MotownPride

Even though you completely dogged my squad...these reviews are excellent! Keep up the good work buddy. Glad to have you in the league.

- MotownPride :)
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thanks for the report!

gasol was taken in the 7th round (74th overall). i am hearing reports he may be back before the new year. If so, to quote Kamla, I'm STEALING right there baby.

Well noted on the forward front but Turkoglu is under-rated and I was/am hoping for big things from May and Granger.

the other thing you got right - i WILL be at the top by seasons end.

EDIT: oh, and its wombatz with a Z. zzzzzzzzzzzzz!
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great job MainMan! You've clearly spent a lot of time and effort on your reviews.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yes confirm mainman if I have the worst front court in the league...:kleenex:
  9. MainManJoeD

First trade in the works in the Advanced League! Please tell me how l'm getting ripped by trading Kevin Martin for Brevin Night.

Why have there been no other trades? It seems to me that people are only interested in ripping other teams off (based on the offers I've seen so far). Why don't people just realize that you have to give something to get something? There's a lot of mediocre teams that could be alot better by simply reshuffling their deck a bit.
  10. MainManJoeD

Well Dre, I'm going from best teams to worst, so it may take a while before I get to your team...:pound:

Kidding. You'll be a lot better with KevMart in the fold.
  11. MotownPride

That normally takes a while. I'm not surprised.
  12. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yep. theres a few guys on my team who i would have dropped if it was mid-season, but the first week is a suck and see. you don't wanna be hasty droppin someone early on who is gonna turn around and start droppin stats on you afterwards.
  13. MainManJoeD

More team reviews

Big Daddy

Nash and Johnson form a very solid back-court, and while the front-court has no fantasy monsters, every player is solid (RWallace, Butler, Pachulia, Villanueva, Curry, Dalembert), and that depth will make him a solid competitor. The most glaring weakness is depth at the PG position. Nash and Duhon at the point is not going to cut it for a whole season. Statistically, Big Daddy was the best team in week 1. While I think the team is very good, I don’t expect him to be able to keep up the same torrid pace. Big daddy looks solid on the percentages, and looks deadly on PTS and 3Pt. Despite Nash though, without another passer in the line-up I don’t see him faring that well in AST throughout the season. REB and BL will probably continue to be his main weaknesses, as Dalembert is the only guy who excells in both and he’s due to miss 30-40 games this year. The other bigs are more scoring-first players, and while some of them like Wallace and Villanueva are rebounding well at the moment I don’t expect them to keep getting 10 a game.

Strengths: FG%, FT%, 3Pt, Pts, ST
    Weaknesses: AST, Reb, Bl
    Recommendations: Either deal Nash and give up on the PG slot, or deal a big to get another PG.
    Finish: definitely in the running.

Swoosh

I have to admit that this is one bad looking team. There are just way too many ?s here. Can Stoudamire stay healthy... Can Miller get healthy... Will Ginobili, Stoyakovic, Simmons, Radmanovic, Brown return to their former glory... Can Morrison can crack 40% shooting in his rookie year...Are Sefolosha and Arroyo the single most pathetic PG combo ever??. Sitting in the middle of all of this nastiness are fantasy beasts Shawn Marion and Vince Carter. But they just can’t do it all by themselves.

Strengths: 3Pt. That’s it.
    Weaknesses: Too many.
    Recommendation: Trade Marion and Carter in 2:1 deals to add some reliable depth to the team, then Pray.
    Finish: Dead last.
  14. MainManJoeD

Its not necissarily about dropping the guys you've got, but seeing who is on their way up. No time is a bad time for trades. Sell high and buy low are the rules, no matter what time in the season it is.

In my case, I sold high and bought high, as both Martin and Night are tearing it up. But its really about rounding out your team, and I needed another top-tier PG more than a scoring SG.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, I wish BBallJ was in the Advanced League right about now. I wouldn't mind trading Dorko for someone like KG, LBJ or Marion.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL. If you were trading with Jay, you would be trading Dorko for Arroyo, Livingston, or Artest. He doesn't have those other guys.
  17. max

max All-Star

What do you think of my team?
  18. MotownPride

Need a real good big man for Gerald Wallace and Brandon Roy - packaged.

Make me an offer please. I need to solidify my rebounding a little more seeing that Channing Frye is still missing in action and Chris Wilcox apparently loss his game after his big contract. MainManJoeD apparently is more on the money with his thoughts than I originally anticipated. :)

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  19. max

max All-Star

Mo - How long is Roy going to be out with that heel injury?

Do you have any interest in Mohammed?
  20. MotownPride

Roy might be back as early as tonight. It appears that he is just going to deal with his injury all year, take cortisone shots and have surgery post season. I expect him to put up the same impressive numbers he did before he got his heel checked out. I think he's the early favorite by most as rookie of the year.

Mohammed sounds intriguing but obviously Wallace would not be a part of that deal.