1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adv. League 06-07 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Sep 13, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Roy is talking about having surgery as soon as possible. So I fired him this morning. Man, I'm a tough GM. lol.

Gotta close one going with Big Daddy. I'll take GREAT pleasure in taking this victory 7-2 if things go my way...mostly because of MainManJ's glowing report of Big Daddy's squad. Big Daddy also rejected my trade offer early last week, so I owed him a butt kicking.

I'd also like MainMJ to to revisit my numbers this week. The Prides aren't doing too bad for an unbalanced team with a bunch of holes. ;) We were without Francis and Roy this week and we are still boasting some of the best assist numbers in the league. How's 85% from the line and 48% from the field look to ya?

I'd also like to take this time to welcome Brent Barry and Travis Outlaw to the team.

Channing Frye, don't let the door hit ya.....

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was considering picking up Barry earlier this week, but he wasn't good enough to make my squad.

He should fit right in with your guys though. :stirthepot:

3. MotownPride

I'll remember that when I play YOU next week Jammer Pants! :)

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Note to Self: Remember to check the upcoming schedule before talking smack. :doh:

5. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Still wheelin' and dealin'. Lots of people are interested in taking Artest's horrible FG% but have to realize I'm giving up his sweet RBS, ST and BLKS. I got a potential top 15 player here.

As for how bad I'm sucking right now, strap down your skirts ladies because comeback central is coming.

6. MotownPride

Next on the hitlist:

MC Jammer Pants.

The "Chinese Typewriter" dance might get you laughs, but it won't net you victories. My prediction, 6-3 this week.

Winless you're sitting in my chair. Don't make me have to move you.

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thankyou j-Kidd for the 18 assists. sorry dre. close week. still treading water and keeping my head above water. just...
    struggling in rebs and blks.
    gasol looks like he will be coming back sooner than anticipated, which is not soon enough for me, but that will be a nice injection for my team around mid-late december

8. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

LOL!! Yeah I am not too happy with my teams performance this week. I man handled Rdang's team and sent them home with and old fashion butt whooping.

However when I did the stats for this week my performance did not look so impressive. Maybe it was lack of motivation due to lack of competition. Guy's on my team were horsing around a little too much shooting left handed 3 pointers from mid court and throwing up shots from behind the backboard by Thrusday night. By Sunday evening Ray Allen had one arm tied behind his back shooting 3's and Allen Iverson was wearing a Kilt and playing a bagpipe on the bench. I am going to have to try to keep these guy's motivated!!!

9. MotownPride

Damn. That's Grade A trash talk right there. Rdang, what do you have to say for yourself? lol.

Better get the kinks out before you play me buddy. Speaking of taking it easy...my team almost lost a category due to the Arenas/Jamison brick contest that went on Sunday. Jeesh! My FG% dropped down faster than Whitney Houston's career after she met Bobby Brown. Gerald Wallace saved the day for me fortunately. lol.

10. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Apology to those breathlessly awaiting the rest of my team reviews. Work has picked up a bit. I'll try to roll the rest out later in the week. Pretty sure no one's paying any attention, but it gives me something to focus on other than the sorry state of my team.

11. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm paying attention, and waiting patiently for my analysis.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah Webz, I thought I had you building what I recall was a 7-1 lead after Thursday's game only to come home today to see that my team failed me. Who was coaching my guys Flip Sanders??? Next time I go on vacation, I am going to get LB to coach my guys...:)

13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i think our guys were playing opposite days. you were up 7-1, then i was up 7-2 then it was even.

you had more guys playing on the final day but i held on. but looking at some of the other teams weeks, i'm in a bit of trouble anyway.

14. MainManJoeD

Pastor
    Is it really possible that one team has Baron Davis, Grant Hill and Marcus Camby? Man that’s rolling the dice. All three are virtually garaunteed to miss 40 games. Rest of the team looks pretty solid. Parker at the point, Hamilton and Jackson at the 2, Nowitzky and Ilgauskas in the middle and Harrington at PF to boot. Some nice players here. Capable of putting up some scoring (PT, 3Pt, FG%, FT%, AST) and some D (ST, BL) as well. Good but not great on REB. Looks pretty balanced to me.

Strengths and Weaknesses: with or without the gimps?

Recommendation: get some value for the gimps before they go down!

Finish: I’ll go as far as saying that if the big 3 gimps all make it through the season, the Pastor will win it all. Not much chance of that. Middle to top of the pack.

Drebabys
    James is the ultimate building block, and the ultimate bargaining piece. If I had James, I’d be looking to land the best 2:1 deal I could get, especially if the rest of the team is somewhat mediocre. With Dreb’s the rest of the team is VERY mediocre, so James should be on his way out the door. The other premier player on the squad, McGrady, has proven to be unreliable in every way, up and down (statistically), in and out (of the line-up). Big dropoff after that. Terry, Gooden Shaq are solid 2nd tier players, but not spectacular. Pick-up of Martin for Knight was a move in the right direction, as he seems to be breaking out big-time. After these guys, the drop-off is immense. Boynkins, Livingston, Gay, Warrick, Turiaf (really?), Chandler, Thomas are borderline to even be on a fantasy roster. That’s a lot of mediocre. Last week Dreb’s was near the bottom in almost every category. I think that’s a trend you can bank on.

Strengths: don’t see many
    Weaknesses: whole lot

Recommendations: 2:1 for James to get 2 solid fantasy contributors. Two guys in the 20-30 ranking range. Hope McGrady shows up.

Finish: Fighting to stay out of the basement.

15. MainManJoeD

Max11
    Too many Pistons on this team. (Wait for the boos to die down). Billups, Bosh, Okur and Anthony are all going to put up big #s this year. Max’s second tier players (Maggette, Marbury, Prince, Bogut, West) all have great potential to succeed or suck balls. The rest are pretty forgettable (Haywood, Mohammed, Wesley, Parker). Good news is that because of players with multiple eligibility, Max can fill out his roster with good (but not great) players at all positions. I don’t really see a theme statistically. Not real strong in anything, but not terrible either. My squad (FD) drubbed him last week, and my team kinda sucks.

Recommendation: I’d try to pick a couple of stats to focus on, and a couple to neglect, and make trades accordingly.

Strengths and weaknesses: everythings kind of in the middle. Not much to fear here.

Finish: lower third.

Question of the year so far: Why is the returning champ in 11th place? On paper, things look alright. Great bigs: JONeal, DwHoward, Brand (and some rebounders to boot: Varejo, Collison, Gomes), reasonable PGs (Hinrich, Williams, Claxton), 2/3 are good enough (Jefferson, Deng, Crawford, JHoward, Gordon). What’s the problem? I’d say a mix of injuries (Claxton, Howard, Jefferson) and slow starts (Brand, Gordon). While I don’t think its panic time here, as the players should pick it up soon, I also don’t think that a repeat of the championship is in the cards. Let’s say good but not great. Last year, #1 was good at trading, and built a team that had way too much talent for a 12-team league (and I almost beat him- lost by 2 3 pointers dammit!). He’ll need some of that magic again if he’s going to rise to the top.

Strengths and weaknesses: A few strengths (AST, REB, BL) are off-set by some weaknesses (3Pt, Pts, FT%- no real bonafied scorers here, he may lose these every week).

Recommendation: Trade for a premier scorer/ shooter. Try to get Allen, Arenas or Bryant (while his stock is low). Maybe package Howard (FT% killer) and a solid PG (Hinrich or Williams). (Remember, Wade is still on the table, and you rode him to glory last year. Make me an offer, 2:1.)

Finish: Upper-Middle of the pack. But no 'ship.

16. MainManJoeD

More team reviews

Rodeny Dangerfield
    I have to admit that I kind of like rdang’s team. Despite the last place status, I think that there’s some good pieces here that could be turned into a solid team. So why last place? First, his best two players are not themselves yet. Bryant and JRichardson are fantasy monsters who haven’t turned it on yet. They will, and Rdang will work his way out of the basement. Duncan, Artest, West, Cassell, James are all going to be solid this year. And Fisher, Walker, Hughes, Nocioni, Parker and QRichardson can all add value. What’s the second reason for the last place standing? Carrying only one center? WTFIT!

Recommendations: Need to add another C, duh, and maybe some more AST at the PG slot.
    Strengths: (with Bryant and Richardson at full strength): Pts, 3Pt, ST, Reb,
    Weaknesses: AST, BL, FT%
    Finish: But I’m not going to say that they’ll win it all. Doesn’t seem like the manager is all there. Still a middle of the run team. Just not last place.

FD
    Will someone who feels they can be objective please review my team?

17. MainManJoeD

Predicted Final Standings

Predicted Final Standings:

1. Winless
    2-4 Pastor, MoPride, Wombatz
    5-7 #1, BDaddy, Jammer
    8-9 RDang, FD
    10-12 Max11, Drebaby, Swoosh

Anyone disagree?

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: More team reviews

FD is a good sport and writes excellent reviews. He asked someone to review his team, and I was worried that the slackers in the advanced league wouldn't be up to the task, so this is it. I'm not saying it is good, but it's better than a kick in the family jewels

FD

This is a middle of the road team. It has some good players, and some not so good players. One thing is for sure, FD's team has as many players as you are allowed. It's a full roster which is good.

Last week, FD won. I don't know which players he used because his roster is a secret to people outside the league. We've been trying to find out, but every time one of our agents infiltrates the advanced league, they put two agents back in our organization. Frustrating to say the least.

Recommendations: I wouldn't change too much except maybe trade for better players. See if someone will trade you all-stars for bench warmers. This strategy usually works ok.
    Strengths: as mentioned, this team has a lot of players
    Weaknesses: because this team has so many players, playing time will be hotly contested. As the manager, FD will have to manage and massage egoes or there could be a poisonous split in the locker room.
    Finish: Because I am not in this league, FD's team has a pretty good chance of winning. As good as anyone else I reckon.

:)

19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

LMAO!!!:pound: :pound: Thebest review ever

20. max

max All-Star

Thanks MainMan. I agree. But I have also been trying. Seems like all you guys are interested in is dealing injured players and bench warmers for Bosh.