1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adv. League 06-07 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Sep 13, 2006.

1. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Re: More team reviews

Oh I'm around alright baby. Thanks for the support and that's what my game plan is. I'm still shopping around for a good PF/C and I've been definately dishing out trades.

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Looks like we gotta close one going Jammertime.

Who I play today will have a huge impact on who wins the matchup!

Good luck! :)

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, it looks like its going to come right down to the end.

Good luck right back at ya! :thumb[1]:

4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Looks like I am having another good week. I am looking to move SG Cutino Mobley. Anyone interested? I am looking for another SG/SF in return that has a little more punch from the 3pt line. What you are getting with Mobley is a guy that is shooting near 50% from the field and is great with STL's and Reb's. Also willing to look at offers for PF/C Boris Diaw.

5. MotownPride

Big battle this week Winless. I put Jammer in the discount bargain bin, you're next!

6. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm interested in both. Ben Gordon and RJ can both drain the 3s. Jefferson is supposed to back from his injury soon (I think). I have to get rid of a Bull so Hinrich may also be available (depending on who else you want) if you dont like Gordon.

7. Winless Wonders

Yes indeed big battle. I just finished doing the stats for this week and if I would have played you this week I would have pounded you 7-2. Just some food for thought. I did not even play my big men Saturday night to try to increase my FT% and score more 3's so I would have had 4 more blocks which would have made it 8-1.

Don't sing it Motown.... BRING IT:hoops: :pound: :pound: :pound:

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

just call me part of the 'win later' club...

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not much action in here right now so I guess I'll throw out some random thoughts about how I'm travelling.
    I'm taking my results with a grain of salt right now. So far I've played the 6th, 10th, 11th and 12th placed teams with swoooooooooooooooosh next week.
    I have been following how i would fare against the winless and motowns of this world - and its not pleasant. So I guess I'm a little bit lucky that I've been spared any big spankings while i wait for my 'win later club' guys to come back. It started with just Gasol, and I thought 'if i can just stay in contention til he gets back i'll be right', then I thought, 'what the hell, if I'm waiting for 1 injured player and i might as well get some more, so I've taken on Williams x2 (Jason and Marvin).
    What I didn't take into account was Ben's game being kidnapped! Doh!

So to Pau and co...

Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well.
    Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well...

10. MotownPride

Winless has called upon the witch doctor to force my man Glibert Arenas into a 3 point game. He's done similar things to Paul Pierce, Jamison, Murphy and A. Miller. I'm hoping to perform an exorcism to my team tonight in hopes that we can pull off the come from behind win!

11. Winless Wonders

I was quite surprised to see you leading the 3pt stat category in our match up. I will gladly take a loss in that category if it means your REB, FG% and FT% go in the tank along with the TO's. I am still leading 7-2 and I have Iverson back who drop 46 and 10 on you last night. I am hoping I can take back the steal's lead and come out on top with a 8-1 victory.:stirthepot:

12. Winless Wonders

Your strategy is risky but could pay off. Just hope that when those injured guy's come back they don't come back sluggish. One or two 7-2 or 8-1 losses to one of the top ranked teams and it is very hard to recover and make up ground once you fall into the 3rd tier of the standings.

13. Winless Wonders

Looks like we have a heavyweight battle going on Motown. I give you credit you fought back to keep this thing close with your wavier wire pickups this week. My well oiled machine has let me down the past couple of nights.

14. MotownPride

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. ;)

Truely a battle for the ages. Down 0-9 to turn it around by the last game to 4-4... Probably my best GM work in a long time. May the best team win! :boxing:

15. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Hope your GM skills pick up a little for our meeting next week, MoPri... I'd be beating you 6-3 right now if we were going at it. Just stoking the fire for our match-up next week...

I worship Winless, who despite my best week yet, would still be beating me 7-2. Do you have a fan club?

16. Winless Wonders

Yeah I am kicking myself too because I had sizable leads in 7 of the stat categories up until last nights game. I am still hoping to come out on top with a 6-3 win or 5-4. I think 7-2 is pretty much out of reach.:yellowprison:

17. Winless Wonders

Thanks for the acknowledgement despite the fact that I am not having my best week. Those DNP's from Iverson and Mo Williams hurt a little bit but my numbers are still respectable.

18. MotownPride

I'll be ready..and the strategy will be adjusted accordingly. Trust me. You'll have your hands full. :)

19. MotownPride

4 to 5!

Tough loss. The sad thing is that Winless's guards outblocked my centers. To come all the way back from 0-9 and lose by a block is a little disheartning. Team Pride will bounce back though and be ready for the rematch. FD, time for you to see just how much of a "pretender" I am! I hope you're ready!

20. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

MP, I'd have also beaten you 5-4 last week. And without all the drama...

While I am not ready to toot my team's horn yet (after playing the 4 bottom teams so far), I do believe I will take you down this week.

Although that's not saying much...